Windows 10: Increase system font in start menu, notification area, etc.?

Discus and support Increase system font in start menu, notification area, etc.? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a small 11.6 tablet with full HD (1920:1080) resolution. The "system" font, like in the start menu, notification area, apps (Mail), etc., is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vel2000, Oct 7, 2015.

1. vel2000 Win User

Increase system font in start menu, notification area, etc.?

I have a small 11.6 tablet with full HD (1920:1080) resolution.
    The "system" font, like in the start menu, notification area, apps (Mail), etc., is ridiculously tiny, even on a 150% (recommended) scaling.
    I have to set scaling to 200%, to get a comfortable size, but this sometimes hides buttons/elements from other programs.
    Increasing font size only, doesn't seem to have any effect to the "Metro part" of Windows 10, fonts keep microscopic tiny.
    Is there any "mod or hack", e.g. registry tweaking, to just increase the font size for the "Metro part" of Windows 10?

:)

vel2000, Oct 7, 2015

2. Bigger, Darker Fonts

I sympathize. You can adjust some fonts using System Font Size Changer:

System Font Size Changer - Increase Text Size in Windows 10

This will let you increase icon font(Explorer & Desktop), Menu items, and several others.

Some things will remain annoyingly tiny, like control labels on the Ribbon, Jump lists and other items. There is another Registry trick that allows you to set a bolder font as the System default, but you will lose access to the Segoe UI font and the size
    can not be increased.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Oct 7, 2015
  3. How to increase font size in Menu and Favorites bar?

how to increase font size in menu and favorite bar

Original title: increase font size

dennisdolce, Oct 7, 2015
Thema:

Increase system font in start menu, notification area, etc.?

1. Increase system font in start menu, notification area, etc.? - Similar Threads - Increase system font

2. Windows Start menu, notifications, settings, etc. missing textures.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start menu, notifications, settings, etc. missing textures.: Hi. My start menu, setting, action center and pretty much everything lost textures/icons. I tried some sfc scan fixes and other cmd commands, but nothing seemed to work. Does anyone have any ideas on how to proceed and get this fixed?...
  3. How to increase start menu font size anyone knows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to increase start menu font size anyone knows?: Today I switched on my laptop and pressed the windows keys and I don't know how but the start menu font got very small how to increase that? submitted by /u/RadioActiveMemes_YT [link] [comments]...
  4. How to increase font size of menu text, icon text, message boxes, etc.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to increase font size of menu text, icon text, message boxes, etc.: My present W10 version is 1909. When Windows first eliminated a user's ability to specify font size of icons, menu text, tool tips etc. there were some registry hacks available (in TenForums amongst other places) that did the trick... but those scripts don't work in the...
  5. Increase system font size!

Increase system font size!: I want to increase this <CENSORED> tiny font in Windows 10! No, I don't want to rescale everything, because then everything is big like hell!. No, increasing Text size only don't affect system font size! Do you know, how hard is to read such tiny letters under 1920 × 1200?!...
  6. Is there a way to increase icon size in notification area?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to increase icon size in notification area?: Same question for the System Tray? 109917
  7. Decrease font size in Notification area Popup

Decrease font size in Notification area Popup: I am writing a program which activates the Windows Notification Popup. However the font size in the popup is too large for the information that i want to 'pop up'. is there a registry hack to reduce the font size of the notification popup? I know there is hack to change tool...
  8. Start Menu, Search, and Volume toggle in Notification area not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu, Search, and Volume toggle in Notification area not working: So, this last update seems to have killed the start menu again. After reboot, it might work, it might not, but not too long there-after it just quits working all-together if it was working before. Same with search and Volume toggle. Dang! Mines an AMD machine which is perhaps...
  9. Surface 4 start menu and notification area stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface 4 start menu and notification area stop working: Hello! I got a new surface4. After debugging and re-installationtion i can't find out of the problem. After a day or 2 everything stop working. Start menu system settings and everything i need. It's a really clean install windows 10 enterprise, office 2016. Just to keep...
  10. Start menu, settings and notification area won't open.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, settings and notification area won't open.: When I click on the start button, nothing happens. It highlights when I hover over it, but doesn't react to being clicked. The same is true for the notification area. I can right click on the start button and it provides the normal options. Again the same is true of the...