Windows 10: Increasing frequently Windows Hangs

Discus and support Increasing frequently Windows Hangs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Over the last couple of weeks I have had to use the PC's reset button a number of times because Windows 10 just froze. Using the reset button is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shag00, Apr 28, 2017.

1. shag00 Win User

Increasing frequently Windows Hangs

Over the last couple of weeks I have had to use the PC's reset button a number of times because Windows 10 just froze. Using the reset button is something I have not had do for a very long time.

System has been stable for a considerable period and no new programs have been added for months. There are no error messages, no BSOD and windows file check comes back OK. Mostly happens during an attempted drag & drop procedure or when using firefox although both of these can be performed 99% of the time without any issues except for a lag between dropping a file in a program and it appearing in that program, say 10-15 seconds instead of instantly.

The other issue of note is that ctrl-alt-del no longer brings up the menu it once did (task manager, power off rtc) once Windows hangs.

To explain "hangs" or "freezes" in more detail:
    The currently used program stops responding and I can swap into another program and close it. I can do this once or twice then everything freezes and I need to use the reset button.

I have a feeling this is a Windows issue but I am not ruling out a hardware problem, any thoughts welcome.

:)

shag00, Apr 28, 2017

2. i have install window 10 and task manager increase to 100 and my pc hang? some it automatically restart and indicate machine check exception

i have install window 10 and task manager increase to 100 and my pc hang? some it automatically restart and indicate machine check exception

rojitnaorem, Apr 28, 2017
  3. 7610 - Problems

Hi

I recently bought a Nokia 7610. I never thought that the phone would have so many problems. It keeps hanging again and again. I took it to Nokia Care in New Delhi, India. They kept the phone for about 4 hours and said that they had upgraded the software. After
    the upgrade the problems increased. They would not install any anit-virus so I got it done from a shop. But still the phone continues to malfunction. It is really a very in-reliable phone unlike my old 6610. It stopped starting so I formatted the phone. Still
    it keeps shutting down and hanging frequently.

Is there some solution or should I throw the phone in the garbage?

sampang---01, Apr 28, 2017
  4. Increasing frequently Windows Hangs

Hi Shag00

Is any thing showing under reliability History?

When this happens are any events being logged? (Event Viewer, system and application log in particular.)

Interesting that CRTL+ALT+DEL is not working. I tested on Anniversary and CU. Both systems brought up menu.

If you type memory into search it should bring up the Windows Memory Diagnostic tester. You may also wish to run chkdsk /r on your system drive.

While neither of these test should cause you issue I always recommend that you ensure your data is backed up and you have a system image created by a tool like Macrium Reflect.

Ken

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 28, 2017
  5. shag00 Win User
    Thanks for your reply Ken, the reliability monitor threw up 2 things, 1/ that a windows update had occurred on the same day and 2/ a driver I had installed 2 weeks ago, Apple's Bonjour Print Services has been having continued problems.

I will remove this and see how it goes.

Again, thanks.

shag00, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Increasing frequently Windows Hangs

1. Increasing frequently Windows Hangs - Similar Threads - Increasing frequently Hangs

2. Windows 10 hanging frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hanging frequently: Hlo,i am a user of windows 10 pro version from last some days my pc hangs at frequent intervals from where it cannot recover and i have to force shut down iti did everything disabled startup apps ran virus scan sfc scan dism Scan stopped background appsmsconfig apps disable...
  3. Windows 10 hanging frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 hanging frequently: Hlo,i am a user of windows 10 pro version from last some days my pc hangs at frequent intervals from where it cannot recover and i have to force shut down iti did everything disabled startup apps ran virus scan sfc scan dism Scan stopped background appsmsconfig apps disable...
  4. Windows 10 hanging frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 keeps on hanging frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps on hanging frequently: Everything goes smooth until I open Hostar.This app just doesn't work.Laptop gets hanged when using this particular app and once hanged nothing worksincluding Ctrl+Alt+Del it never gets back to normal until the restart with power button please fix it please...
  6. Windows 11 keeps on hanging frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps on hanging frequently: Everything goes smooth until I open Hostar.This app just doesn't work.Laptop gets hanged when using this particular app and once hanged nothing worksincluding Ctrl+Alt+Del it never gets back to normal until the restart with power button please fix it please...
  7. Windows 10 hanging frequently after startup

Windows 10 hanging frequently after startup: Windows 10 x64 bit hanging or freezing after start up. Reinstalled completely and done all the windows updates, still problem persists. I can move the cursor, but right click or left click wont work. After a while the clicked action will take effect. C drive having enough...
  8. Blue Screen and frequent Hangs

Blue Screen and frequent Hangs: Hi, Recently i started getting the BSOD. Here's a link to the dump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj8Xm0z90S3u3zH633quvPZ7K40B?e=l2LjK1 TIA. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-and-frequent-hangs/25f1bfcb-2b23-401d-8740-bd8ab4a6e498
  9. WIndows 10 hangs up very frequently

WIndows 10 hangs up very frequently: Since the middle of last week my laptop keeps freezing my only remedy is to use the power button to turn off and again. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-hangs-up-very-frequently/2517fed0-1993-4dde-a2de-1f83336694ad
  10. Frequent system hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Frequent system hangs: HI: I am seeing frequent hangs of varying times after reboot. Many times a few minutes after boot, often 15 minutes after boot, once as long as 5 hours till requested shutdown. Typically most activity freezes things, the mouse might still work but wont respond to a click,...