Windows 10: Increasing number of items to be pinned to File explorer

Discus and support Increasing number of items to be pinned to File explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and would like to know how I go about increasing the number of items to be pinned to File Explorer It would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Howardc, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Howardc Win User

Increasing number of items to be pinned to File explorer

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and would like to know how I go about increasing the number of items to be pinned to File Explorer

It would be appreciated if someone could kindly assist me in advising me how to set the maximum number of items to be pinned to file explorer

:)

Howardc, Sep 11, 2015

2. Invisible pinned taskbar items after move from Windows 7 to Windows10

In Windows 7 I had multiple items pinned to the taskbar for Windows/File Explorer (folders)

After update to Windows 10 some of these pinned items are not showing in the pinned list and there appears to be a limit of 12 which are actually shown.

I know that the missing items are pinned because when I unpin an item rather than dropping from 12 to 11 pinned items the number moves back to 12 and a "missing" item reappears.

I could note all currently showing items then remove sequentially items (noting each one) until the list actually starts to decrease below 12, then decide which 12 I want in the list and redo.

BUT is there a way to get Windows to increase the number of pinned items shown? I can't find a setting to change for this.

Jeremy Dwyer, Sep 11, 2015
  3. Taskbar and Start Menu Properties box - doesnt have Start Menu tab on it. Needs it.

There is no option to reduce the number of items in the JumpLists. You can only increase it, but that too requires a registry edit.

How to increase number of pinned/recent items of taskbar jumplist - Microsoft Community :

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/how-to-increase-number-of-pinnedrecent-items-of/f83e050c-f78a-4ac2-9b09-82876d697a57

Setting anything <12 doesn't seem to work.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Sep 11, 2015
  4. ksdixon Win User

Have a windows 8 pc. Sign into it with an ms account. Change the number of jump list items in the taskbar settings. Sync these account settings to your Windows 10 machine.

ksdixon, Sep 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Increasing number of items to be pinned to File explorer - Similar Threads - Increasing number items

2. Windows 11 - Increase Number of Items in Jump List File Explorer Pinned to Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Increase Number of Items in Jump List File Explorer Pinned to Task Bar: I've got Window 11 Pro. I have File Explorer pinned to the Task bar. I've added to the jump list by navigating in File Explorer to the desired folder, clicking the three dots at top - beneath address bar, and selecting Pin to Quick access. This works - until all available...
  3. Windows 11 - Increase Number of Items in Jump List File Explorer Pinned to Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Increase Number of Items in Jump List File Explorer Pinned to Task Bar: I've got Window 11 Pro. I have File Explorer pinned to the Task bar. I've added to the jump list by navigating in File Explorer to the desired folder, clicking the three dots at top - beneath address bar, and selecting Pin to Quick access. This works - until all available...
  4. How to increase the number of Jump List items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to increase the number of Jump List items in Windows 10: Windows 10 by default displays 12 items in the Taskbar Jump Lists. In Windows 7 you could change this number via Taskbar and Start Menu Properties, Now this is no longer possible. Increase number of Jump List items in Windows 10 If you want to change or increase the number of...
  5. File Explorer pinned items reset to defaults

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer pinned items reset to defaults: I have a user who after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 cannot pin anything to his file explorer jump lists. I have tried all the fixes I could find and most didn't work. Some worked for a little while but eventually the file explorer resets to defaults and anything...
  6. File Explorer item Line margin Spacing Increased

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer item Line margin Spacing Increased: [ATTACH] I don't know when it happend but not only file explorer, taskbar also has weird larger than normal spacing [ATTACH] How can i solve this problem?...
  7. File Explorer Quick Access trouble.. Cannot pin items

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Quick Access trouble.. Cannot pin items: File Explorer is behaving weird - I cannot pin items to Quick Access. When I pin items they won't appear to QA. Also when dragging items to QA nothing happens and there's a small icon indicating that is not possible. I did some "tweaks" with Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.5 but...
  8. How to increase number of items/shortcuts in quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    How to increase number of items/shortcuts in quick access: By default, quick access only shows the most recent 20 files opened, but I have a 4k monitor and can fit a lot more than that on the screen, so was just wondering if there would be a way to choose a custom number, say, 60 recent items or even 100? 79173
  9. Increase Number of Items in Jump Lists

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase Number of Items in Jump Lists: As title says I'm wanting to know if there's a way to increase the amount of items can be stuffed into a taskbar jumplist. My reason is, I've used the jumplist feature in Windows 7 for Steam to give quicker access to some of the options you can only access by...
  10. Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer.: I have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and everything was fine then. But recently I am experiencing an issue which is "Pinned items and Jump List are not displayed in File Explorer in both Taskbar and Start Menu". Pinned items and Jump Lists are...