Windows 10: Increasing the reaction time of Windows links/shortcuts

Discus and support Increasing the reaction time of Windows links/shortcuts in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi there, I've just joined this forum (I was a member of the Win8 forum) and don't know if this question has arisen before. I have a number of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by cplloyd42, Jun 29, 2016.

1. cplloyd42 Win User

Increasing the reaction time of Windows links/shortcuts

Hi there,

I've just joined this forum (I was a member of the Win8 forum) and don't know if this question has arisen before.

I have a number of links (shortcuts) to our 2 NAS devices in various folders on my PC. These NAS devices go to standby to conserve power after about 30sec of non-use. Whenever I drag a file across these links en route to somewhere else, I have to wait until the drive(s) power up before I can complete the drag operation. Rather than turn off the NASs' power conservation, is there a way of having these links require at least 0.5 sec before activating? (Currently they seem to be almost instantaneous.)

Yes, I know I could look for an alternative route to drag my file that misses these links, but when I am focused on the destination as a step in a multi-step action, I just don't see those links sitting there in my path.

Any advice would be helpful, so thanks in advance,
    Paul.

:)

cplloyd42, Jun 29, 2016
  2. bcm454 Win User

Increasing the font size of the time in the status bar

Thank you for your suggestion. I will try the player.

I don't want to lock the phone just to see the time - I wish to see the time when I am using the phone, so I will hold out for some other ideas.

bcm454, Jun 29, 2016
  3. bcm454 Win User
    Increasing the font size of the time in the status bar

Hi I am new to Nokia and the 1020. I increased the font size but it does not change the size of the clock time in the status bar.

Is anyone aware of a way of doing that or perhaps an app that allows a bigger font and stays on top somewhere on screen?

I have the magnifier set on but it makes it way too big and I cannot work out what I have to do to reduce the level of magnification to normal + 30%ish. I sthere anything like a registry and a commeand I could enter instead of the fancy finger work?

Lastly, if anyone can recommend a music player app for the 1020 that does music folders (not playlists or genre lists), I would be most grateful.

Many thanks.

bcm454, Jun 29, 2016
Thema:

Increasing the reaction time of Windows links/shortcuts

1. Increasing the reaction time of Windows links/shortcuts - Similar Threads - Increasing reaction links

2. Reaction to comments

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reaction to comments: I have noticed the option to "like" "love" "thinking" "angry" "sad" has gone and and you just now get the "like of unlike" It has happened various times, i haven't changed my settings and it just randomly comes back, But it is now becoming an annoyance more that anything...
  3. Reaction to comments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reaction to comments: I have noticed the option to "like" "love" "thinking" "angry" "sad" has gone and and you just now get the "like of unlike" It has happened various times, i haven't changed my settings and it just randomly comes back, But it is now becoming an annoyance more that anything...
  4. MSN news comments reactions are increasing but not on any comments I see on my account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN news comments reactions are increasing but not on any comments I see on my account...: MSN news comments reactions are increasing but not on any comments I see on my account where are they coming from? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-news-comments-reactions-are-increasing-but-not/9551748d-6bf8-4d34-8d72-03c0570664e7
  5. Increase in Booting time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increase in Booting time: Hi,I am a windows 11 user and recently i downloaded some softwares like epic games , plarium playa game , started to download hitman starter pack from XBOX but stopped it in between , Grand RP..just after downloading all these and setting up i deleted them all completely for...
  6. Increase in Booting time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increase in Booting time: Hi,I am a windows 11 user and recently i downloaded some softwares like epic games , plarium playa game , started to download hitman starter pack from XBOX but stopped it in between , Grand RP..just after downloading all these and setting up i deleted them all completely for...
  7. Create a shortcut to increase/reduce brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create a shortcut to increase/reduce brightness: Hello there, I recently bought an external keyboard to my laptop and I would really like to create a shortcut in which I could be able to increase or decrease the brightness on screen. The native laptop's keyboard has two keys in which I can easily perform this action,...
  8. Increase Font Size Shortcut Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Increase Font Size Shortcut Not Working: In the last month or so, I noticed that the increase font size shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+>) no longer works. I've cross-tested this in Microsoft Word, Google Dogs, and various email platforms. The decrease shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+<) still works fine, so I'm not sure what's causing...
  9. Increase time for Notifications?

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase time for Notifications?: Notifications appear on the bottom right of the desktop, the problem is that they appear and disappear so quickly I don't have time to read them? Is there a setting to increase the time that a notification stays on the desktop before disappearing, I cannot find one? 119629
  10. Boot time increase

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot time increase: Hey guys, a few days ago I had to use my gigabyte's backup bios due to corruption, and now my pc takes upto a minute to boot instead of about 10-15 seconds. (stays on gigabyte screen till boot). Any ideas? 55114