Windows 10: Incredibly annoying lag..

Discus and support Incredibly annoying lag.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently fresh installed windows 10 with new pc parts I bought (mixed with old till they arrive in mail), i5 8400,, ASUS S1151 ATX TUF Z370-PLUS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by excellent, Oct 21, 2017.

1. excellent Win User

Incredibly annoying lag..

I recently fresh installed windows 10 with new pc parts I bought (mixed with old till they arrive in mail), i5 8400,, ASUS S1151 ATX TUF Z370-PLUS GAMING mb, 32GB DDR4 G.Skill (4x8G) 3200Mhz Trident Z Ram, Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2SSD, GTX 770. The problem I'm having is that after half an hour or an hour maybe, if the machines under a decent load (games mainly), it starts lagging horribly, EVE online the whole machines really choppy, and PUBG starts lagging horribly every few seconds. If I restart its fine for a while till it starts happening again.. Never had a problem with my old machine i7 920 ect running windows 7.

No idea whats causing it.. It's not a memory leak and happens even with the cpu being used under 50%. The machines not exactly lower end, I shouldn't have any issues with lag and restarting every hour isn't really a solution *Sad. Any ideas on what it can be? or how to troubleshoot this? Kinda just want to reinstall 7 again.. (even with all the hassle id have with the drivers)

Win 10 Home, Ver 1709, build 16299.19

:)

excellent, Oct 21, 2017
  2. awol---01 Win User

N73 new firmware out !!!!

@ chipmunk

I agree with the quality of pictures from the N73. Unless they are taken in good quality lighting the photos are poor.

Also the lag between the pressing of the shutter button and it actually taking the picture is incredibly long and annoying. I missed many a good picture because of that.

I wonder if there's a fix for that?

awol---01, Oct 21, 2017
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Incredibly weird and annoying

Question; After the update install did you do the reboot and let it through this process until it finished and

then brought your lock screen and you logged on?

Then did you shut down and start the computer again and it came up?

lacrumb, Oct 21, 2017
  4. Incredibly annoying lag..

Hi excellent,

Make sure computer is not overheating use SpeedFan to monitor computer temperatures.

You could find out if the Windows 10 causing the problem by booting and using your computer with KNOPPIX is a bootable Live system on CD, DVD or USB flash drives. If problem does not happen with KNOPPIX OS then we will know Windows 10 causing the problem.

FreeBooter, Oct 21, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, check your disk transfer speed. (Task Manager, Performance).
    If around, say, 10MB/s with about 100% usage when, say, copying a large file, you have a problem that people have experienced over several generations of Windows, and which some with Win 10 have experienced- but no immediate solution as yet.

Just one random possibility it's easy to test.

dalchina, Oct 21, 2017
  6. excellent Win User
    Artifacts started showing on screen then my GTX770 died a few hours after the post, chucked my GTX1080ti in and it seems to be fine now.

Funny how it happens randomly when I build new pc and install 10 lol.. Oh well.

Thanks

excellent, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Incredibly annoying lag..

1. Incredibly annoying lag.. - Similar Threads - Incredibly annoying lag

2. This is incredible . . .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This is incredible . . .: My computer is a Dell, laptop. Running Windows 10.I also have, another Dell computer.I just reinstalled, Windows 10. On my, other computer.The initial steps, you go through.Let's connect, to a network. Etc.Everything, went fine. Until I got, to birthdate.At the top of the...
  3. This is incredible . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is incredible . . .: My computer is a Dell, laptop. Running Windows 10.I also have, another Dell computer.I just reinstalled, Windows 10. On my, other computer.The initial steps, you go through.Let's connect, to a network. Etc.Everything, went fine. Until I got, to birthdate.At the top of the...
  4. This is incredible . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Incredibly Annoying Audio Issue with Windows 10??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incredibly Annoying Audio Issue with Windows 10??: I ordered a custom built gaming PC last month and ever since it arrived it's been having this annoying audio issue. I also have a laptop that I purchased at the beginning of this year that has the exact same problem. The audio doesn't feel right, it doesn't feel balanced like...
  6. So... Lately I have had 2 incredibly annoying problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    So... Lately I have had 2 incredibly annoying problems: One of them is when I right-click on the desktop screen, my computer crashes and reloads... But then the taskbar becomes broken. When this happens, apps on taskbars don't show, I cant search, click on wifi or tablet mode, and even the windows key does not work. My second...
  7. This is incredible . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    This is incredible . . .: I'm running Windows 10 Pro. I use Yahoo for my email. Now all of a sudden, I have no idea why. When I, click on the Yahoo icon, it opens a box, that shows browsers. So, I pick one and I get to my Yahoo mail. But, every time I click on the icon, it goes thru the same thing?...
  8. This is incredible . . .

This is incredible . . .: I'm running Windows 10 Pro. I use Yahoo for my email. Now all of a sudden, I have no idea why. When I, click on the Yahoo icon, it opens a box, that shows browsers. So, I pick one and I get to my Yahoo mail. But, every time I click on the icon, it goes thru the same thing?...
  9. In Win10 Home taskbar randomly resizes and is incredibly annoying - What's the fix?

In Win10 Home taskbar randomly resizes and is incredibly annoying - What's the fix?: I found "fix" threads, which include registry modifications and use of the local group policy editor (doesn't exist in Home edition). Cryptic. So what's the fix? Is it an acknowledged bug?...
  10. Annoying Windows 10 Lag Spikes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Annoying Windows 10 Lag Spikes: Hello. I have recently encountered weird problems with Windows 10, such as not being able to adjust the brightness (upon booting up, the brightness is either 0% or 100%), and sudden lag spikes that affect FPS by dropping it to 0 for 1-2 seconds, every 3 seconds. I have...