Windows 10: Independent Confusion

Discus and support Independent Confusion in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Independent ran a news item this morning on the pricing of W10. The following got my attention.... ..... .Normal Windows 7 and Windows 8 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tabvla, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Tabvla Win User

Independent Confusion

The Independent ran a news item this morning on the pricing of W10. The following got my attention....

"..... and business ....."...??? What business?

My understanding is that if an organisation (small/medium business, education institution, charity.....) owns computers that run genuine W7, W8, W8.1 they will be as eligible as any other user to the free upgrade. Microsoft has made it very clear that the only versions that are not eligible for the free upgrade are all those preceding W7 and the Enterprise and RT versions from W7 onwards.

If my understanding is incorrect could someone please enlighten me. My clients are all those mentioned above so I need to be absolutely clear and correct in my answer when asked this question.

Link to the Independent : http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-10339562.html

T.

:)

Tabvla, Jun 23, 2015
  2. Alan B Win User

Why does Microsoft keep closing my daughter's account?

Yes, I guess that's true. But a lot of people find it confusing that they have, say, a gmail address with one password that is also linked to a Microsoft account that has an independent password.

Alan B, Jun 23, 2015
  3. Nokia Lumia 510 Ringer volume issue

Hello Amruta_Jadhav

Thanks for visiting the Answers forum.

Currently, volume settings for music playback and ringtones are not mutually exclusive. Essentially, the volume control is controlling the volume settings for all aspects of the device, and select applications are not able to be independently controlled.

I hope this helps clear some confusion.

Cheers,

Matthew N., Jun 23, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Independent Confusion

They're referring to the Enterprise edition of WIn10 and not the Pro/Home.

BunnyJ, Jun 23, 2015
  5. Tabvla Win User
    Thanks for confirming that my understanding is correct.

One would have thought that a professional journalist could write in a manner that was not confusing.

T.

Tabvla, Jun 23, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    That piece is a classic example of lazy journalism. Awful piece.

Boozad, Jun 23, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    If your Pro version of Windows 7/8/8.1 is joined to a domain, you won't get the free upgrade automatically. I'm not sure if the free upgrade will work even if you use the ISO if you're joined. However, you could always unjoin, perform the upgrade, then re-join to the domain.

We don't know what the license will say about this yet, since the terms have not yet been released.

If you simply have Windows Home/Core/Standard or Pro running as a workgroup, then you should be eligible.

Mystere, Jun 23, 2015
  8. Tabvla Win User

Independent Confusion

The following was posted by Andre Da Costa (MVP and Moderator) in the Microsoft Community....

T.

Tabvla, Jun 25, 2015
  9. Mystere Win User
    That's still speculation as well, note the "likely to" and what not. The point is, we don't know for sure how this is going to work.

Mystere, Jun 25, 2015
  10. Tabvla Win User
    Agreed..... ..... I am starting to think that a nice vacation on a sandy beach with blue skies and puffy white clouds would be a far more preferable way to spend the Summer....*Smile

T.

Tabvla, Jun 25, 2015
  11. linw Win User
    Sounds good. Where did you have in mind? Not NZ as it is winter here!

Thema:

Independent Confusion

1. Independent Confusion - Similar Threads - Independent Confusion

2. Gpedit.msc Missing Reported On Feb. 2, 2023 @Zadee C. Independent Advisor, I Am Grateful.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gpedit.msc Missing Reported On Feb. 2, 2023 @Zadee C. Independent Advisor, I Am Grateful.: I Found Your Reply Today Feb. 10, 2024 A Year & 8 Days Later It Works In Windows 11 Home. I Followed Your Tutorial Exactly As You Perfectly Described & That's Why It Worked For Me. Thank Very Much. Here's A Screenshot To Prove It. Thanks Again 2 Thumbs Up....
  3. Gpedit.msc Missing Reported On Feb. 2, 2023 @Zadee C. Independent Advisor, I Am Grateful.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gpedit.msc Missing Reported On Feb. 2, 2023 @Zadee C. Independent Advisor, I Am Grateful.: I Found Your Reply Today Feb. 10, 2024 A Year & 8 Days Later It Works In Windows 11 Home. I Followed Your Tutorial Exactly As You Perfectly Described & That's Why It Worked For Me. Thank Very Much. Here's A Screenshot To Prove It. Thanks Again 2 Thumbs Up....
  4. Adjusting screensaver sound independently from other applications or settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjusting screensaver sound independently from other applications or settings: I know that what i am writing might not be a question but because i could not reply to a question similar to mine , i wanted to be as helpful as possible to the ones that may face the same as problem as i did. First things first the type of screensaver that i am referring to...
  5. Adjusting screensaver sound independently from other applications or settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjusting screensaver sound independently from other applications or settings: I know that what i am writing might not be a question but because i could not reply to a question similar to mine , i wanted to be as helpful as possible to the ones that may face the same as problem as i did. First things first the type of screensaver that i am referring to...
  6. Adjusting screensaver sound independently from other applications or settings

7. Install windows 10 on 2 ssd and be able to boot independently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install windows 10 on 2 ssd and be able to boot independently: I have 2 ssd’s that I would like to install windows 10 pro on and boot independently, same computer, with only one ssd plugged in at a time. I successfully installed windows 10 pro on the first ssd and it works great .After, I unplugged the first ssd and plugged in the second...
  8. Install windows 10 on 2 ssd and be able to boot independently

Install windows 10 on 2 ssd and be able to boot independently: I have 2 ssd’s that I would like to install windows 10 pro on and boot independently, same computer, with only one ssd plugged in at a time. I successfully installed windows 10 pro on the first ssd and it works great .After, I unplugged the first ssd and plugged in the second...
  9. Install windows 10 on 2 ssd and be able to boot independently

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How could I get two independent windows10 OSs in one PC

How could I get two independent windows10 OSs in one PC: Hi!I want to install two windows10 OS in one PC and let them work independently. I was both using a 500GB SSDwith windows11 OS installed and one 1TB HDD no OS, just as a storage for SSD. I have to OS right now, one windows10 OS and one windows11 OS. I want to let these two...