Windows 10: Independent V Desktops on Multiple Monitors

Discus and support Independent V Desktops on Multiple Monitors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know if you can have 2 monitors both displaying independent virtual desktops. Example monitor 1 displaying virtual desktop 1 and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcipps, Jul 31, 2015.

1. tcipps Win User

Independent V Desktops on Multiple Monitors

Does anyone know if you can have 2 monitors both displaying independent virtual desktops.

Example monitor 1 displaying virtual desktop 1 and then monitor 2 displaying virtual desktop 2.

Thank you

:)

tcipps, Jul 31, 2015

2. Multiple Desktops on Multiple Monitors

<confusion>

zachd [MSFT], Jul 31, 2015
  3. Multiple Desktops on Multiple Monitors

Exactly what divides Mac OS and Windows when using multiple desktops. I thought it would be obvious that we woud want to change desktops only in one monitor rather than in all of them, like Mac OS does. I'm looking forward to hearing a reasonable answer
    about this. This is a very annoying thing, keeping me from moving from a macbook pro to a Windows build.

alexSoaresTX, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Not with TaskView. You might be able to find a third party tool, but I haven't really heard of any.

Mystere, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Independent V Desktops on Multiple Monitors - Similar Threads - Independent Desktops Multiple

2. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple monitors: Can do I set up 2 external monitors on a laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-monitors/69e805c9-758f-485d-a74b-e316dddb9b8d
  3. virtual desktop as multiple monitor

virtual desktop as multiple monitor: Hi, my workspace use 6 display monitor from 1 PC - 1 monitor for main PC display - 5 monitor for business-related display (opening browser on different pages) - 1 PC (i5 7th gen, windows 10 pro) Those 5 displays are extended via HDMI splitter. My problem is moving...
  4. Multiple Monitors

Multiple Monitors: I have a surface book 2 with W10 64b and I want to extend to THREE monitors. How can I do that??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-monitors/65828d3f-82cf-4670-ba98-8538274832a9
  5. multiple monitors

multiple monitors: How can I set up three monitors on w10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-monitors/32f26e7d-21c9-484d-b332-d25f7891a031
  6. multiple monitors

multiple monitors: I am at my wits end with the behavior of my system in the multiple monitor mode. NOTHING follows the same procedure when two monitors are connected. When the screen saver starts, the image skews towards the other monitor. The monitor that's chosen as the "main" monitor, has...
  7. Remote desktop and multiple monitors in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop and multiple monitors in Windows 10: In common with many others I was horrified to find that Windows 7 pro, which advertised support for RDP, did not support multiple monitors. I needed Ultimate for that. What's the story in Windows 10? Can I use RDP with multiple monitors in Windows 10 pro? And can I connect...
  8. Dual monitor - Create independent screens.

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual monitor - Create independent screens.: [Monitor 1] [Monitor 2] {Taskbar 1} {Taskbar 2} I want to have it so if I open Chrome is Taskbar 1, it'll open on Monitor 1... and same with Taskbar 2 on Monitor 2. Right now, they all open on Monitor 2 (primary). Any ideas how to make it if I click on an icon on T1...
  9. Multiple monitors, Windows sends desktop icons to random monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple monitors, Windows sends desktop icons to random monitor: Hi there, I'm running Windows 10 Pro on my home desktop. I've got 3 monitors setup, two normal, and one TV via a USB video card with HDMI output. My monitors are laid out as |3| |1| |2| with 1 being the primary 21 inch, 2 being a second 21 inch, and 3 being the TV....
  10. multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    multiple monitors: Is there a way to make certain programs only open up on a certain monitor in Windows 10? Right now I am using 2 monitors for programs and a TV to run Netflix app, etc. 14378