Windows 10: Independent V Desktops on Multiple Monitors

Discus and support Independent V Desktops on Multiple Monitors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know if you can have 2 monitors both displaying independent virtual desktops. Example monitor 1 displaying virtual desktop 1 and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcipps, Jul 31, 2015.

1. tcipps Win User

Independent V Desktops on Multiple Monitors

Does anyone know if you can have 2 monitors both displaying independent virtual desktops.

Example monitor 1 displaying virtual desktop 1 and then monitor 2 displaying virtual desktop 2.

Thank you

:)

tcipps, Jul 31, 2015

2. Multiple Desktops on Multiple Monitors

<confusion>

zachd [MSFT], Jul 31, 2015
  3. Multiple Desktops on Multiple Monitors

Exactly what divides Mac OS and Windows when using multiple desktops. I thought it would be obvious that we woud want to change desktops only in one monitor rather than in all of them, like Mac OS does. I'm looking forward to hearing a reasonable answer
    about this. This is a very annoying thing, keeping me from moving from a macbook pro to a Windows build.

alexSoaresTX, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Not with TaskView. You might be able to find a third party tool, but I haven't really heard of any.

Mystere, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Independent V Desktops on Multiple Monitors - Similar Threads - Independent Desktops Multiple

2. Independent Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Independent Monitors: I have two monitors set up and working. My issue is that the monitors show the same desktop, albeit spread across both screens. My objective is to have a separate desktop on each monitor that work independently of each other. How do I achieve this in Windows 10?...
  3. Independent Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Independent Monitors: I have two monitors set up and working. My issue is that the monitors show the same desktop, albeit spread across both screens. My objective is to have a separate desktop on each monitor that work independently of each other. How do I achieve this in Windows 10?...
  4. Independent Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Independent Virtua Desktops on Multiple Monitors

Independent Virtua Desktops on Multiple Monitors: Is it possible to have independent virtual desktops on different monitors of a multi-monitor system. For example on monitor 1 show virtual desktop 1 and on monitor 2 show virtual desktop 2? Currently if I switch to virtual desktop 1 on monitor 2 it also switches monitor 1 to...
  6. Independent Virtua Desktops on Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Independent Virtua Desktops on Multiple Monitors: Is it possible to have independent virtual desktops on different monitors of a multi-monitor system. For example on monitor 1 show virtual desktop 1 and on monitor 2 show virtual desktop 2? Currently if I switch to virtual desktop 1 on monitor 2 it also switches monitor 1 to...
  7. Independent Virtua Desktops on Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Hyper-V Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hyper-V Multiple monitors: Hello to AllMy setup is the following. One private laptop and one business laptop. They are sharing two27 inch monitors, keyboard and mouse over a StarTech switchable docking station. When using my business laptop I would like to split the display of the VM over the two 27...
  9. Switch virtual desktops independently on multiple monitors

Switch virtual desktops independently on multiple monitors: I was delighted to find Windows now has Virtual Desktops which I love. I like having all my work windows on one desktop and then any personal browsing and messaging applications on another. However and this is my use case I work on two monitors with my IDE Development...
  10. Possible to have independent desktops for each display when using multiple monitors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to have independent desktops for each display when using multiple monitors?: So I understand how virtual desktops work in Windows 10, but that's not the solution I'm looking for. Basically, I have two monitors: a 27" 1440p gaming monitor and a 40" 1080p TV. I'd like to have completely separate desktops for each display (i.e. no drag and drop or shared...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i set up independent desktops all connected to 1 pc

2. windows 10 independent desktops dual monitors

3. windows multiple screens independent desktops