Windows 10: index Documents on NAS

Discus and support index Documents on NAS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The folder 'My Documents' is on my Nas-server. How can I index this folder. In windows 7 I used Library Tool, in my opinion it is not working on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ronhoo, Jul 29, 2015.

1. ronhoo Win User

index Documents on NAS

The folder 'My Documents' is on my Nas-server.
    How can I index this folder.

In windows 7 I used Library Tool, in my opinion it is not working on W10

:)

ronhoo, Jul 29, 2015

2. How to add NAS shared folders to Win10 Library

Thanks for the reply, but the NAS already appears in Network places.

The question is How to add NAS folders (pictures, music, documents) to a Win10
    Library.

The Library reports that it cannot add files because they are not indexed.

Thank you.

boundangle, Jul 29, 2015
  3. SEARCH Win 10

If you go to the folder on the NAS, right-click and choose "Include in library", it should become indexed (anything in libraries are indexed by default if they can be). Although the indexing restrictions from Windows Vista/7 still apply.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

index Documents on NAS

1. index Documents on NAS - Similar Threads - index Documents NAS

2. Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,,...: Last week onwards, I looked for the screenshot below. Restarted many times but there was no result.Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,, and restart the Windows search services in the Services.msc.I have done the following...
  3. How do I add NAS to index?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I add NAS to index?: Added NAS 3 weeks ago and moved gigs of files there. Searching in that new directory yeilds nothingHow do I add NAS to indexing? network does not show as search target....
  4. How do I add NAS to index?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add NAS to index?: Added NAS 3 weeks ago and moved gigs of files there. Searching in that new directory yeilds nothingHow do I add NAS to indexing? network does not show as search target....
  5. Windows 11 not indexing Word documents--but is indexing other file types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not indexing Word documents--but is indexing other file types: When I search for a file from Windows explorer and look for a word inside of documents, it will find pdf, txt, xlsx, etc. but not docx or doc. I tried rebuilding and moving the index. I tried "$manifest = Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore.InstallLocation +...
  6. Problem Indexing NAS Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem Indexing NAS Drive in Windows 10: Does anyone know how to Index a network drive in Windows 10? I cannot get the network drive location to show up in the Indexing Options. FYI: I'm looking for a solution that does not require me to store the NAS contents locally. Thank you to anyone who may be able and...
  7. Add a NAS location to Windows 10 Index

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add a NAS location to Windows 10 Index: I want my network folder to be indexed by Windows. I am using Siemens Solid Edge 2020 with Solid Edge Data Management [SEDM] which needs Windows Indexing to work properly. We work on 2 separate PC's and store our drawingdata on a Synology 218+ NAS. This way we have acces to...
  8. documents folder in index

documents folder in index: what does a red x mean when attached to a documents folder in the index https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-folder-in-index/93395550-ca04-41d3-982d-5e1f89fbf8c5"
  9. Index NAS

Index NAS: I saved all my documents on my NAS. How can I index them 20921
  10. Windows 10 Add NAS locations to search index

Windows 10 Add NAS locations to search index: Hmm. Am I the only one thinking this would we a nice thing? I seem to be unable to add any UNC/NAS drive location to the Windows Search Index. I read only in previous 32bit versions there was an "Add UNC Path" tab within the index applet but not for 64bit. What gives? Do we...