Windows 10: Index Mapped Drives?

Discus and support Index Mapped Drives? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can Windows 10 finally index mapped/network drives? 7546 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Makall, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Makall Win User

Index Mapped Drives?

Can Windows 10 finally index mapped/network drives?

:)

Makall, Jun 29, 2015

2. Ovi maps still needs connection with GPRS

It may be that you werent able to download the offline index for spanish maps. This comes with the maps of the countries. However if you download only parts of countries often times there may be mistakes in the data "fragmenting" and the index isnt included,
    although indexes are almost always included if you download whole country maps.

chanchan05, Jun 29, 2015
  3. Navigation and offline mode?

When you downloaded the maps, did you let the download completely finish? Two files need to be downloaded - the map itself and the index file for the map. Some people have been quitting the map loader after the map has been downloaded without realizing that
    the index file had not finished installing. If this is the case you will get no results with offline searches.

OzRob---01, Jun 29, 2015
Thema:

Index Mapped Drives?

1. Index Mapped Drives? - Similar Threads - Index Mapped Drives

2. Indexing does not index boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing does not index boot drive: I have a boot drive and a backup drive cloned from the boot drive for emergencies. Indexing only finds the backup drive, which is overwritten by the clone program's boot drive backup weekly. If I modify indexing settings to index only the C boot drive, the backup H drive is...
  3. Indexing does not index boot drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing does not index boot drive: I have a boot drive and a backup drive cloned from the boot drive for emergencies. Indexing only finds the backup drive, which is overwritten by the clone program's boot drive backup weekly. If I modify indexing settings to index only the C boot drive, the backup H drive is...
  4. Indexing does not index boot drive

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How disable file indexing on a mapped drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How disable file indexing on a mapped drive?: When I disable indexing with the check box in properties of the mapped drive it enables again shortly after. How can I make it permanent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-disable-file-indexing-on-a-mapped-drive/4eb897b2-aca4-433f-aad8-412917627f26
  6. How disable file indexing on a mapped drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How disable file indexing on a mapped drive?: When I disable indexing with the check box in properties of the mapped drive it enables again shortly after. How can I make it permanent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-disable-file-indexing-on-a-mapped-drive/4eb897b2-aca4-433f-aad8-412917627f26
  7. mapping/mapped drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mapping/mapped drives: I have a Windows 10 Pro fully updated computer that has three folders on a second drive not the boot drive. I created three usernames/passwords on this computer and gave rights to each user for each folder. When I go to any one of the computers 8-10 on the network workgroup I...
  8. Search Box Index Mapped Network Drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Box Index Mapped Network Drives: Is it possible to be able to search mapped network drives in the search box? When I go to the indexing options I don't see it being an option. I rebuilt the search index already, too! I'd appreciate some type of solution! It'd be very useful to me. Thanks! submitted by...
  9. mapping drives

mapping drives: a mapped fileon a nas does not appear in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapping-drives/3a64c372-5ac3-48ff-a979-859635f00820"
  10. Mapped Drive

Mapped Drive: Hello, I have two mapped network drives, one is 1 tb, the other is 10tb. The issue is that when I go into This PC in the file explorer, windows shows that they have 87.7mb free of 92.9mb. This is true for all drives mapped, no matter the size or what is on them. This...