Windows 10: Index NAS

Discus and support Index NAS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I saved all my documents on my NAS. How can I index them 20921 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ronhoo, Sep 2, 2015.

1. ronhoo Win User

Index NAS

I saved all my documents on my NAS.
    How can I index them

:)

ronhoo, Sep 2, 2015

2. SEARCH Win 10

If you go to the folder on the NAS, right-click and choose "Include in library", it should become indexed (anything in libraries are indexed by default if they can be). Although the indexing restrictions from Windows Vista/7 still apply.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 2, 2015
  3. SEARCH Win 10

How to index Files on a NAS in order to view them with the search button (WIN 10 Home)

Christian_1944, Sep 2, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Index NAS

Indexing Options > Modify and add your mapped drive.

lx07, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

Index NAS

1. Index NAS - Similar Threads - Index NAS

2. Microsoft Photos not indexing second shared folder on same nas

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos not indexing second shared folder on same nas: Hi, I have a Linux NAS where I share two folders, they are both mapped to Windows 10 22H2 and both perfectly visible and usable from File Explorer.I added the first one to Microsoft Photos say \\my-server\folder-A\Images and all worked fine.Then I added the second folder say...
  3. Microsoft Photos not indexing second shared folder on same nas

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos not indexing second shared folder on same nas: Hi, I have a Linux NAS where I share two folders, they are both mapped to Windows 10 22H2 and both perfectly visible and usable from File Explorer.I added the first one to Microsoft Photos say \\my-server\folder-A\Images and all worked fine.Then I added the second folder say...
  4. How do I add NAS to index?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I add NAS to index?: Added NAS 3 weeks ago and moved gigs of files there. Searching in that new directory yeilds nothingHow do I add NAS to indexing? network does not show as search target....
  5. How do I add NAS to index?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add NAS to index?: Added NAS 3 weeks ago and moved gigs of files there. Searching in that new directory yeilds nothingHow do I add NAS to indexing? network does not show as search target....
  6. Problem Indexing NAS Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem Indexing NAS Drive in Windows 10: Does anyone know how to Index a network drive in Windows 10? I cannot get the network drive location to show up in the Indexing Options. FYI: I'm looking for a solution that does not require me to store the NAS contents locally. Thank you to anyone who may be able and...
  7. Add a NAS location to Windows 10 Index

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add a NAS location to Windows 10 Index: I want my network folder to be indexed by Windows. I am using Siemens Solid Edge 2020 with Solid Edge Data Management [SEDM] which needs Windows Indexing to work properly. We work on 2 separate PC's and store our drawingdata on a Synology 218+ NAS. This way we have acces to...
  8. PDF opened from NAS returns index of parent folder

PDF opened from NAS returns index of parent folder: Hi all, Lately, when I open a PDF file stored on my NAS, Chrome (the default browser) responds with an index of the parent folder as shown in attached screenshot. The same file opened from a local disk (ie not a mapped drive) opens correctly, in Chrome. Any idea why...
  9. index Documents on NAS

index Documents on NAS: The folder 'My Documents' is on my Nas-server. How can I index this folder. In windows 7 I used Library Tool, in my opinion it is not working on W10 9615
  10. Windows 10 Add NAS locations to search index

Windows 10 Add NAS locations to search index: Hmm. Am I the only one thinking this would we a nice thing? I seem to be unable to add any UNC/NAS drive location to the Windows Search Index. I read only in previous 32bit versions there was an "Add UNC Path" tab within the index applet but not for 64bit. What gives? Do we...