Windows 10: Indexing not working in Windows 10 even though it is enabled

Discus and support Indexing not working in Windows 10 even though it is enabled in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, so my computer has run into its first major issue and that is that the indexing feature is no longer working and I can't use the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AshleyBenton, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Indexing not working in Windows 10 even though it is enabled

Hey guys, so my computer has run into its first major issue and that is that the indexing feature is no longer working and I can't use the Windows search bar to search for anything anymore *Sad

I looked at the "Indexing Options" but I can't even see any folders in there and when I try to search for something in "This PC" the loading bar will load 99% of the way and then just stop.

This has been going on for about a few days now and I've ran out of ideas on how to fix it. Indexing is on, but it doesn't seem to do anything at all..

I've attached pics below to help you guys understand the issue.

Thank you! Indexing not working in Windows 10 even though it is enabled :)

https://gyazo.com/25c74796beed3ef0f190fcd6673eb6f8

https://gyazo.com/ceaccbab24e6eb7404fa3961b536a6ea

https://gyazo.com/f03805b5388d152a45052b145f484840

https://gyazo.com/1ee72728545bdac805b187cf5741eae5

https://gyazo.com/b2fb443ff55c66b8a09692c040bdf60a

:)

AshleyBenton, Aug 26, 2018

2. Indexing is not working

Hi Doc,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

This issue may occur due to corrupt Windows search files or settings. I suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

• Click troubleshooting in the search results.

• Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

• Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Check if Indexing and Windows Search services are enabled. If not, enable them, if they are already enabled, then disable Windows Search Service and then enable again and restart.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type services in the run box, go to the Windows search services and restart them.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Aug 26, 2018
  3. Indexing does not seem to be working after Windows 10 upgrade?

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• From the list of services, locate the
      Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.

• Right click on the Windows
      Serach Service and then click on
      Properties.

• Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.

• Follow the same steps to start the
      Bluetooth service and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Ganesh Achar B, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Indexing not working in Windows 10 even though it is enabled

Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

Indexing not working in Windows 10 even though it is enabled

1. Indexing not working in Windows 10 even though it is enabled - Similar Threads - Indexing working though

2. Unable to start Windows Subsystem for Android even though virtualization is enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to start Windows Subsystem for Android even though virtualization is enabled: I'm trying to use WSA but windows won't let me. My computer is a HP 17 Laptop PC 17-c2000 4V792AV https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-start-windows-subsystem-for-android-even/6a70e08d-2241-49a5-9088-fae9c9a15e9e
  3. Pin not working even though it’s correct

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin not working even though it’s correct: I literally have finals in a day and I need my laptop because all my studies are in it but suddenly my pin isn’t working!! I’m 100% it’s correct but it’s not working and my fingerprint doesn’t recognize my print anymore but I haven’t used it in like a year and I forgot my...
  4. Pin not working even though it’s correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin not working even though it’s correct: I literally have finals in a day and I need my laptop because all my studies are in it but suddenly my pin isn’t working!! I’m 100% it’s correct but it’s not working and my fingerprint doesn’t recognize my print anymore but I haven’t used it in like a year and I forgot my...
  5. Pin not working even though it’s correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows Search is white even though I have darkmode enabled.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search is white even though I have darkmode enabled.: Version number: 19043.928 For some reason Windows Search is in white mode even though I have dark mode enabled. I've tried disabling/enabling dark mode aswell as restarting a couple times. To add, this is on a fresh install of W10. Any ideas on how to solve this? 182332
  7. Headphone not working even though it is detected by windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone not working even though it is detected by windows 10: Hi I'm using windows 10 64-bit and 1 year old Asus gaming Laptop model GL704GV My 3.5 mm audio Jack headphone suddenly stopped making sound yesterday even though windows 10 still detect it. I tried many other headphones and same problem. WIndows detect that there is...
  8. Headphone not working even though it is dected by windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone not working even though it is dected by windows 10: Hi I'm using windows 10 64-bit and 1 year old Asus gaming Laptop model GL704GV My 3.5 mm audio Jack headphone suddenly stopped making sound yesterday even though windows 10 still detect it. I tried many other headphones and same problem. WIndows detect that there is...
  9. Audio not working, even though WIndows sees it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio not working, even though WIndows sees it.: SO I just recently got a new motherboard, installed all of the new drivers for it, but I have a huge problem. Im getting ZERO sound, and my microphone is not putting in any sound. I use the rear jacks that are on the motherboard, if that clears any confusion. When I go...
  10. Indexer Backoff - Enable or Disable in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Indexer Backoff - Enable or Disable in Windows 10?: Is there a way to do this in windows 10? Indexer Backoff - Enable or Disable in Windows 7 - Windows 7 Help Forums 25920

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1809 indexing not working