Windows 10: Indexing Options keeps reverting to default

Discus and support Indexing Options keeps reverting to default in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I have been trying to set my Windows 10 Home 64-bit computer to index only the Start Menu but not anything else (such as IE Favourites,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by richardanthony, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Indexing Options keeps reverting to default

Hi all,

I have been trying to set my Windows 10 Home 64-bit computer to index only the Start Menu but not anything else (such as IE Favourites, Documents). I know exactly where all my documents are; the only time I use search is something like, I press the Win key, and type in cmd, or ccleaner, etc. So I really only need Windows to index the start menu.

However, every time after reboot, if I go into Indexing Options they will just revert back to default.

Is there a way I can make the changes stick?

Cheers,
    Richard

:)

richardanthony, Aug 21, 2015
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows 10 indexing - reset to default options

Hi, David.

To help you rebuild your Windows Index, we suggest the article that we've
    found with similar issue and see if the provided steps will work for you.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Anne Ros, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Windows 10 indexing - reset to default options

I have the same issue/question.

DT does not answer the question.

The question is simple: how do I reset the original "out of the box" locations for indexing?

David Rights, Aug 21, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

Indexing Options keeps reverting to default

Personally I just turn it all off.

5. But then, you can't search properly in the start menu. Sometimes it is quite slow if you have to scroll thought all apps and look for a program.

richardanthony, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Indexing Options keeps reverting to default

1. Indexing Options keeps reverting to default - Similar Threads - Indexing Options keeps

2. Indexing options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing options: how to reset the index settings back to factory default? In the modifying section, I have selected all the folders which give me more than the required results all the time. I am not asking how to rebuild it, but to reset only indexes. Please provide a solution. Try...
  3. Soundcard drivers keep reverting to default

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Soundcard drivers keep reverting to default: I use a Soundblaster Audigy soundcard for streaming to my own online radio station but since upgrading to windows 10 Pro from version 7 I have to keep re-installing the sound drivers for my SAM Broadcaster to pick up the microphone correctly every single time after I...
  4. File Associations Keep Reverting to Windows 10 Defaults

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Associations Keep Reverting to Windows 10 Defaults: The title says it all. If I am to believe the Internet about this matter, countless users of Windows 10 struggle with the same problem. Whatever one tweaks, whatever one does, even deep down into the registry, Windows keeps reverting to its file association defaults, for...
  5. File Associations Keep Reverting to Windows 10 Defaults

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Associations Keep Reverting to Windows 10 Defaults: The title says it all. If I am to believe the Internet about this matter, countless users of Windows 10 struggle with the same problem. Whatever one tweaks, whatever one does, even deep down into the registry, Windows keeps reverting to its file association defaults, for...
  6. Windows 10 Microphone Properties keep reverting to default.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Microphone Properties keep reverting to default.: Xbox live parties on the xbox App on my PC has loud buzzing coming from my mic, but in sound settings (test your microphone) I'm not picking any noise up. So I read that if you change your bit rate on your microphone settings it would work. But every time I change it, it...
  7. Windows keeps reverting my default apps to Windows default

Windows keeps reverting my default apps to Windows default: Hi! After latest update, Windows keeps reverting my apps to default. For example, my default music app/program is Winamp, and after a while I'll just find that it is Groove music again. It is not a huge problem, but you see how it can be irritating. Also, Windows 10 won't...
  8. Default app for htm keeps reverting to MS Edge

Default app for htm keeps reverting to MS Edge: This has been getting annoying. It's been happening several times a day, not just after an update. Anybody else seeing this? Unfortunately you can't uninstall Edge ... *Rolleyes 77001
  9. Indexing Options removed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Indexing Options removed: I have been using Windows Index search for years. I have all my data in one directory on my D:\. I have set the indexing options to include this location and some others. Recently Windows has been dropping my selections and reverting to the default locations. I have reset my...
  10. Indexing Options internals

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing Options internals: Dear friends hallo, One day I noticed that the processes responsible for indexing were taking up too much process power. I noticed that this happened because I transferred my e-book collection to my PC. Windows was trying to index the contents of these massive pdf files....