Windows 10: Infineon TPM Modules generating insecure RSA Keys

Discus and support Infineon TPM Modules generating insecure RSA Keys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; FYI... I get emails for updates for my Lenovo ThinkPad notebook. That said, I got one this morning alerting me that some Lenovo notebooks using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sygnus21, Oct 23, 2017.

1. sygnus21 Win User

Infineon TPM Modules generating insecure RSA Keys

FYI...

I get emails for updates for my Lenovo ThinkPad notebook. That said, I got one this morning alerting me that some Lenovo notebooks using Infineon TPM modules are generating insecure RSA keys - RSA Keys Generated by Infineon TPMs are Insecure

Anyway, the link above lists affected notebooks; how to check your module; how get the firmware update. You can tell the updater to check the firmware before updating. Turns out I have a STMicro module, not an Infineon so I'm good....

Infineon TPM Modules generating insecure RSA Keys [​IMG]

For those running TMP modules, you can check the model and version by typing "tpm.msc" (without quotes) in the Run command. In the center panel, near bottom you should see TPM Manufacturer Information. It should list Manufacturer Name, Manufacturer Version, and Specification Version. Infineon modules will be listed as IFX under Manufacturer Name.

Edit: Asked Brink to post in News forums. Done.

:)

sygnus21, Oct 23, 2017

2. Windows 10 update version 1703

Hi,

The Infineon Professional Package provides management functions for the Trusted Platform Module (TPM). Starting with Windows® Vista and extended in all ensuing versions of Windows (Windows 7, 8, 8.1) Microsoft has built in support for the TPM and extended
    management functions directly in Windows. The Infineon TPM Professional Package therefore is no longer required and Infineon has stopped further development and support for this product. Upgrading your Windows version to 1703 means that you need to abandon
    some software which are not compatible with the current version. What we recommend is that you remove the third party program, then install the update afterwards. kindly let us know if by removing the third party software resolves your concern.

We will be waiting for your update.

Vanessa Oca, Oct 23, 2017
  3. Nick37ZR Win User
    Windows update fails repeatedly to install 1709

I get following message:

You need to remove these apps yourself and then press REFRESH: INFINEON TPM Professional Package

I search my C Drive for Infineon and find two Infineon Folders (one in AppData/Roaming and one C:/Program Data) plus a dll file "Infineon.SecurityPlatform.Reporting"

The folders contain several subfolders and files, but none named TPM Professional package.

What should I do? Delete all Infineon folders/files? Or some of them? Which?

Then, assuming 1709 installs OK, what about Infineon TPM, will the PC remain without Infineon TPM??

Or should I ignore completely the 1709 Update? Is it essential?

Thank for any help

Cheers

Nick37ZR, Oct 23, 2017
Thema:

Infineon TPM Modules generating insecure RSA Keys

1. Infineon TPM Modules generating insecure RSA Keys - Similar Threads - Infineon TPM Modules

2. No TPM module is detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No TPM module is detected: Hello!!I am attempting to reinstall Windows 11 however I am told that I do not have TMP 2.0. To bypass that I have created the registry edit that should bypass that. That did not work. Then I checked in my BIOS to see if TPM is enabled however in the BIOS I am told that no...
  3. No TPM module is detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No TPM module is detected: Hello!!I am attempting to reinstall Windows 11 however I am told that I do not have TMP 2.0. To bypass that I have created the registry edit that should bypass that. That did not work. Then I checked in my BIOS to see if TPM is enabled however in the BIOS I am told that no...
  4. Trusted Platform Module TPM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trusted Platform Module TPM: Hello, I have a TPM in my system which is for hardware security i want to know that am i gonna lose all of my data if at all the TPM Chip fails.. pls advice on thisThanks...
  5. Adb, USB debugging, and RSA Keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adb, USB debugging, and RSA Keys: Hi! 2 days ago, my phone's screen passed away, so I coudn't controll the screen or even see it, luckly I had USB Debugging enabled and my computer saved as a safe PC (before all of this I clicked on "remember this PC" to prevent this things), well, I could access to the...
  6. Infineon tpm professional package

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infineon tpm professional package: Hi, I am failing to upgrade to Windows 10 because of Infineon tpm professional package https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/infineon-tpm-professional-package/05e7f61d-f1a0-4dde-a367-84f22919320d
  7. Infineon TPM Professional Package

Infineon TPM Professional Package: Whenever I attempt to a Windows 10 upgrade, it fails and I am instructed to remove the "Infineon TPM Professional Package" app (this is always listed twice in the dialog box). I cannot locate any Infineon app (have searched "Infineon" and "Infineon TPM"). How can I resolve...
  8. uninstall infineon tpm professional package

uninstall infineon tpm professional package: How do I uninstall Infineon TPM Professional package off of the computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/uninstall-infineon-tpm-professional-package/a723e710-f15a-4f0c-ac2e-5852dd3cd709
  9. Infineon TPM Security Vulnerablity - Is my TPM affected by this?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Infineon TPM Security Vulnerablity - Is my TPM affected by this?: Judging from the attached image of my TPM manufacturer information by going into the TPM.msc properties, is my TPM affected by the Infineon TPM chip security vulnerability? TPMupdate - Infineon Technologies ROCA: Infineon TPM and Secure Element RSA Vulnerability Guidance...
  10. RSA Keys Generated by Infineon TPMs are Insecure

in Windows 10 News
    RSA Keys Generated by Infineon TPMs are Insecure: Lenovo Security Advisory: LEN-15552 Potential Impact: RSA keys generated by the Infineon TPM using certain firmware levels are insecure Severity: Varies; None to High Scope of Impact: Industry-Wide CVE Identifier: CVE-2017-15361 Summary Description: A...