Windows 10: Infinite Flashing Blue Screen on Startup

Discus and support Infinite Flashing Blue Screen on Startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I couldn't find anyone having a similar problem and my computer is currently unusable, so I thought I would give this a try. I built a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lendo, Jan 12, 2016.

1. lendo Win User

Infinite Flashing Blue Screen on Startup

Hi all,

I couldn't find anyone having a similar problem and my computer is currently unusable, so I thought I would give this a try. I built a computer a few months ago using:

A Gigabyte Z97X Gaming G1 Motherboard
    An Intel i7 4790K CPU
    16 GB DDR4 Patriot Memory sticks
    Samsung EVO 240GB SSD
    Nvidia 256 GB Graphics card
    Corsair CX750 Power supply

I immediately bought Windows 10 for it, and for the most part the computer worked fine the last few months. Every once in a while I would get a "Driver Stopped Working but has Recovered" that messed up the Windows control bar and required a restart to fix, but that stopped happening eventually with updates. I still got BSoD's from time to time, including "faulty hardware corrupted page."

Today I got a BSoD when I was logging in called "DPC Watchdog Violation," which I had seen before I think so I figured it would just restart and be fine. However, now I cannot restart the computer, because after the Gigabyte motherboard logo, all I get is a blue screen that flashes on and off quickly. It is just a blue screen, sometimes with a dot in the middle. No matter what I cannot get past this infinite flashing screen, even in safe mode. Commands from the keyboard do nothing once I reach this screen although I can the mouse around. I can enter the special Windows control menu before getting to the flashing blue screen, but nothing has worked from there

Things I've tried:
    -Disabling restart after BSoD -- no effect
    -Restoring system image -- error, then no effect
    -Resetting Windows -- no effect (although I've lost all my applications now)
    -Removing my graphics card and plugging my monitor directly into the motherboard -- no effect
    -Updating BIOS -- no effect

Currently trying to figure out something I can do in the registry. My last option is completely redownloading Windows 10 without saving files, but I'm not confident that will work given everything else I've tried.

Please let me know if you know what this could be. As of now the new computer is completely useless.

Thanks,

:)

lendo, Jan 12, 2016

2. Windows 10 -Update-Blue screen-FAT_FILE_SYSTEM error-Booting-Infinite-loop-Recovery-Env-not-showing up

A crappy Windows 10 update killed my system, need urgent help. Today, Morning Windows 10 popped up for an update. After some 32%. It started to reboot. Thats it, booting is going on infinite loop. Windows Recovery Environment doesn't come in to picture.
    Using USB FLASH drive, it is not letting to repair. When I choose options and hit repair now, blue screen-FAT_FILE_SYSTEM error is blocking and infinite loop continues. Someone please help me.

SIBIKRISHNA P, Jan 12, 2016
  3. Blue screen error in Windows 10.

so i got a blue screen on my computer and rebooted it. after i rebooted it the acer screen comes upp it goes 5 sekonds and then it just startes over again in a infinite loop. what can i do to fix this problem?

Original title: infinite reboot

martinpettersen, Jan 12, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

lifetec, Jan 12, 2016
  5. lendo Win User
    Hi lifetec,

As I understand the Dumpfile instructions, I need to be able to access my desktop. I cannot use my computer at all right now -- Perhaps I chose the wrong forum to post in, but I do think this problem is related to the original BSoD, unless it was due to an update that occurred after restarting from the BSoD.

Thanks.

lendo, Jan 12, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please try running following tests

Infinite Flashing Blue Screen on Startup [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Infinite Flashing Blue Screen on Startup - Similar Threads - Infinite Flashing Blue

2. Infinite Blue screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite Blue screens: I kept getting blue screens when i would load up my pc, with different error codes such **** driver irql, watchdogs, drivers, ram, etc. I got tired of jus getting blue screens on my brand new pc so i took out my ram sticks and put them back in, hoping that would maybe work....
  3. Infinite Blue screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infinite Blue screens: I kept getting blue screens when i would load up my pc, with different error codes such **** driver irql, watchdogs, drivers, ram, etc. I got tired of jus getting blue screens on my brand new pc so i took out my ram sticks and put them back in, hoping that would maybe work....
  4. Blue Screen Infinite Restart Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Infinite Restart Screen: My laptop is unable to get me into the sign in screen as it shows up with a blue screen restart message "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". I tried looking for many solutions on YouTube, but I was unable to find a solution. I tried to use a System Restart Point, no use. I also tried...
  5. Blue Screen Infinite Restart Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen Infinite Restart Screen: My laptop is unable to get me into the sign in screen as it shows up with a blue screen restart message "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". I tried looking for many solutions on YouTube, but I was unable to find a solution. I tried to use a System Restart Point, no use. I also tried...
  6. Blue Screen Infinite Restart Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Red flashing screen on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red flashing screen on startup: when i turn on my PC, it says fixing and then alot of numbers and brackets and the word volume. After that it goes to the sign in page where the background is red and it keeps on flashing. Sometimes when it flashes it will switch to the password screen but it doesn't give you...
  8. Infinite Loading screen on Windows Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Infinite Loading screen on Windows Startup: I've been having this problem for quite some time now. After I upgraded my PC, new motherboard and cpu I began experiencing this issue where Windows 10 is stuck loading on bootup with no end in sight. After I let it load for a few hours, I got a Bluescreen saying "Driver...
  9. Infinite Black Screen during Startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infinite Black Screen during Startup: Hi, I have a custom built computer than i installed myself, the motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H. Upon starting up I can press the following buttons: Del: BIOS startup/Q-Flash F9: System Information F12: Boot Menu End: Q-Flash Yesterday i moved my computer...
  10. Infinite Blue Screen of Deaths

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Infinite Blue Screen of Deaths: Hi, thank you for reading. My PC is repeatedly Bluescreening. I've reinstalled Win10 on two different HDDs. Everything non-essential (such as wifi cards and second displays) has been removed from the PC. I've been using Windows Media Creation Tool to reinstall Windows. I'm...