Windows 10: Infinite loop after installing new PSU

Discus and support Infinite loop after installing new PSU in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just changed my PSU on my PC and it worked just fine yesterday. However, today I did*some cable management in my machine. When I started my system,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mandroid, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Mandroid Win User

Infinite loop after installing new PSU

I just changed my PSU on my PC and it worked just fine yesterday. However, today I did*some cable management in my machine. When I started my system, it got caught into a loop that won’t let me log into Windows. These are 2 of the images that I see while going through this loop. What do I do to get it back? Thanks!

:)

Mandroid, Mar 31, 2018
  2. GoakGoak Win User

Update, I mean downgraded, laptop to latest window 10 update and now it reboots infinitely.

Thank you. The problem is not the notifications. The problem is that it reboots infinitely after one of the "updates". I can press esc, f2, f10,and I can't even get to bios. Infinite loop rebooting.

GoakGoak, Mar 31, 2018
  3. Windows 7 upgrade to 10 failed and infinite boot loop

Windows 10 infinite boot loop after failing to upgrade from 7.

Failed at around 30% and is trying to revert OS.

It's been infinite rebooting for around an hour now.

Going through the same screens:

- Boot screen

- (Flickers through 2 different screens really fast, one is the the F8 screen)

- Windows is loading files...

- (spinny ball)

- (flashes what looks to be a cmd window)

- Attempting to recover installation...

- Restoring your previous version of Windows...

-> (Loops)

LiberisTsagalis, Mar 31, 2018
  4. f14tomcat Win User

The 2 images appear to not be there. Could be my machine, but......

If needed: *ArrowHow to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums Windows 10 Tutorials

f14tomcat, Mar 31, 2018
  5. Mandroid Win User
    I'm so sorry! I'm using my smartphone.. Here you go...
    Infinite loop after installing new PSU [​IMG]

57f72b0d0cf2b43c2585347a&utm_source

Mandroid, Mar 31, 2018
  6. Mandroid Win User
    Those are the only ones I am able to see..

Mandroid, Mar 31, 2018
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    Those are your BIOS boot screens and the automatic repair is saying it cannot find the OS or cannot boot to it, and is looping. I would imagine after 3-4 times, it just shuts down. Better re-check the cable management you did and make sure the Sata port cables are in the right slots, and snugged.. Check all other cables you may have moved or changed. Rule of thumb wih a sudden situation like this is "Go back to the last thing you did". Re-check all your work, and power back up, try again. Best I can offer right now.

f14tomcat, Mar 31, 2018
  8. Mandroid Win User

I was thinking the same thing. That's why I labeled the cables before connecting them. Let me ask you... And I know this may be silly. Is that SATA connector the exactly the same as the DVD Rom jack?

Mandroid, Mar 31, 2018
  9. JLMaloney Win User
    It sounds like you need to recheck all of the cables you moved before.

I would follow each one, remove it and replace it, make sure it is seated securely.

You might have bumped into another cable by accident and its either off or not seated correctly,
    so check all of the ones you can see and get to.

JLMaloney, Mar 31, 2018
  10. Mandroid Win User
    That's exactly what it was. Thanks for your simple yet, tremendous help!

Mandroid, Mar 31, 2018
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    You're welcome. sir! Glad to hear you're back up, and it was a simple fix. *Thumbs

f14tomcat, Mar 31, 2018
  12. Mandroid Win User
    @ JL Mahoney.. Thanks for your input !!!!

Mandroid, Mar 31, 2018
  13. JLMaloney Win User

You are welcome, I kind of repeated what the other person posted.
    Good work on your part sticking with it.

JLMaloney, Mar 31, 2018
  14. Mandroid Win User
    I appreciate that JL!!

Mandroid, Mar 31, 2018
  15. I had just put a new DVD RW drive in my second PC a little bit ago and ran into the same exact situation. Booting issues and I was going mad. Checked every wire, did not find anything loose or what not. Unplugged both hdd and dvd drives power and sata cables. Put them back and it worked. Must have 'bumped' the hdd wire when plugging up the dvd lol. The irony of both of us having the same issue today lol. *chuckle

Access Denied, Mar 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Infinite loop after installing new PSU - Similar Threads - Infinite loop installing

2. Stuck in a infinite boot installation loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in a infinite boot installation loop: I am stuck in a boot installation loop well it's really just at the part were I should be able to download it I press contnue to get to the part were I choose which hardrive partition to use to download windows on and it goes through the whole motion up until a moment were it...
  3. Windows 10 installation infinite loops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 installation infinite loops: I installed windows 10 to a usb drive.I plug the usb drive into my pc, then I go through the process of installing windows like normally. When it finished loading, my pc restarted and goes back to the begging of the installation.I’ve had try unplugging the usb when the pc...
  4. Windows 10 installation infinite loops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation infinite loops: I installed windows 10 to a usb drive.I plug the usb drive into my pc, then I go through the process of installing windows like normally. When it finished loading, my pc restarted and goes back to the begging of the installation.I’ve had try unplugging the usb when the pc...
  5. Infinite loop after reseting Win10

Infinite loop after reseting Win10: I have a Dell laptop. I used the reset option to wipe out personal files and reinstall windows. After going through each if the set up steps, basics, network, services, etc. It loops back to basics again and starts right back at choose a language. The computer does not...
  6. Black Screen & Crashing After Installing New GPU/PSU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen & Crashing After Installing New GPU/PSU: Hello, I've been dealing with this issue for the last 2 months. My previous NVIDIA 3070 with 650w PSU had no issues. I installed a new NVIDIA 3080ti with EVGA 850w PSU. While gaming on 1 monitor and having my 2nd monitor on, after some time both screens will go black, I will...
  7. BSOD after installing new GPU and PSU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD after installing new GPU and PSU: Hey guys, I just got a 3070 (msi ventus 3x OC) and a 650watt psu to power it, and replaced my old 5500xt and 500w psu. After I did that I started getting BSOD with a bunch of memory errors. I have a 16gb kit of DDR4-2400 (g.skill aegis) and a 16gb kit of DDR4-3200 (g.skill...
  8. Infinite boot loop after update

Infinite boot loop after update: My laptop got turned off during windows 10 update. Now,when I turned on, it's on a infinite boot loop saying "undoing changes made to the system" , please help me how to repair this problem....
  9. INFINITE LOOP AFTER UDATE

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    INFINITE LOOP AFTER UDATE: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Hide-On-Baguette [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxa6cm/infinite_loop_after_udate/
  10. Windows infinite install loop

Windows infinite install loop: I am trying to install windows 10 on an ssd. I created the usb windows media tool to do so andmy pc is forced to restart then i am taken back to the the initial choose language screen after restarting. Here is my boot order. What do i need to do and change to stop this...