Windows 10: Infinite loop on shutdown after updating (latest RTM build)

Discus and support Infinite loop on shutdown after updating (latest RTM build) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there after updating I find I get a message similar to this -- Please wait - Windows is performing some functions -- this happens when I shutdown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Dec 27, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Infinite loop on shutdown after updating (latest RTM build)

Hi there
    after updating I find I get a message similar to this -- Please wait - Windows is performing some functions -- this happens when I shutdown the computer.

However the process goes on indefinitely (i.e doesn't complete) until I forceably switch off the machine. I've waited over 30 mins just to check that windows could be doing a major update or something so it wasn't me with itchy fingers.

Only happened since upgrade to Pro version 1511 from previous build 10240.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 27, 2015
  2. hevad2 Win User

I have issues with startscreen/edge/cortana after logging in to Windows 10

none of the steps solved the issue and when I got into msconfig and started in safe mode it I now in n infinite loop I have no ide how to break, even after shutdown it go's back to the loop.

hevad2, Dec 27, 2015
  3. Biswas87 Win User
    Shutdown/Restart/Sleep issue

Hi I am using Windows 10 Pro build 10586 in Asus Laptop. The Laptop was running fine with Windows 8.1, but post upgrade to Windows 10 I am facing issues with shutdown/restart/ sleep. When I do the Shutdown, the laptop says Shutting down and the Display
    goes OFF, but the power LED still glows for infinite. I kept the laptop on that condition assuming it may take some time to shut down, but no matter how many hours I keep, result is the same. The same happens with Restart/Sleep. Sometime if I chose to Restart,
    it shuts down and I have to start manually. I am extremely disappointed with the upgrade. It seems the CPU goes for an infinite loop. Even I installed the latest drivers, but no impact. Some says it has issues with the drivers, some says with OS. I am puzzled
    and need a permanent solution for the same. Because I can't bear the pain of turning OFF my laptop with Hard press of POWER BUTTON. Please help me fixing the issue. To your knowledge I am using the latest Build as mentioned with the all the latest updates
    as per the availability. Please help me.

Biswas87, Dec 27, 2015
Thema:

Infinite loop on shutdown after updating (latest RTM build)

1. Infinite loop on shutdown after updating (latest RTM build) - Similar Threads - Infinite loop shutdown

2. infinite looping of this update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    infinite looping of this update: I have Windows 10 and im using this PC for 2 years now. Before I dont have issues with Windows 10 update just today. I run the update and it will reach 100 percent and will go back to 0 again. I keep doing this for an hour now....
  3. infinite looping of this update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    infinite looping of this update: I have Windows 10 and im using this PC for 2 years now. Before I dont have issues with Windows 10 update just today. I run the update and it will reach 100 percent and will go back to 0 again. I keep doing this for an hour now....
  4. infinite looping of this update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Infinite Boot loop after 'install updates and shutdown' Windows 10

Infinite Boot loop after 'install updates and shutdown' Windows 10: At the end of a normal day I stop wotking and select 'install updates and shutdown' and my desktop enters an infinite boot loop with stop code 'PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA'. System has never shown any error message or ptoblem before. I have no clue what update was being...
  6. Infinite Shutdown Loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Infinite Shutdown Loop: I don’t know if this is a bug but sometimes (it’s very rare that this happens to me) the shut down button doesn’t work. The funny thing is whenever this happens, ctrl alt delete doesn’t work either so the only way to shut down Windows at this point is to just shut it down...
  7. Infinite boot loop after update

Infinite boot loop after update: My laptop got turned off during windows 10 update. Now,when I turned on, it's on a infinite boot loop saying "undoing changes made to the system" , please help me how to repair this problem....
  8. INFINITE LOOP AFTER UDATE

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    INFINITE LOOP AFTER UDATE: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Hide-On-Baguette [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxa6cm/infinite_loop_after_udate/
  9. Black screen and infinite reboot loop after the latest Windows Update

Black screen and infinite reboot loop after the latest Windows Update: After the latest Windows Update I get a black screen. There is no splash logo or anything - the screen is completely black at all times. When powered on the computer starts up, then I can hear after 17 seconds (I timed it) that it reboots, and the process repeats endlessly....
  10. Probem of "Infinite loop update"

Probem of "Infinite loop update": In these three months, I found that my computer always 'loop' the same update everyday (e.g KB4457128>KB4457128>KB4457128>…. or KB4343909>KB4457128>KB4457128). May I ask that how to solve this problem. It is quite annoying as the windows 'run' too 'slow' when the update is in...