Windows 10: Informal poll on "clean" Windows 10.

Discus and support Informal poll on "clean" Windows 10. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I get a little frustrated with Windows 10 changing my associations and worse when it updates. I have been wishing for a "clean" OS-only version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobad, Jun 5, 2017.

1. bobad Win User

Informal poll on "clean" Windows 10.

Hi,

I get a little frustrated with Windows 10 changing my associations and worse when it updates. I have been wishing for a "clean" OS-only version for years. Just wondering how you guys feel about it.

Here's the question:

If all stores in your area sold Windows 10 Pro for US$100, how much would you pay for a clean OS-only version? Would you pay more, or less for a version with no browser, media player, AV, etc etc etc etc?

Me, $125

Cheers,

Bob A.

:)

bobad, Jun 5, 2017
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Jun 5, 2017
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Jun 5, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

I would simply get annoyed at the unjustifiable pricing policy that makes things so cheap in US but screws the rest of the world.

cereberus, Jun 5, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    LOL

cereberus, Jun 5, 2017
  6. I remember paying $40 for Win8; so, I would consider $50 a reasonable price for Win10.

Mark Phelps, Jun 5, 2017
  7. Windows 10 Without the Cruft: Windows 10 LTSB (Long Term Servicing Branch), Explained

TairikuOkami, Jun 6, 2017
  8. Informal poll on "clean" Windows 10.

Hi,
    Now the clean versions are only available if one lives in the Europe region so quite expensive *Smile

It's either that or rent win-10 which is a yearly or monthly rate I forget
    Lastly the education version which might come free if one goes to a school that provides it.;
    Otherwise it is not unreasonable to pay 200.us for 10 pro version without all the added intrusions imho
    Problem is MS doesn't see things that way with the intrusions well free is what they give pretty much why 10 is just something to fart around with a little and reboot to win-7 when done *Tongue

ThrashZone, Jun 6, 2017
  9. bobad Win User
    Would you pay more for the current version, or a fictitional clean version?

bobad, Jun 6, 2017
  10. bobad Win User
    I know, I know, but the poll has only 2 choices. *chuckle Which is more appealing/valuable to you, the current version, or a clean, OS - only version, and what you would pay?

bobad, Jun 6, 2017
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    No, I would not pay extra. I install standard Windows 10 Pro, uninstall everything it will let me uninstall that I don't want, unpin the rest from the start screen and I'm very happy.

NavyLCDR, Jun 6, 2017
  12. clam1952 Win User
    Would not pay extra as it takes me a few minutes to remove what I don't want.

clam1952, Jun 6, 2017
  13. Informal poll on "clean" Windows 10.

Likewise. The excess baggage can be removed or ignored.
    I have more excess baggage in my attic than on my computer. Both are simply ignored.

margrave55, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Informal poll on "clean" Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Informal poll clean

2. Edit a GroupMe poll?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edit a GroupMe poll?: Hi everyone,Getting super frustrated trying to find a way to edit a GroupMe poll which I created without deleting it and starting over. I have typos in the poll and also need to switch it to "public" so I can see who's voting for what. Thank you!* Moved from Community Center...
  3. rewards poll malfunction

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    rewards poll malfunction: Doing today's set and when I click on the poll, it takes me to one that has already expired. I clicked on "next poll", answered that one, but the rewards site is not giving me credit for completing it. How do I fix this so I don't lose my current streak? Thanks....
  4. Poll questions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Poll questions: How can I answer a question about a company I do not use and never have used? At least you should provide an N/A spot to respond. Today there is a question about Sprint. This is an exampIe of a question I could not answer. I tried to bypass the question but couldn't....
  5. Windows 10 release information

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 release information: Feature updates for Windows 10 are released twice a year, targeting March and September, via the Semi-Annual Channel (SAC) and will be serviced with monthly quality updates for 18 months from the date of the release. We recommend that you begin deployment of each SAC release...
  6. Microsoft news polls

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft news polls: Hello, I just wonder why they want to poll my opinion every time I open the news??? I think these polls must be very inaccurate, as I've answered some of them myself several times. Also I wonder if my answers can be traced, the safety factor? Can you answer these questions...
  7. Steam ??? poll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam ??? poll: curious what you think of steam? personally I think it sucks, always updating, games take hours to upload many other things. I would rather just install a game from a disc and go play it! 121730
  8. How to Clean Off Information on Extra Drives

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Clean Off Information on Extra Drives: I am running a Dell Inspiron 3647 Desktop with, Windows 10 Home Edition, with an Intel Pentium CPU G3240 @3.10GHz Memory is 8 GB 64 Bit Operating System But my question is not about my computer, but about several extra Internal ATA Hard Drives that I've accumulated over...
  9. View Poll Results: Staying with Windows 10 or not?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Staying with Windows 10 or not?: Will you stay with 10? Or will/have you reverted to Windows 7/8? 19701
  10. View Poll Results: Is windows 10 worth it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    View Poll Results: Is windows 10 worth it?: When I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7, it worked fine for the next few hours then i couldnt acess the log in screen it was just stuck on the slider and then it flickers. tried to trouble shoot, system restore, clean installed (using the restart 3 time to trigger...