Windows 10: Help me get rid of this it hijacked my search engine!

Discus and support Help me get rid of this it hijacked my search engine! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Help me get rid of this it hijacked my search engine!... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ToddSarett, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Help me get rid of this it hijacked my search engine!

Help me get rid of this it hijacked my search engine!

:)

ToddSarett, Apr 20, 2019

2. Hijacked search engine

My Microsoft edge seems to be hijacked by a Chinese search engine en.hao123.com. How do I delete this

I use Microsoft 10

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

geomac&01, Oct 1, 2019
  3. How to get rid of forced Bing search engine hijacking?

Every time I try to search with Google, Bing hijacks my search.

I have gone into my Firefox settings and deleted everything except Google. Google is also set as my search engine.

I have gone into my Microsoft settings. Bing is not listed in any of the programs, so I cannot delete or uninstall it.

I have run TWO malware programs, deleted what was quarantined, which still did not get rid of Bing.

and last, I did a system restore, which also did not get rid of Bing.

I have NEVER used Bing. I have never DOWNLOADED Bing. Bing was never an issue on my computer until the most recent update, therefore I can only conclude that it was included in that update and that Microsoft is trying to shove Bing down my throat.

Interestingly enough, I also found that my system restore had been turned off after the last update. Care to explain why? Maybe so I couldn't restore back to before this disastrous update that screwed up my DirextX 9 and art programs so that I can't use
    them effectively anymore? So that I wouldn't be able to restore back to before I had Bing hijacking all my searches?

Do NOT give me your pat and routine answer involving me going into my browser settings. I've done that. Do NOT tell me to go into my Microsoft settings. I've done THAT. And don't tell me to run virus or malware scans. I've done all of those things.

Just tell me how to get this useless **** off my computer. You put it on here, so tell me how to get rid of it.

AngeliaParker, Oct 1, 2019
  4. LCRT Win User

search engine

windows xp advice for a windows 10 query. with registry fiddling. great advice.

anyway, the answer is very simple:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-the-default-search-engine-in-microsoft-edge

"

When you enter something in the address bar in Microsoft Edge, you’ll see results from Bing. Microsoft recommends Bing for the best performance with Windows 10. Bing gives instant help for Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge (just like this). And Bing links search
    results with some Windows 10 apps. But Microsoft Edge uses OpenSearch technology, so you can change the default search engine. Here’s how:

• Enter the search engine’s website and browse to it.

• Select More actions (...) > Settings and then scroll down to select View
      advanced settings. In the list under Search in the address bar with, choose Add new.

• Select the website and then select Add as default.

• Note: Only search providers that support the OpenSearch standard will appear in this list. If they don’t support it yet,here's how
        they can."

LCRT, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Help me get rid of this it hijacked my search engine! - Similar Threads - Help rid hijacked

2. Please help me get rid of these

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me get rid of these: These little shortcuts ranomly appear in my taskbar. Why cant i just NOT have them in my taskbar????????? Please windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-get-rid-of-these/528af452-dc22-48f8-8d01-ca64990f11d6
  3. Please help me get rid of these

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help me get rid of these: These little shortcuts ranomly appear in my taskbar. Why cant i just NOT have them in my taskbar????????? Please windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-get-rid-of-these/528af452-dc22-48f8-8d01-ca64990f11d6
  4. Please help me get rid of these

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I cannot get rid of the Bing search engine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get rid of the Bing search engine: I cannot get rid of the Bing search engine which has recently started to open whenever I open my Browser Firefox. I have read everything I can on this and tried various things but nothing has worked. I tried to do a System Restore to go back a month, before this problem...
  6. I cannot get rid of the Bing search engine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot get rid of the Bing search engine: I cannot get rid of the Bing search engine which has recently started to open whenever I open my Browser Firefox. I have read everything I can on this and tried various things but nothing has worked. I tried to do a System Restore to go back a month, before this problem...
  7. I cannot get rid of the Bing search engine

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. resent hijacking my browser search engine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    resent hijacking my browser search engine: I won't ever do business with the hijackers on my web browser - search engine. It took me all day to get my email back and browser with google chrome again after people from Yahoo - Internet explorer and who knows who as wiggled into my computer bing? Edge, Seguraza,...
  9. search engine hijack

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    search engine hijack: hi , had my gmail email account hi jacked by a search-switch dot com how do I delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine-hijack/8136a05a-33e4-4598-8dc6-a2db274369ee
  10. search engine help

in Windows 10 Support
    search engine help: just got a new comp with windows 10. don't like edge so I am using explorer how do I get rid of bing and use google search 117451