Windows 10: Infrequent BSOD While web browsing and running game in backgroud.

Discus and support Infrequent BSOD While web browsing and running game in backgroud. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, after replacing a broken hard drive and upgrading to Windows 10 I have had 3 BSOD in the past 13 days, 2 of the three times I have been away... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LiftedPls, Nov 13, 2016.

1. LiftedPls Win User

Infrequent BSOD While web browsing and running game in backgroud.

Hello, after replacing a broken hard drive and upgrading to Windows 10 I have had 3 BSOD in the past 13 days, 2 of the three times I have been away from my desk when they occurred.

What I Was Doing on Most Recent Crash
    - Running Discord (a voice chat application)
    - Playing a steam game (TF2, I run a community for this game and was talking to one of my admins while alt-tabbed so it was mainly running in the background)
    - Browsing about 5 tabs on FireFox

I also run a few monitoring programs
    -HWinfo64 plugged into rainmeter

the other two time I was away from my desk and only came back to the welcome screen. I know I didnt have any updates in line so I checked the minidump folder to see if I had a blue screen and found the DMP file.

The computer underwent a diagnostic when I took the system in to get the hard drive replaced (it was still under manufacturer warranty through powerspec, a micro center brand) and was told the only issue was the hard drive. Although im not sure they truly ran a full diagnostic.

The system is mainly used to run games and chat with friends online. I have rendered a few videos here and there but nothing too taxing on the computer.

If it matters at all when i replaced my HDD I installed an SSD and now keep my OS loaded on that, saving the HDD for bulk storage.

Zip file is attached, any help or insight will be greatly appreciated.

Edit 3 (New BSOD)

while messing around with some settings I believe I forced a crash. this occurred right after I clicked to run system maintenance. Just To be clear the PC BSOD occurred right after clicking the start maintenance in the screenshot http://prntscr.com/d6yfo8
    added the updated collection zip, i believe the error said system service exception

I was going to post this as a reply to this thread but I see early bumping is against the rules and didnt want my addition of info to be mistaken as that.

The second log collection is named OWNER instead of Chris

edit1: grammar
    edit2: added info on what was running on crash
    edit3: added everything after edit 3 line

:)

LiftedPls, Nov 13, 2016
  2. gdtzn Win User

BSOD when browsing the web. "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (netio.sys)"

Hi everyone,

I've been getting this BSOD for the past 2 months while browsing the web and I'm trying to figure what could be causing it. I've been getting the "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (netio.sys)" error displayed on the BSOD and my laptop restarts itself.

Any idea what could be causing it?

gdtzn, Nov 13, 2016
  3. BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD

I've been on windows 10 for quite a while now (at least 6-10 months). Recently, my computer started having these System Service Exception BSOD while under high loads: playing games, running a virtual box, installing programs etc etc etc. They are infrequent
    enough that i can browse the internet and play a few games but annoying enough that its causing all kinds of problems when i try to play some of the more graphical and CPU heavy games.

Yesterday i decided to reinstall windows 10 fresh as a result of the system_service_exception BSODs that i was getting figuring that perhaps the problem was undetectable malware or a fragmented registry, but after i was able to reinstall windows i started
    getting the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD/pointer errors. WhoCrashed shows that its probably a software problem but it doesn't give me any specificity.

I asked this same question on the tom's hardware forums with my DMP files and a guy said that it might be my Razer keyboard drivers which would make some sense considering that I just had to start using this keyboard because my newer one (Razer blackwidow
    ultimate) suddenly died. I reinstalled the drivers and removed the service in hopes that that would fix things and it stopped the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD (at least to my knowledge) but instead I got a system service error while attempting to play a game.
    I also ran Memtest86 last night for about 10 hours but there were no errors in my RAM sticks and I tried to run driver verifier but it got hung in a boot loop on my Sata controller driver due to verification problems and nothing that would actually cause
    these errors.

If anyone has any ideas that might help me i would appreciate it.

My rig:

asustek m5a99fx pro R2.0 + AMD FX 8350

16 gigs DDR3 RAM, 1T HD, Nvidia GTX 770 GPU

abeltensor, Nov 13, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi LiftedPls,

Welcome to the 10forums and apologies for the delay.

Are you still in need of help?

5. LiftedPls Win User
    Yes some help would be great. I do have some updates to add but am at work at the moment. Although if you could take a peak at my dmp files that would help a ton. I'll be at lunch soon and can type more

LiftedPls, Nov 15, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please check ASRock for BIOS updates.

7. LiftedPls Win User
    BIOS was flashed to the latest version (7.10) . almost used the .exe to install the update then remembered that my OS is unstable and how stupid that could be.

LiftedPls, Nov 16, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Report back if any BSOD occurs.

9. LiftedPls Win User
    just had first BSOD since update of BIOS. logs attached. was playing minecraft while on discord

LiftedPls, Nov 24, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Infrequent BSOD While web browsing and running game in backgroud. [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

11. LiftedPls Win User
    With 16gb of ram i know this will not be a short test. will run overnight tonight while i try to get finish up some work on my system during the day. thanks again axe0

LiftedPls, Nov 24, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    That is correct, it usually takes about 1-2 days with 16GB.

Thema:

1. Infrequent BSOD While web browsing and running game in backgroud. - Similar Threads - Infrequent BSOD While

2. Got the BSoD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while browsing webs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got the BSoD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while browsing webs: Just browsing web and listening to music, then BSOD.It happens randomly, maybe hours a time or days a time.I reinstalled a fresh new Windows 11, but the problem is not solved.Here is the minidump file.https://ufile.io/u5abwy3v...
  3. Got the BSoD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while browsing webs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got the BSoD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while browsing webs: Just browsing web and listening to music, then BSOD.It happens randomly, maybe hours a time or days a time.I reinstalled a fresh new Windows 11, but the problem is not solved.Here is the minidump file.https://ufile.io/u5abwy3v...
  4. BSOD while uploading files or browsing web

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while uploading files or browsing web: Hello,Troubleshooting a new build with fresh drivers but one seems to be misbehaving nonetheless. Crashed a few times while trying to upload and/or watch some videos.I have tried Driver Verifier and will include the dump it produced. It didn't exactly pinpoint the driver...
  5. BSOD while uploading files or browsing web

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while uploading files or browsing web: Hello,Troubleshooting a new build with fresh drivers but one seems to be misbehaving nonetheless. Crashed a few times while trying to upload and/or watch some videos.I have tried Driver Verifier and will include the dump it produced. It didn't exactly pinpoint the driver...
  6. BSOD while browsing the web...

BSOD while browsing the web...: Hi, my pc crashed suddenly, and i got a minidump file to analyze. Hope someone can help me out.Thank youminidump file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12X38r4Odx8VlDAbWZANotkYJZbI1uW-_/view?usp=sharing...
  7. BSOD 0x133 Happening randomly while gaming/browsing the web.

BSOD 0x133 Happening randomly while gaming/browsing the web.: This seems to happen just randomly, tried updating all of the drivers, and it's still happening constantly. Any insight would be helpful. Logs attached! Thanks! 132675
  8. Infrequent BSODs while gaming

Infrequent BSODs while gaming: Ive been getting recent BSODs spread pretty far apart (couple days usually between them). All bsods are while gaming. Games included that ive BSOD in lately have been Dark souls 2, Runescape, DayZ definitely, and maybe others. All of the BSODs say Whea uncorrectable...
  9. BSOD on various games, occasionally while web browsing.

BSOD on various games, occasionally while web browsing.: So for quite some time now my PC (custom built) has been getting BSOD on BF4. I figured the problem was just an odd crash and didn't think twice about it. Now nearly every time I load up BF4 it will cause me to blue screen and has either the message "System Thread Exception...
  10. BSOD while browsing the web

BSOD while browsing the web: Recently I keep on getting the BSOD while I am on google. Doesn't matter what site I go onto it just happens but not all the time. I've tried updating drivers and BIOS but still keep getting the problem. Also sometimes when I restart or Shut Down my PC it freezes on the blue...