Windows 10: Infrequent BSODs while gaming

Discus and support Infrequent BSODs while gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ive been getting recent BSODs spread pretty far apart (couple days usually between them). All bsods are while gaming. Games included that ive BSOD in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by varobun, Mar 17, 2016.

1. varobun Win User

Infrequent BSODs while gaming

Ive been getting recent BSODs spread pretty far apart (couple days usually between them).
    All bsods are while gaming. Games included that ive BSOD in lately have been Dark souls 2, Runescape, DayZ definitely, and maybe others.

All of the BSODs say Whea uncorrectable error, and it usually hangs at 100% when shutting down. I have to force shutoff sometimes.
    They all point to 0x00000124 hal.dll when i look in logs.

My cpu (g3258) is overclocked but temps are below dangerous levels when stress tested. Ive also been overclocked for about 3 months atleast and been only having issues for the 2 last weeks. I want to know if the BSODs are from something obvious before i revert the overclock or tweak it all

:)

varobun, Mar 17, 2016

2. ntoskrnl.exe+1640e0 BSOD error

So far, with one memory chip no BSOD. But, getting a BSOD would be random and infrequent.

I've went through that article in the past and still have gotten BSOD.

Kevin.Wieser, Mar 17, 2016
  3. Constant BSODs while gaming, watching videos, general browsing.

Hi Eric,

This could be due to an internal conflict in the system which could be caused by a corrupted file or an issue with the hardware itself. To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• Aside from the error message, are you receiving any error codes as well?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to the issue?

For starters, we suggest checking this support article as initial troubleshooting in resolving the issue:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors. The support article will walk you through the process of addressing the
    issue.

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any update.

Arthur Rui, Mar 17, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Code: BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe000537aa038, ff800000, 124} Probably caused by : GenuineIntel Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote]
    If you are an overclocker, you should be aware that your computer is subject to having WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (0x124), any day, anytime. No arguments like how long it ran stable etc fit there.
    Overclockers determine the aggressiveness of their clock settings based on the frequency of stop 0x124 (or 0x101) BSOD.

If the same issue occurs even after setting the hardware components like CPU, Graphics card and RAM at their stock clocks, then you will need troubleshooting. Not in an overclocked system. Because overclocking is one of the causes of this BSOD.

5. varobun Win User
    I figured as much based on other people's same issues. I guess ill tone down the overclock if it becomes anymore frequent than it is now. Solved unless a different BSOD shows up. Thanks.

varobun, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Infrequent BSODs while gaming - Similar Threads - Infrequent BSODs while

2. BSOD Appears infrequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Appears infrequently: Hi,Got a brand new system this winter and had some problems with my first pair of DDR5 ram sticks, after i got those replaced the system has seemingly been working fine until today. While i was playing a game the system went into a clock watchdog timeout BSOD. I have no clue...
  3. BSOD Appears infrequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Appears infrequently: Hi,Got a brand new system this winter and had some problems with my first pair of DDR5 ram sticks, after i got those replaced the system has seemingly been working fine until today. While i was playing a game the system went into a clock watchdog timeout BSOD. I have no clue...
  4. Infrequent BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infrequent BSODs: Over the past year I've been getting infrequent BSOD crashes, about one a day. It happens both when my PC is under load and when it's idle. I've seen 10+ different BSOD messages, and the task "causing" the crash is never the same, so I can't really find a pattern. Sometimes...
  5. Infrequent BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infrequent BSODs: Over the past year I've been getting infrequent BSOD crashes, about one a day. It happens both when my PC is under load and when it's idle. I've seen 10+ different BSOD messages, and the task "causing" the crash is never the same, so I can't really find a pattern. Sometimes...
  6. Infrequent BSODs

7. Random & infrequent BSOD

Random & infrequent BSOD: Our small church has a PowerSpec computer that we use to audio record our services. The pastor got a good deal from his son-in-law for the PC. The computer is usually left on, with only the screen blanking out after a while. It may go for weeks without problems, then BSOD or...
  8. BSOD while computer is idle(crashes seem infrequent)

BSOD while computer is idle(crashes seem infrequent): Im am experiencing some sort of crash while my computer is in idle. I do not see the bsod myself but I know they are happening. As I return to my computer I am back in the login screen. I checked the mini dump to find that I have had 2 incidents of my computer crashing with a...
  9. Infrequent BSOD while gaming, latest was related to yk63x64.sys

Infrequent BSOD while gaming, latest was related to yk63x64.sys: Hi there i hope people can help, this has been an ongoing problem for about a month I've been having infrequent BSOD since moving to windows 10 the first time. I figured it was that and went back to windows 7 however I was still getting crashes while playing games. Oddly...
  10. Infrequent BSOD While web browsing and running game in backgroud.

Infrequent BSOD While web browsing and running game in backgroud.: Hello, after replacing a broken hard drive and upgrading to Windows 10 I have had 3 BSOD in the past 13 days, 2 of the three times I have been away from my desk when they occurred. What I Was Doing on Most Recent Crash - Running Discord (a voice chat application) -...