Windows 10: Initial Lock Screen not firing through GPO at startup

Discus and support Initial Lock Screen not firing through GPO at startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I was given a pretty simple task - Change the lock screen for all computers in our organisation. Easy. 1) I went ahead and changed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by csuttonnzl, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Initial Lock Screen not firing through GPO at startup

Hi there,
    I was given a pretty simple task - Change the lock screen for all computers in our organisation. Easy.

1) I went ahead and changed the GPO on the DC (server 2012) to point to the new picture.
    2) After a GPupdate, within the windows session it works as it should – the new picture shows when press Windows + L

So what’s the problem? We are predominantly a Wi Fi place and with these connections it shows the OLD picture at the start lock screen before you press enter to the login screen. Ethernet changes to the NEW picture fine at the start lock screen and with Windows +L

With the Wi Fi connections, I can literally see the old picture load before Wi Fi even has a chance to connect. Ethernet is quicker is always connected and shows the NEW picture.
    So any ideas how I would make this work on Wi Fi?

Cheers

:)

csuttonnzl, Aug 3, 2016
  2. Rob Lufcy Win User

Windows 10 1709 Professional Lock Screen

I want to force a GPO on my AD network to lock windows after 15 minutes of inactivity. The new GPO Templates for Windows 10 all say the screen saver options will be disabled in the future. Is there a way to initiate the lock screen after 15 minutes? I
    tried setting interactive logon to 900 seconds but that didn't do anything. I just want it to lock!! why is MS taking away the GP options for screen saver time out / require logon after screensaver?

Rob Lufcy, Aug 3, 2016
  3. screen lock image set through gpo in windows10 systems

Dear Support,

Please provide steps how to set screen lock image through active directory GPO in Windows10 systems? my active directory is on windows 2008 R2 server.

Regards

Dhiraj Pandey

DhirajPandey- [O365], Aug 3, 2016
Thema:

Initial Lock Screen not firing through GPO at startup

1. Initial Lock Screen not firing through GPO at startup - Similar Threads - Initial Lock Screen

2. GPO to change computer lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    GPO to change computer lock screen: I followed this two to change desktop lock screen image through GPO some how its not...
  3. Install MSI with "attached" JSON on startup - Through GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install MSI with "attached" JSON on startup - Through GPO: Good day folks!Been scouring the internet looking for solutions to this and have come up blank thusfar. PDQ Deploy does not work on our domain, likely due to firewall restrictions. I will eventually go through that process as a last result, but I'd like to avoid it.Issue...
  4. Install MSI with "attached" JSON on startup - Through GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install MSI with "attached" JSON on startup - Through GPO: Good day folks!Been scouring the internet looking for solutions to this and have come up blank thusfar. PDQ Deploy does not work on our domain, likely due to firewall restrictions. I will eventually go through that process as a last result, but I'd like to avoid it.Issue...
  5. Disable startup lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable startup lock screen: Hello,I've been trying to get rid of the lock screen for hours, i can't manage to do it.I tried the techniques here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-startup-lock-screen/dd8ec354-e035-4809-bbea-e0847aba5afb- I am using a local account- Windows 10...
  6. Set language through GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set language through GPO: Hi Microsoft Community.I'm trying to set the language of some PCs to Spanish through GPO and it kind of works because every time that I unlock and log in on the PC, it automatically changes back to English.Thanks in advance for your help....
  7. Set language through GPO

Set language through GPO: Hi Microsoft Community.I'm trying to set the language of some PCs to Spanish through GPO and it kind of works because every time that I unlock and log in on the PC, it automatically changes back to English.Thanks in advance for your help....
  8. Bitlocker Encryption Through GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Encryption Through GPO: Hi,I am trying to deploy bitlocker encryption automatically to active directory users through GPO. The users must have TPM enabled and it should be hardware based bitlocker encryption. I also don't want any pre boot authenticationbitlocker password. I only want to encrypt the...
  9. Bitlocker Encryption Through GPO

Bitlocker Encryption Through GPO: Hi,I am trying to deploy bitlocker encryption automatically to active directory users through GPO. The users must have TPM enabled and it should be hardware based bitlocker encryption. I also don't want any pre boot authenticationbitlocker password. I only want to encrypt the...
  10. login freezes on startup/sleep initialization/lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    login freezes on startup/sleep initialization/lock screen: god i love win 10 i really do, if not for these few ridiculously unsolvable bugs pretty much rendering my lappy unusable for hours at a time. sys specs i7-6700 12gb DDR4 RAM nvidia GTX960M Win 10 came preinstalled on the system, didn't start hangups until the...