Windows 10: Initial Login screen. Pic rarely changes, even with Windows Spotlight

Discus and support Initial Login screen. Pic rarely changes, even with Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I run with 3 Windows Pro 10 machines.. All on build 1703. All logging in via my Microsoft account. Anyway, on my main desktop machine, the initial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thedoc46, Oct 2, 2017.

1. thedoc46 Win User

Initial Login screen. Pic rarely changes, even with Windows Spotlight

I run with 3 Windows Pro 10 machines.. All on build 1703. All logging in via my Microsoft account.

Anyway, on my main desktop machine, the initial login screen, where it asks you to put your pin in, rarely changes.. Maybe every 90 or so days. Whereas my personal laptop and work laptop change every other day. I have my lock screen settings set to Windows Spotlight....

Any idea's what i maybe missing ?

:)

thedoc46, Oct 2, 2017

2. Windows Spotlight is greyed out?

Also the greyed spotlight picture shows a greyed/hazy rolling plains, while the pre-login lock screen remains on the arch beach scene, which never changes. Even before this the lock screen picture rarely changed.

meowrmeowr, Oct 2, 2017
  3. Creators Update 1703 Sign-in/Login screen Spotlight feature broken

KB4034674 cumulative update is installed.

There is no error message. The sing-in/login screen show the same pic from default ones. I can change it when I select Picture, but when Spotlight is set login/sign-on secreen will always show the pic set with Picture option and not the Spotlight picture.
    But the Lock screen, on the other hand, shows and cycles Spotlight pictures nicely.

It is on all user accounts, because it is the login/sing-on screen displayed after windows boots.

SebastianByczkowski, Oct 2, 2017
Thema:

Initial Login screen. Pic rarely changes, even with Windows Spotlight

1. Initial Login screen. Pic rarely changes, even with Windows Spotlight - Similar Threads - Initial Login screen

2. PC freezes on login screen problem with Spotlight?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC freezes on login screen problem with Spotlight?: Hello everyone,I'm currently using Win 10 22H2 no updates available and I can't remember when this problem appeared the first time but this has been going on for a while at least a year, even across versions e.g. with 21H2:Usually I press the enter key to switch to the screen...
  3. return to pic login from password screen

return to pic login from password screen: I had set up a picture login on my windows 10 laptop. I've done something wrong and now the password screen comes up and I don't remember the password I used. How do I return to the picture login?...
  4. How to Change Theme of Windows Login Spotlight Image?

How to Change Theme of Windows Login Spotlight Image?: I like the Windows10 spotlight images that show when screen is locked, or when it prompts the login/password. How to set the theme of the pics? Eg., I only pics from North America, or Antarctica. Right now it shows pics from all over the world, which I don't care for, since I...
  5. Initial screen login to access home screen

Initial screen login to access home screen: My computer screen is not letting your login to the main screen so I can access my home screen. I am being told that your credentials are incorrect. I am also being asked to access your account account.live.com. Well, I can't as I cant get the the home screen. So if anyone...
  6. W10 login screen picture windows spotlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 login screen picture windows spotlight: How can I lock it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-login-screen-picture-windows-spotlight/9f31f70a-1577-4174-a42e-f80882368503
  7. I want my wallpapers to be Windows spotlight pics.

I want my wallpapers to be Windows spotlight pics.: I like the pictures of you, I do not want them to show only in a short time. I want them to replace my wallpapers until you change another one. Plz help me, I think many will have hobbies like me....
  8. Windows Spotlight and the initial power-up Login screen

Windows Spotlight and the initial power-up Login screen: With the anniversary update, the spotlight feature works on Login screen as well (yay!!) But... anecdotal evidence indicates that currently the Windows Spotlight will ONLY change pictures at a later time after you have invoked the lock screen at least once. But the...
  9. How to change the initial login screen

How to change the initial login screen: They are often changing the initial login screen which is most annoying when the put up a pic that I do not like. Can we stop them form doing that?*Mad 68204
  10. Remove user account pic at login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove user account pic at login screen: I thought I read somewhere how to do this but can't find it anymore. Anyway, I want to remove the user account pic at the login screen. Not change it but remove it completely so all I have is a clean background (I've already removed the background picture and set it to a...