Windows 10: Initial screen with time and date will not go up with a mouse click

Discus and support Initial screen with time and date will not go up with a mouse click in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The initial screen with time and date will not go up with a mouse or keyboard click. I do not have a touchscreen. It will no let me go to the login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Philosophaie, May 22, 2016.

1. Initial screen with time and date will not go up with a mouse click

The initial screen with time and date will not go up with a mouse or keyboard click. I do not have a touchscreen. It will no let me go to the login screen.

:)

Philosophaie, May 22, 2016
  2. Hinch0614 Win User

Computer will not go past date and time screen

Unfortunately nothing fixed this issue. How do i download and run the upgrade since I cant even boot the computer.?

Hinch0614, May 22, 2016
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Computer will not go past date and time screen

First you will need to force your machine to get into the recovery screen.

To do this boot up and wait for the blue windows screen with the spinning circle, when you see that press and hold power button to shut down.

Boot up again and do the same thing by waiting for the blue windows screen with the spinning circle then shut down, power up for the 3rd time and you should get repair screen.

Let it run.

You will then get a screen with the Automatic Repair, select the Advanced Options.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-boot-a...

Try and run the reset that keeps your data and see if you can get your machine up and running again.

If that does not work then try a repair upgrade.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

SarahKong, May 22, 2016
  4. Initial screen with time and date will not go up with a mouse click

I have same problem. Was your problem resolved please?

Greg Holmes, Jan 13, 2017
  5. Greg Holmes,

The original post was made in May 2016!!

However, what happens if you press the keys for Ctrl Alt Delete simultaneously?

If no luck, hold the Power Button for 5 seconds or until the computer completely shuts off.
    Next, press the Power Button to turn the computer on.
    As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button once again until the computer shuts off.

Repeat this process 2 or 3 times until you see the Preparing Automatic Repair screen.

In the Automatic Repair screen:
    Click Advanced Options, and then select Troubleshoot.

Select Refresh your PC if you do not wish to erase data, or Reset your PC to erase all data and restore the system.

Just follow the onscreen instructions.

cottonball, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Initial screen with time and date will not go up with a mouse click

1. Initial screen with time and date will not go up with a mouse click - Similar Threads - Initial screen date

2. no background for date / time screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no background for date / time screen: The option to turn backgrounds off for lock screen with 'Personalization' in 'Settings' only turns this off for the password screen and not the one with the date /time that slides up before with a key or mouse press. How can one also disable the background image for the date...
  3. no background for date / time screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no background for date / time screen: The option to turn backgrounds off for lock screen with 'Personalization' in 'Settings' only turns this off for the password screen and not the one with the date /time that slides up before with a key or mouse press. How can one also disable the background image for the date...
  4. Unable to click date and time in extended screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to click date and time in extended screen in Windows 11: I am unable to click date and time of Taskbar of projected extended screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-click-date-and-time-in-extended-screen/a339160d-39cd-497f-af0a-d88371881d8a
  5. Unable to click date and time in extended screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to click date and time in extended screen in Windows 11: I am unable to click date and time of Taskbar of projected extended screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-click-date-and-time-in-extended-screen/a339160d-39cd-497f-af0a-d88371881d8a
  6. blue screen with time and date

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blue screen with time and date: so my laptop has an i3 10th gen, 4 gbs of ram, and i think a 128 gb ssd. the problem is every time i turn it on i see the boot screen, but no wallpaper or anything. just the time and date at the bottom left corner. control alt delete doesnt work, turning it on and off doesnt...
  7. Mouse clicks not registering most times

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse clicks not registering most times: I'm not sure where else to post this as this isn't exactly a hardware issue, and I'll explain in a bit why. My mouse has been ignoring a good amount of clicks. Or I should say, Windows is. Because some apps do register them, because it visually reacts to my clicks, but it...
  8. Stuck on time/date screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on time/date screen.: Hello. I have a problem that i am stuck on the time/date screen. When i click any button it slides up and shows the login screen for a millisecond then slides back. I use Windows 10. Please help....
  9. Windows 10 wont go past date and time screen to log in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 wont go past date and time screen to log in.: So I just got a refurbished Lenovo m78 from new egg that came pre-loaded with windows 10 pro I booted it up and everything seemed fine so I installed my games (league of legends, smite, and fortnite) everything seemed fine I played some games and then the next day my PC said...
  10. lock up on mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Support
    lock up on mouse clicks: after upgrading to win 10 from win 7 HP the screen locks up for (approx 4 seconds) after every mouse click. i have just reinstalled win 7 and evrything is fine again should i re-download? and can i make a bootable ISO from the ESD file to do a clean install??. regards...