Windows 10: Inline installations of Chrome extensions no longer possible

Discus and support Inline installations of Chrome extensions no longer possible in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google today confirmed that it is working on banning installations of Chrome extensions from third party websites. The software giant allowed users to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 13, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Inline installations of Chrome extensions no longer possible

Google today confirmed that it is working on banning installations of Chrome extensions from third party websites. The software giant allowed users to install the Chrome extensions from third party websites for its Google Chrome web browser.

But now the company plans to stop the inline installations of the extensions for its Google Chrome web browser. The company has received issues with regards to deceptive uses of the installations of the Chrome extensions on third party websites.

To stop the deceptive usage the company has decided to permanently retire the inline installations. In a statement the company says that the extensions starting June 12, 2018 will redirect the users to the Chrome Web Store in a new tab.

“Extensions first published on June 12, 2018, or later, that attempt to call the chrome.webstore.install() function will automatically redirect the user to the Chrome Web Store in a new tab to complete the installation,” explains James Wagner, Extensions Platform Product Manager.

The new depreciated inline installations are expected to be available later this summer with the release of Google Chrome 71. The company for the convenience of users has laid down the specific date September 12, 2018 is when the company will disable the inline installation for existing extensions.

Starting September 12, 2018 any extensions installed on the Chrome Browser from third party websites will automatically redirect users to the Chrome Web Store.

Along with the discontinuation of the inline installations of extensions the company also plans to retire the inline install API method in early December 2018 when the company expects to release Google Chrome 71 which will not contain the API method.

The company advises the developers those who are unable to publish their extensions on the Chrome Web Store or are not willing to do due to the changes in the company’s policies will be left with no choice but to retire their Chrome extensions.

This step, the company says, will be helping users in the upcoming days which would make Chrome a safer place to browse.

The post Inline installations of Chrome extensions no longer possible appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 13, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Google Chrome Inline Installation Enforcement

Source: Chromium Blog: Further protecting users from deceptive or confusing inline installation

Brink, Jun 14, 2018
  3. TairikuOkami, Jun 14, 2018
  4. OneMoar Win User

TPU 's useful browser extensions

Post your browser and any useful extensions
    there is my current daily browser load-out

Browser Chrome
    Extensions
    • Chrono Download manager
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...anager/mciiogijehkdemklbdcbfkefimifhecn?hl=en

• Practical start-page
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/practical-startpage/ikjalccfdoghanieehppljppanjlmkcf?hl=en

• ublock Origin
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=en

• tampermonkey script manager
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tampermonkey/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo?hl=en
    • TamperMonkey Scripts
    youtube control center dev​https://github.com/YePpHa/YouTubeCenter/
    anti-adblock killer​https://github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer

OneMoar, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Inline installations of Chrome extensions no longer possible - Similar Threads - Inline installations Chrome

2. Chrome extension no longer works within Sandboxie

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome extension no longer works within Sandboxie: Just recently, one of my Chrome extensions fails silently within SB. It works OK outside SB. The extension is "Stylus", which has versions for Firefox, and almost every other browser. The extension adds a line of CSS to colour all visited links red (as in IE version...
  3. Installing Chrome Extensions in Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Chrome Extensions in Edge: I have just switched from Chrome to the new Edge browser. What would be the best way to transfer the numerous Chrome extensions that I have to Edge? submitted by /u/skywalker505 [link] [comments]...
  4. chrome extensions

in Browsers and Email
    chrome extensions: Anybody know why Google has pulled the Ghostery extension from it's web store? Even the actual website, when trying to install it you get error 404. Same thing from when trying to get it from MajorGeeks site. 141805
  5. Installing Chrome extensions in Opera

in Browsers and Email
    Installing Chrome extensions in Opera: I used to be able to install Chrome extensions in Opera directly from the Chrome extensions store with an extension called "install Chrome extensions". Now I can't install extensions for some reason. The current extensions I previous installed update okay and run fine....
  6. Manually installing Google chrome extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Manually installing Google chrome extensions: If you activated the developer mode on Google Chrome and then change the file extension from .Crx to .zip you Could install an extension outside of the google store. With Google Chrome version 73 it appears you can’t do this anymore. Do you guys know if Google Chrome change...
  7. Chrome Web Store will no longer allow extensions with obfuscated code

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome Web Store will no longer allow extensions with obfuscated code: Incredibly, it’s been nearly a decade since we launched the Chrome extensions system. Thanks to the hard work and innovation of our developer community, there are now more than 180,000 extensions in the Chrome Web Store, and nearly half of Chrome desktop users actively use...
  8. Install Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Extensions in Google Chrome: How to: Install Extensions in Google Chrome How to Install Extensions in Google Chrome You can customize Google Chrome and add features and functionality by adding extensions from the Chrome Web Store. This tutorial will show you how to install an extension to add it...
  9. Get an installed extension in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Get an installed extension in Chrome: Hello! I have a browser built from Chromium, It is installed a download extension(Savior).but I want to use Chrome, I can't find that extension on Web Store. Can I extract that extension to install on Chrome? Thank you 24231
  10. Google Chrome Inline Installation Enforcement

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Inline Installation Enforcement: Since 2012, Chrome has enabled extension developers to provide a smooth installation experience on their own pages using inline installation. We have also worked hard to prevent abuse of this feature by disabling inline installation in cases where we detect misleading or...