Inline installations of Chrome extensions no longer possible

Discus and support Inline installations of Chrome extensions no longer possible in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google today confirmed that it is working on banning installations of Chrome extensions from third party websites. The software giant allowed users to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 13, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Google today confirmed that it is working on banning installations of Chrome extensions from third party websites. The software giant allowed users to install the Chrome extensions from third party websites for its Google Chrome web browser.

But now the company plans to stop the inline installations of the extensions for its Google Chrome web browser. The company has received issues with regards to deceptive uses of the installations of the Chrome extensions on third party websites.

To stop the deceptive usage the company has decided to permanently retire the inline installations. In a statement the company says that the extensions starting June 12, 2018 will redirect the users to the Chrome Web Store in a new tab.

“Extensions first published on June 12, 2018, or later, that attempt to call the chrome.webstore.install() function will automatically redirect the user to the Chrome Web Store in a new tab to complete the installation,” explains James Wagner, Extensions Platform Product Manager.

The new depreciated inline installations are expected to be available later this summer with the release of Google Chrome 71. The company for the convenience of users has laid down the specific date September 12, 2018 is when the company will disable the inline installation for existing extensions.

Starting September 12, 2018 any extensions installed on the Chrome Browser from third party websites will automatically redirect users to the Chrome Web Store.

Along with the discontinuation of the inline installations of extensions the company also plans to retire the inline install API method in early December 2018 when the company expects to release Google Chrome 71 which will not contain the API method.

The company advises the developers those who are unable to publish their extensions on the Chrome Web Store or are not willing to do due to the changes in the company’s policies will be left with no choice but to retire their Chrome extensions.

This step, the company says, will be helping users in the upcoming days which would make Chrome a safer place to browse.

The post Inline installations of Chrome extensions no longer possible appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 13, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Google Chrome Inline Installation Enforcement

Source: Chromium Blog: Further protecting users from deceptive or confusing inline installation

Brink, Jun 14, 2018
  3. TairikuOkami Win User
    TairikuOkami, Jun 14, 2018
  4. OneMoar Win User

TPU 's useful browser extensions

Post your browser and any useful extensions
    there is my current daily browser load-out

Browser Chrome
    Extensions
    • Chrono Download manager
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...anager/mciiogijehkdemklbdcbfkefimifhecn?hl=en

• Practical start-page
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/practical-startpage/ikjalccfdoghanieehppljppanjlmkcf?hl=en

• ublock Origin
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=en

• tampermonkey script manager
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tampermonkey/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo?hl=en
    • TamperMonkey Scripts
    youtube control center dev​https://github.com/YePpHa/YouTubeCenter/
    anti-adblock killer​https://github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer

OneMoar, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Inline installations of Chrome extensions no longer possible - Similar Threads - Inline installations Chrome

2. Is it possible to remove "Libraries" main folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to remove "Libraries" main folder: I never use the Windows libraries because they don't fit my scheme of data storage. Is it possible to delete/remove the "Libraries" folder in itself? I know that individual folders like "Documents" "Pictures" etc. can be deleted, but in my experience Microsoft has a habit...
  3. Installing Windows 10 on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on a new SSD: I've got an old computer that has Windows 7 but only 8GB of hard drive space. It's a very small computer that would be nice to travel with. I can boot from a thumb drive, Win. 10 ISO into Win. 7 (it's actually installing now) but I don't think it will work very well with...
  4. Dell Touchpad no longer scrolls or zooms since Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Touchpad no longer scrolls or zooms since Windows 10 update: Since my most recent Windows 10 update the Touchpad on my Dell Latitude laptop no longer scrolls or zooms. I have to manually update the driver upon every restart and upon waking up from sleep. How do I fix this problem so I don't have to update the drive several times a day?...
  5. Chrome will not open. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome will not open. Windows 10: since the Windows 10 updatea couple of days ago Chrome will not open. It appears to open but the tabs have sad face icons. Internetis fine and if I get to Chrome via another browser it recognises my account and has all my favourites in place. Have tried uninstalling but...
  6. How do I install Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I install Cortana?: I recently reinstalled Windows and, much to my surprise, Cortana wasn't installed. How do I install her? 116169
  7. Best Wiping & Installing Win10 Method for HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best Wiping & Installing Win10 Method for HP Laptop: Hello Everyone and good day to you!!!! I see some articles out there here, but not sure if it answers what I am looking for. I just bought an HP laptop that I want to wipe completely clean with no software etc. installed and then reinstall from an ISO DVD I created with the...
  8. Experience Pack installs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Experience Pack installs: Well, MS is doing it again. Two little popups telling me that "Experience Packs" are being installed on my machine.....without my consent or the desire to do so. THIS IS MY--REPEAT--MY COMPUTER!! It doesn't belong to Microsoft. I don't want anything I didn't ask for being...
  9. How do I install Cortana?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I install Cortana?: I recently reinstalled Windows and, much to my surprise, Cortana wasn't installed. How do I install her? 116169
  10. Is it really possible to prevent automatic updates from Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it really possible to prevent automatic updates from Windows: I really have this issue with crypto mining rig as they' try to update themselves although I have tried most of the methods to "DISABLE" it. Considering fulling my ssd space right now but I wouldn't like that very much if there's a more practical way to do this...