Windows 10: Input Indicator and Adjust pinned folders launch speed etc

Discus and support Input Indicator and Adjust pinned folders launch speed etc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Input Indicator and Adjust pinned folders launch speed etc I just recently made a dual-boot of Win 10 Pro version 1511 (partition 1) and version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by damien76, Sep 17, 2017.

1. damien76 Win User

Input Indicator and Adjust pinned folders launch speed etc

I just recently made a dual-boot of Win 10 Pro version 1511 (partition 1) and version 1703 (partition 2). I did that to see the differences of both.

I observed that there is a bit of a delay when I right-click the tray icon of File Explorer to select a folder I have pinned. There's a delay of about 2.5-3sec before the folder appears.

Can I adjust the speed of the launch? When compared to version 1511 the delay is VERY minimal perhaps not even closer to 2 seconds. This is a deskop with 24gb of RAM and an R7 video card. This is a fast system in Win 8.1 Pro and in Win 10 Pro ver 1511. When I upgraded the lone partition with Win 10 Pro version 1511 I also noticed that sort of delay and even in just launching folders and sometimes when typing text. Thus to see both differences I opted to dual-boot the two Win 10 Pro versions at the moment.

I also have an problem with the "Input Indicator" --US keyboard even if I have turned it "off" in Taskbar settings but it's always there after reboot/restart/log-off.

Input Indicator and Adjust pinned folders launch speed etc [​IMG]

Can you guys help me out please....

Thanks!

:)

damien76, Sep 17, 2017

2. Mouse DPI

Hello Ray,

DPI is the standard used to measure the mouse sensitivity, expressed as the number of DPIs (dots per linear inch) that a device can detect. By changing the DPI, you can instantly adjust pointer speed for precision tasks,
    such as in-game targeting or photo editing. The greater the number of DPIs, the higher the mouse sensitivity, and the faster the pointer speed.
    PS/2 is a type of port used by older computers for connecting input devices such as keyboards and mice, which had six pins with a circular shape.

Some mouse models include dedicated buttons (DPI On-the-fly buttons) you can use to instantly adjust your mouse sensitivity (DPI).

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 17, 2017
  3. Joe Men Win User
    Map app on windows 10 phone Lumia 650 : Voice Guidance: Directions are too fast

Hello,

You can adjust the voice speed of the narrator by doing the following:

• Launch the Settings app.
    • Tap Ease of Access.
    • Tap Narrator.
    • Under Voice, you will see the Speed slider.
    • Adjust the said slider to your own speed preference.
    Try using the Maps voice navigation feature again after making the changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Joe Men, Sep 17, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

I see the same -it's back after logging on again.

Possible fudge:
    I suppose it would be possible to note the registry change when changing its state, and use a small script to repeat that. But that's hardly what you want to do.

Suggest this is one to feed back to MS (e.g. Feedback Hub app).

Here's a workaround, found with a quick search:
    http://www.askvg.com/fix-input-indic...rting-windows/

Also please see the discussion following this tutorial: (It's very often worth consulting the extensive tutorial section here).
    Turn On or Off System Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Speed of response:
    You may well find that the second time you launch explorer it will appear more quickly than the first some 2s on mine to under 0.5s subsequently (and I have some add-ons - 3rd party programs as you can see). Mine (see My Computer) will not be as fast as yours. Presumably depends on what remains resident in RAM.

Input Indicator and Adjust pinned folders launch speed etc [​IMG]

Of course depends also on other background tasks.

dalchina, Sep 17, 2017
  5. damien76 Win User
    @dalchina,Thanjks for the rely.

Did this and it seems to be working. I do not see it now. Will check when I reboot. As to the speed thing, it's still the same here....on version 1511 it ain't so. In Win 8.1 Pro almost no delay at all it's superfast there.

I am thinking that it may be a display driver issue here....I also noticed that when I get a screenshot of the desktop or window using Snagit the image that displays in Snagit Editor is garbled a bit before it corrects itself. Just a bit about 1.5 sec and then it goes fine. I have AMD Radeon R7 240 series card and using "win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-16.12.1-dec7" driver.

Anyone? Maybe Brink can help me out on this *Wink

damien76, Sep 17, 2017
  6. damien76 Win User
    I updated to the latest AMD Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 Display Driver but the issue is the same *Sad

damien76, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Input Indicator and Adjust pinned folders launch speed etc - Similar Threads - Input Indicator Adjust

2. adjust the speed for type-finding a folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    adjust the speed for type-finding a folder?: When i go into one of the project folders for my employer, we have many sub folders. I have been using the "just start typing" method which works great to find a folder quickly. However, sometimes i don't type the begining characters of the 8 digit fast enough and it is...
  3. adjust the speed for type-finding a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adjust the speed for type-finding a folder?: When i go into one of the project folders for my employer, we have many sub folders. I have been using the "just start typing" method which works great to find a folder quickly. However, sometimes i don't type the begining characters of the 8 digit fast enough and it is...
  4. adjust the speed for type-finding a folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Input Indicator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Input Indicator: So... I have 3 languages installed on my PC, which seems to enable the Input Indicator by default. Thing is, I prefer an uncluttered workspace, so I disable it. But EVERY single reboot reenables the option. This is the thing I am complaining about: [ATTACH] The languages...
  6. Input Indicator disappeared.

Input Indicator disappeared.: Not sure why my input indicator just disappeared on my surfacebook. I did not install any updates or new apps/programs. Why can't Windows just make their computers work? Really starting to regret my switch from a Mac....
  7. Input indicator bug

Input indicator bug: Hello, I can't disable Input Indicator at all. I tried every single option in settings that is related to the language bar in the task bar and tried every guide.[ATTACH]...
  8. input options for gujarati indic

input options for gujarati indic: I am using the Gujarati input method called Gujarati Indic Input 3. The font is Arial Unicode MS. while the alphabets are coming correctly, the numerals are not. They remain in the Roman (English) character set. No Gujarati numerals appear. Any solution?...
  9. Input Indicator problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Input Indicator problem: Hello everyone! Here is my problem: Today I was on Youtube and listening to music and doing side things on the PC and it "Crashed" to a gray screen. It happend second time. The 1st time was about 2-3 months ago. Before 1 hour or so happend again. A fully gray screen and the...
  10. Problem with the input indicator

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with the input indicator: Hi I have Windows 10 v1703 Enterprise 64 bit. Although I enable the input indicator on the system tray, it is disabled whenever the system is started. Why? I noticed that when I set the small icons on the application bar, the input indicator indicates only the...