Windows 10: Input language duplication reappears all the time

Discus and support Input language duplication reappears all the time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I got my new HP Omen 15-ax003nj 2 months ago. It's all patched up, running Windows 10 out of the box. I have 2 input methods - EN and HE.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Deron, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Deron Win User

Input language duplication reappears all the time

Hi all,
    I got my new HP Omen 15-ax003nj 2 months ago.
    It's all patched up, running Windows 10 out of the box.

I have 2 input methods - EN and HE.
    The problem is that every one in a while when I switch language using ALT+SHIFT it seems that the language
    didn't change and I need to press again in order for it to change. I soon realized that somewhy one of the languages Im using is added again. Like for example I have 2 EN and 1 HE, so when I try to switch from EN to HE I might have to change language twice.

Trying to just go to settings and removing the duplicated language doesn't work cause as far as the settings consurned - I only have 2 input laguages set up. The duplication isn't shown in the settings.

Input language duplication reappears all the time [​IMG]

a quick reboot gets things back to normal but it's obviously not a good long term solution.

Have any of you encountered the problem I have mentioned? Tried googling it, of course, with no luck.
    Thanks in advance,
    Amit

:)

Deron, Jan 4, 2017
  2. MK_95 Win User

I really need help,please:

hello Martin.

First, browse your phone with your computer to save your photos, if you need.
    Once done, use the photo app of your phone to delete all the photos and their duplicates.

*****Don't use your computer to delete the photos stored in your phone, or duplicates will reappear*****

Then, put your photos back from your computer to the phone. Duplicates should not reappear anymore.

MK_95, Jan 4, 2017
  3. rayabacus Win User
    Duplicate contacts in phone and outlook

Why does my HTC Touch Pro 2 and my outlook have multiples of the same contacts? I have deleted the duplicates in Outlook and the duplicates in my phone and they reappear after a period of time.

rayabacus, Jan 4, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Do you have UK (British) or US English Windows 10? If you are not sure, a quick way to check is to right click on desktop. If the desktop context menu's last item is PersonaliSe you have UK English (also known as International English) Windows:

If the desktop context menu's last item is PersonaliZe you have US English Windows:

The solution to your issue depends on this fact, the regional version of English Windows you have installed, and on which of the two English input languages you prefer to use.

Kari, Jan 4, 2017
  5. Deron Win User
    Hi, thanks for your reply.
    It's PersonaliZe, so I guess it's the US English Windows..
    And I'd like it to keep both US English and Hebrew
    So what's next?

Thanks again!

Deron, Jan 4, 2017
  6. Kari Win User
    I was stupid, your screenshot clearly shows you have US English installed *Doh
    Sorry, my own stupidity does not cease amaze me...

OK. To keep US English input language and remove the UK English, go to Settings > Time & language > Region & language and click the Additional date, time & regional settings link at bottom of right pane:

Click Change input methods:

Click Options for your current display language:

Remove any unwanted input languages:

That should do it!

Kari, Jan 4, 2017
  7. Deron Win User
    Hi,
    Sadly, I cannot see any other input methods on there, either.
    Also, to clarify, if you look at my screenshot you can see I have:
    US EN
    HE HE
    UK HE
    I mean, the duplicated and unwanted input type is UK HE (the last on the list of inputs, bottom right).
    Here are some screenshots again:

Deron, Jan 4, 2017
  8. EdTittel Win User

Great explanation/illustration, Kari. I've been trying to help my wife get set up for dual Russian/English work. This will help! Thanks.
    While I've got your eye, do you have any ideas about finding a tool to translate Russian written phonetically using a Roman alphabet keyboard into Cyrillic (Russian in its native character set)?
    Thanks again,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 4, 2017
  9. Kari Win User
    The screenshot in your original post looks strange. Windows should not show display / input language combinations not installed.

Here's what I mean; in screenshot below you see the normal situation, two groups in input language switcher I've marked A & B. Group A shows different input languages installed under specific display language, like in this sample from my PC it shows I am currently using UK English display language and Finnish input language:

Group B then shows display language / input language combinations available, which input languages are installed under each language pack currently not in use. If I for instance switch to Finnish as display language, only Finnish input language would be installed and available.

In your case, the bottom item on list is UK English and Hebrew, which indicates that you should have UK English language pack installed, which the same screenshot clearly shows is not the case.

I need to study this a bit more, I will post when / if I'll find something.

I've heard about this: Latin - Roman to Cyrillic alphabet online text converter, translation, search engine. ?????? ?? ???????? ? ???????? ??????????

Never used it myself, no need as I only know two words of Russian, two words every Finn knows since the last war: "Ruki Vverh!" *Wink

Kari, Jan 4, 2017
  10. Deron Win User
    Yeah. It's messed up. The duplicated language is added somehow after some usage time and not showing in the settings. Thats why I reboot to get rid of it. it's weird AF.
    Thanks again for all your help

Deron, Jan 4, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    Go to Settings > Time & language > Region & language. Now click on 'English (United States) Windows display language'. You will reveal an 'Options' button. Click on this to get the settings page for the keyboards you have installed for that language, it is having more than one keyboard that is giving you the multiple language options. I have an 'odd' keyboard with some keys not available (most annoyingly, the '\' key) so need three for my UK English system.

12. Deron Win User
    Hi,
    Nice shot, but still, it doesn't appear in the settings. *Sad
    Relevant screenshots:

Deron, Jan 4, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

Hmmm, it does seem you're right that 'something is messed up' in the settings.

I assume that the one you don't want is 'English (United Kingdom) Hebrew (Standard) keyboard'. If so, try deliberately adding it as a keyboard (probably to be found in the Hebrew language's 'Options'). Then delete it again. Maybe this will reset the 'messed up' settings.

14. Kari Win User
    That was of course absolutely clear that checking the same in Settings what we had already checked in Control Panel language settings changes nothing, shows nothing different. We already knew that UK English is not installed as display language or input language (see your last screenshot in post #5).

Working on a virtual machine, I am trying to replicate your issue. No luck. Really strange. According to your screenshots, UK English display language is not installed, nor is the UK English input language. Yet, both are present.

Will keep testing...

15. Deron Win User
    I also can't find a way to add this kind of input method by myself. I'm tired of adding screenshots so just take my word for it.
    What I did find is some similar issue that pointed me to the relevant registry values [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\Preload]
    What I saw there is interesting: there were 3 values: 00000409, 00000809, and the third one I don't remember cause I deleted it (forgive me for this, lol) I then logged out and in again, to see the results of this edit and the languages were back to normal (1 EN 1 HE).
    Then I opened regedit again and saw that the third value appeared again! and soon after that the third language input appeared as well on the task bar *Sad.
    SO! I am trying to figure out what in hell adds this value to the registry. I started procmon and filtered the relevant registry name. Now I'm waiting to catch the villain, hopefully it'll happen soon and I'll update you guys. Maybe it'll give us some lead.

Deron, Jan 4, 2017
Thema:

1. Input language duplication reappears all the time - Similar Threads - Input language duplication

2. Long-ago removed input method keeps reappearing in taskbar language menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long-ago removed input method keeps reappearing in taskbar language menu: Despite removing the Hungarian - US keyboard method ages ago due to its unusable for Hungarian input, it keeps reappearing when I do a hard restart on my PC, but disappears with a power off. How can I stop this reappearing? I couldn't find it in "Language preferences", and it...
  3. Long-ago removed input method keeps reappearing in taskbar language menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Long-ago removed input method keeps reappearing in taskbar language menu: Despite removing the Hungarian - US keyboard method ages ago due to its unusable for Hungarian input, it keeps reappearing when I do a hard restart on my PC, but disappears with a power off. How can I stop this reappearing? I couldn't find it in "Language preferences", and it...
  4. Long-ago removed input method keeps reappearing in taskbar language menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. audio input disappearing an reappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio input disappearing an reappearing: I'm having this problem with my audio for a while now, and I know it has to do with my audio input, because the headphones im using work perfectly fine on my laptop and the lights on them work even though the audio input doesnt show. I've found that it works in certain...
  6. audio input disappearing an reappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio input disappearing an reappearing: I'm having this problem with my audio for a while now, and I know it has to do with my audio input, because the headphones im using work perfectly fine on my laptop and the lights on them work even though the audio input doesnt show. I've found that it works in certain...
  7. audio input disappearing an reappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Input Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input Language: I use to change the input language using Ctrl+Shift, I had 3 languages to switch: English United States with Latin American keyboard, English Europe with US keyboard and Japanese with Microsoft IME, I don't use the US Keyboard, so I decided to remove that one. When I did it,...
  9. duplication of the English input language

in Windows 10 Customization
    duplication of the English input language: Hi Community! When I want to change input language, using 'window' + 'space', I can now see a 'duplication' of the English option even though my setting says there should only be one English and one Swedish option see image. Can someone explain how I get rid of this...
  10. Language input option has reappeared beside clock after updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Language input option has reappeared beside clock after updates: I've got the option to select put language again after the last update. I usually delete them all except UK, and the control panel only shows UK as installed. But the "ENG" option beside the clock lists UK and US options. How do I get rid of the US option? and how to get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Input language duplication reappears all the time

2. windows language disappear all the time