Windows 10: Input Language Hotkey keeps resetting on restart. Please help!

Discus and support Input Language Hotkey keeps resetting on restart. Please help! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 I get this issue where my computer forgets/resets the Input Language Hotkey for English. I used to set it as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yic17, Nov 1, 2015.

1. yic17 Win User

Input Language Hotkey keeps resetting on restart. Please help!

Hi.

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 I get this issue where my computer forgets/resets the Input Language Hotkey for English. I used to set it as Ctrl + Shift + 1. But whenever I restart the computer, the hotkey goes back to blank/empty/nothing. I have manually set it in advanced settings several times already and it simply doesn't save it. Never had this problem in all the previous Windows I used (XP, 7, 8 etc).

Please help. Thank you.

:)

yic17, Nov 1, 2015
  2. ggabunia Win User

Language Hotkeys Keep resetting

Hello. My windows 10 got an update yesterday. version 1511, 10586, to be precise.

I have always used language bar hotkeys on my windows - I use 4 different languages and I have assigned numbers to them, so that I can switch from English to German (from example) without going through all the available languages with "alt-shift". I had assigned
    "ctrl+shift+1" to English, "ctrl+shift+2" to Georgian etc.

But ever since that update, the hotkeys keep randomly resetting. I'm typing something an suddenly I notice that the language hasn't changed. I go to the settings and see that no hotkeys are assigned to the languages.

Any idea what causes it and how I can solve it?

ggabunia, Nov 1, 2015
  3. ggabunia Win User
    Language Hotkeys Keep resetting

I keep re-assigning and it keeps changing. I don't know what triggers it, but every once in a while I try to change the language with hotkeys and it doesn't work anymore.

ggabunia, Nov 1, 2015
  4. jenova314 Win User

Have you been able to resolve this problem? I'm facing the same issue.

jenova314, Jan 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Input Language Hotkey keeps resetting on restart. Please help! - Similar Threads - Input Language Hotkey

2. annoying bug when customizing the hotkey for English input language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    annoying bug when customizing the hotkey for English input language: Hello everyone, I am encountering a serious bug when I set my hotkey for input language. I am currently using three default language keyboard "Microsoft Pinyin", "English-US", and "Japanese- Microsoft IME", and I set key sequence for switching to those three languages to...
  3. annoying bug when customizing the hotkey for English input language

in Windows 10 Customization
    annoying bug when customizing the hotkey for English input language: Hello everyone, I am encountering a serious bug when I set my hotkey for input language. I am currently using three default language keyboard "Microsoft Pinyin", "English-US", and "Japanese- Microsoft IME", and I set key sequence for switching to those three languages to...
  4. My language input hotkey doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My language input hotkey doesn't work properly: I always use Left Alt + Shift To change my language Input but after updating Windows 10 latest I cant use it anymore so I upgrade to Windows 11 but it is still happens.when I tried to change language input on taskbar click on the Taskbar + Left Alt + Shift it changed 6 out of...
  5. My language input hotkey doesn't work properly

My language input hotkey doesn't work properly: I always use Left Alt + Shift To change my language Input but after updating Windows 10 latest I cant use it anymore so I upgrade to Windows 11 but it is still happens.when I tried to change language input on taskbar click on the Taskbar + Left Alt + Shift it changed 6 out of...
  6. adding more Language input hotkeys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding more Language input hotkeys: Hello,I use Windows 7 pro 64bit.I use a lot of languages in various tasks. My problem is the limitation of 5 shortcuts of hotkeys to switch quickly between keyboards. This can be a bit impractical at some point e.g. practicing on Duolingo. Anyway, I wonder if there is a...
  7. adding more Language input hotkeys

adding more Language input hotkeys: Hello,I use Windows 7 pro 64bit.I use a lot of languages in various tasks. My problem is the limitation of 5 shortcuts of hotkeys to switch quickly between keyboards. This can be a bit impractical at some point e.g. practicing on Duolingo. Anyway, I wonder if there is a...
  8. Please help with unnesseary hotkeys.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help with unnesseary hotkeys.: Today I was playing with my computer and all of a sudden W and other keyboard keys star turning into stupid hotkeys. Can somebody tell me how to turn them off please? submitted by /u/McSlurop [link] [comments]...
  9. Language hotkeys keep resetting for no reason

Language hotkeys keep resetting for no reason: I have Windows 10 and a new Asus laptop. When I set hotkeys to change the language quickly (ctlr+1 for English and ctrl+2 for French), these hotkeys keep resetting randomly to nothing (like I never defined them) after prolonged periods, say every 1-2 days. It litteraly...
  10. Change assigned hotkey for switching input language

Change assigned hotkey for switching input language: Hi! I have Windows 10. How do I switch the hotkey assigned to switch input language. I do not want windows logo + spacebar. Please help me. With a previous PC, I assigned it the hotkey shift+ctrl. I would love to revert back to that. Thanks in advance, Sarah...