Windows 10: Input not supported

Discus and support Input not supported in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey everyone, everytime I restart or boot up my PC with my monitors turned on first I always get a issue with the monitor connected to the HDMI port,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by partians, Aug 11, 2015.

1. partians Win User

Input not supported

Hey everyone,
    everytime I restart or boot up my PC with my monitors turned on first I always get a issue with the monitor connected to the HDMI port,
    it always says "Input not supported" and all I do is turn my monitor off then back on and the issue has been resolved, however
    just out convience I would like this issue fixed, does anyone have any answers?

GPU: GTX 650

Thanks.

:)

partians, Aug 11, 2015

2. Input Not Supported

What type of connection are you using: HDMI, DVI?

Click the Start Button and type in MSCONFIG and double click on MSCONFIG.EXE. Go to the Boot tab and put an "X" in the Base Video box and click OK. Restart the PC.

When the computer starts, it will be in the lowest resolution with real big icons. Open Start > Settings > System > Display

Click in the Screen Resolution box and choose a higher resolution.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Input Not Supported

Hi All,

My Windows 10 crashed and I ended up reinstalling it. Now on start up, the resolution defaults to 1028 x 768 instead of the recommended 2048 x 1152. When I try to change it, I end up with the floating box that says Input Not Supported. Researching the
    internet for solutions hasn't worked. Nor has updating the graphics drivers, or restarting in low res and/or safe modes. Any ideas on how to fix this? I am not a computer guy by any means. I know just enough to be dangerous!

Thanks,

Robert

RobertBrewer1, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Flork Win User

Input not supported

Hey,

I'm having the exact same problem. Win 10, same GPU, 4 monitors. The HDMI one is my main display. It happens 50% of the time when I reboot. As you say it's a convenience issue. But it's annoying to have with a new PC.

Have you found a solution?

Flork, Dec 22, 2015
  5. partians Win User
    I forgot about this issue haha, I purchased a new HDMI cable and the issue was resolved.

partians, Dec 22, 2015
  6. Flork Win User
    Well I've tried 2 HDMI cables, so that's not it.

It happens about 50% of the time I reboot.

Maybe you have some ideas:

I have 4 monitors hooked up to my NVIDA GeForce GTX 950. The main display is HDMI. I have one via DVI. I have two via DisplayPort, though one uses a DisplayPort to DVI adapter.

They are laid out from left to right: DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, DisplayPort/DVI

The one odd thing is that myt main dsplay the HDMI one has been assigned #2 by Windows and the DisplayPort monitor has been assigned #1. The reason is probably because when I first set up the machine I used the DipslayPort monitor. And for some reason, when I boot up, the pre-Windows startup screen shows up on the leftmost, DVI monitor, which is assigned #3 by windows.
    There is absolutely no way to change the numbers assigned by Windows. The only time the numbers change is if I unplug one or more of the monitors. But as soon as they are plugged back in, the numbers return to what they were. I don't know if this is a factor or not.

Flork, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Input not supported

1. Input not supported - Similar Threads - Input supported

2. my screen is stuck on input not supported, no keyboard shortcuts are working, i want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my screen is stuck on input not supported, no keyboard shortcuts are working, i want to...: i downloaded some scp game from steam and thsi happenedd when i trried to open it, please help me i wanna cry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-stuck-on-input-not-supported-no/96cb3d99-a324-4edc-aba9-3dfe677afe4c
  3. my screen is stuck on input not supported, no keyboard shortcuts are working, i want to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my screen is stuck on input not supported, no keyboard shortcuts are working, i want to...: i downloaded some scp game from steam and thsi happenedd when i trried to open it, please help me i wanna cry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-stuck-on-input-not-supported-no/96cb3d99-a324-4edc-aba9-3dfe677afe4c
  4. my screen is stuck on input not supported, no keyboard shortcuts are working, i want to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display.": I am so desperate at this point, I don't know what to do. I have a Dell 21 monitor SE2419H and an Elite desk 705 G2, Windows 10. I wanted to get better resolution and definitely messed things up by putting in a resolution not even compatible with the monitor.. I know I should...
  6. "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display."

"The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display.": I am so desperate at this point, I don't know what to do. I have a Dell 21 monitor SE2419H and an Elite desk 705 G2, Windows 10. I wanted to get better resolution and definitely messed things up by putting in a resolution not even compatible with the monitor.. I know I should...
  7. "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Input not Supported on acer monitor after booting into safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Input not Supported on acer monitor after booting into safe mode: so i just wanted to remove some files but i couldn't because they were showing its opened in an other program so i thought to go into safe mode and simply delete them but when i booted into safe mode i saw the windows logo and spinning circles for a second and after then my...
  9. Input not Supported on acer monitor after booting into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input not Supported on acer monitor after booting into safe mode: so i just wanted to remove some files but i couldn't because they were showing its opened in an other program so i thought to go into safe mode and simply delete them but when i booted into safe mode i saw the windows logo and spinning circles for a second and after then my...
  10. Input not Supported on acer monitor after booting into safe mode