Windows 10: inquiry on how to change BIOs to boot from USB drive

Discus and support inquiry on how to change BIOs to boot from USB drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I would like to know if possible -how to change BIOs to boot from USB drive. I have already seen the option when login, option to resume normally or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pathfinder, Oct 1, 2016.

1. inquiry on how to change BIOs to boot from USB drive

I would like to know if possible -how to change BIOs to boot from USB drive. I have already seen the option when login, option to resume normally or other..and in advanced options the list includes:

sys restore
    sys image recovery
    startup repair
    command prompt
    UEFI firmware setting
    startup setting

maybe its UEFI?

I downloaded the macrium program earlier.

:)

Pathfinder, Oct 1, 2016

2. How do I configure the PC to boot from the installation USB drive?

How to Boot Your Computer from a USB Flash Drive

https://craftedflash.com/info/how-boot-computer-from-usb-flash-drive

List which key to press (tap several times) to enter the BIOS and permanently change the boot order

Also list which key to tap to display and change the boot order one time.

Basically you are going to enter the BIOS and change the device boot order

1) DVD Drive (1st Boot device)

2) Hard Disk drive (2nd boot device)

To:

1) USB Drive (1st Boot device)

2) Hard Disk drive (2nd boot device)

:
    http://www.pagestart.com

J W Stuart, Oct 1, 2016
  3. Reboot loop at 64%

What is the make and model of your computer?

See instructions how to configure your BIOS to boot from the USB thumb drive.

Usually, you need to navigate to the Boot tab in the BIOS then change the boot option to USB by using function key.

Boot from Usb flash drive - YouTube

Andre Da Costa, Oct 1, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

inquiry on how to change BIOs to boot from USB drive

Brink, Oct 1, 2016
  5. good, I have bookmarked both tuts. will leave this open for 24 hours. *Party cheers.

Pathfinder, Oct 1, 2016
  6. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Oct 1, 2016
  7. very good mod mate. i will get on this when iam ready

Pathfinder, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

inquiry on how to change BIOs to boot from USB drive

1. inquiry on how to change BIOs to boot from USB drive - Similar Threads - inquiry change BIOs

2. How to boot to USB drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to boot to USB drive?: I made a bootable USB drive using Rufus, but can’t find how to boot to it. I’m using a Mac using boot camp, so I don’t have access to the BIOS and when I go to advance startup options and then use USB, the bootable drive I made isn’t listed. I know it’s possible, because I...
  3. Aptio bios not booting from USB Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aptio bios not booting from USB Drive: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 and does not have any operating system. I have a usb with Windows 10 and there is no option to boot from usb. There is a option to boot a single file but not the whole usb....
  4. Aptio bios not booting from USB Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aptio bios not booting from USB Drive: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 and does not have any operating system. I have a usb with Windows 10 and there is no option to boot from usb. There is a option to boot a single file but not the whole usb....
  5. Aptio bios not booting from USB Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. How to choose which drive to boot from, OUTSIDE of bios.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to choose which drive to boot from, OUTSIDE of bios.: Hello. I recently built a new system with dual operating systems on different internal ssd's. My question is, is there a way to choose what drive to boot before windows starts up? I have a editing side and gaming side and I would like the option to choose which drive to boot...
  7. Boot from USB First Boot Blank SSD - Are Changes To the BIOS Necessary

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot from USB First Boot Blank SSD - Are Changes To the BIOS Necessary: When notebook arrives I will be pulling the HDD platter before first boot and putting in a 2.5" SATA SSD and then booting from a USB stick that has the bootable? install OS media created using the media creation tool. The video below indicates that I need to make changes to...
  8. Booting from USB Drive

Booting from USB Drive: When i boot up my computer i go to the boot menu and i try booting from my usb drive it doesn't work. My computer just ignores it and normally launches as if nothing happened. Could anyone help? Thank you...
  9. Cannot boot into BIOS with F2 or boot from CD or USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot boot into BIOS with F2 or boot from CD or USB flash drive: For some unknown reason, for the past couple of days, I can only boot my ASUS X750JA laptop normally into Windows 10 (Home). Previously, after Shift+Restart, I used to be able to enter BIOS setup with F2. Now, whenever I try this, the screen remains black and nothing happens:...
  10. (inquiry) running win10 from a usb device

(inquiry) running win10 from a usb device: I would like to know, on a scale of 1 to 10, for someone such as myself with limited computer knowledge, how hard would it be to run win10 from an external HDD. . or...possibly run another OS within the external*Shock 65839