Windows 10: Insane Laptop Keyboard

Discus and support Insane Laptop Keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Now I think that one of our kids, messing around with one of our laptops, did it. Several keyboard keys produce two symbols. The back key does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vince Massi, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Insane Laptop Keyboard

Now I think that one of our kids, messing around with one of our laptops, did it. Several keyboard keys produce two symbols. The back key does not work, so I cannot erase the extra symbols. I ran Malwarebytes (even though I don't think that was the problem) and it found nothing. For about an hour and a half now, it has been trying to return to a System Restore Point.

I have already checked the keyboard location and region, and they are okay. I tried changing them anyway, and it didn't help.

I have cut and pasted the sfc /scannow command onto a text, dragged it onto a thumb drive, and will drag that into the PowerShell command line if the System Restore doesn't work.

Any other suggestions?

:)

Vince Massi, Apr 27, 2016

2. Camera (webcam) not working

Managed to fix the issue with my camera sort of by accident. After taking my laptop in, to get it seen by the people at KnowHow and being told it had to be sent off for a factory reset it had an insanely simple fix. Turns out there's a button on the keyboard
    with a picture of a camera and clicking it made the camera work. It's F8 on my laptop not sure if this will for anyone else but I hope it does!

Alice Rea (UG), Apr 27, 2016
  3. Chloe007 Win User
    Error code 0x8009002d

I have tried it and it doesn't work. Laptop is a Dell xps15 with windows 10 and about a month old. Insane.

Chloe007, Apr 27, 2016
  4. TrustMe Win User

Insane Laptop Keyboard

Do you have System Restore turned on? If so, give that a try.

TrustMe, Apr 27, 2016
  5. Thanks, Trust Me, but I tried that. PowerShell says that nothing is wrong. I cleaned the keyboard and tapped Fn (It doesn't have a Num Lock key) to make sure it isn't stuck.

It is not a Hewlett Packard, but their site says that the keyboard needs to be replaced. I'll plug in a regular keyboard tomorrow and see if that helps.

6. If you have language (IME) bar on the taskbar - turn it off
    might help, I'm not on ten at the moment, so I can't give explicit intstructs.

Slartybart, Apr 27, 2016
  7. First off I'd recommend checking that Sticky Keys isn't on.

You can also test the keys in OSK

1. Open 'Run' and run OSK
    2.Press the keys to see if they are responding on OSK
    3. If the keys on OSK work then there's a problem with your keyboard. If the OSK is also facing the same problem then you might want to just re-format the machine.

Likewise if you have a disk image or a snapshot you may want to just load into that. If you don't have those, you might want to invest in a program like Acronis True Image or Rollback Rx. Helps kid-proof the computer lol.

HanginJang, Apr 27, 2016
  8. Insane Laptop Keyboard

HanginJan, I'm afraid that you're a genius. I had to cut and paste OSK to transfer it to the laptop, and when the onscreen keyboard came up, it worked perfectly. In other words, the physical keyboard has failed.

I did disable the sticky keys, but it had no effect.

9. Fortunately, I have a high-quality small IBM keyboard designed for Windows XP. I plugged it into the laptop, and it actually sits on top of the keyboard. It works fine.

Thank you Everyone for your help.

Vince Massi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Insane Laptop Keyboard

1. Insane Laptop Keyboard - Similar Threads - Insane Laptop Keyboard

2. insane Bevaiour with Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard set

in Windows 10 Gaming
    insane Bevaiour with Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard set: The behavior of this product is ints,. The mouse scroll does not work at all. The keypad loses connection and doesnt work. Then there is the odd behavior it randomly puts Zoon in Firefox. to 40%, in a file, it will lock the scroll t the top or bottom so i cannot read the...
  3. insane Bevaiour with Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard set

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    insane Bevaiour with Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard set: The behavior of this product is ints,. The mouse scroll does not work at all. The keypad loses connection and doesnt work. Then there is the odd behavior it randomly puts Zoon in Firefox. to 40%, in a file, it will lock the scroll t the top or bottom so i cannot read the...
  4. Laptop is insanely slow and laggy; please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop is insanely slow and laggy; please help: I have a laptop with an amd radeon hd 6320 graphics card and an amd e-450 apu processor and it's so slow and unbearable. I've made sure my drivers are up to date and I've killed almost all startup programs but i can't even play any video with even 420p quality and microsoft...
  5. my laptop going insane

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop going insane: My laptop is going crazy he delete shortcuts and popup some error messages like explorer.exe and also when i play game he start to going crazy for exemple when i click on z button it shows me cortana Also just yesterday i install gta san andreas and i tried to fix the...
  6. Insane ram usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Insane ram usage?: [ATTACH] The only guess it the SSD... But maybe something else? Which is why i am asking https://preview.redd.it/4zhxcrhuj0x51.png?width=369&format=png&auto=webp&s=21274d827ec2e66753fd6fe0a206a806c3279e27...
  7. Einstein's Definition of Insanity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Einstein's Definition of Insanity: Einstein is widely credited with a definition of insanity which says that it is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results. If the nightmare 1709 windows update does not work on a machine for whatever reason then why does Win 10 Automatic...
  8. Einstein's Definition of Insanity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Einstein's Definition of Insanity: I would like to block just the 1709 update. If you use WUMT Wrapper Script you can just avoid selecting it for download and installation. Download WUMT Wrapper Script - MajorGeeks [img] [img] Also run configurator.cmd if you ever need to manually install an...
  9. going insane with pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    going insane with pc: I recently updated my cpu fan/heatsink from a stock one to a hyper 212x. Since doing this I am get blue screen of death, different error code each time. Most of the time 0x0000000e, or system thread cannot be handled. I cant get windows to load anymore, neither can boot from...
  10. Windows 10 constantly and insanely switches to another keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 constantly and insanely switches to another keyboard layout: Hello. I've been having a weird issue for the last two days with Windows 10 10586.17. Normally I use the Spanish - Latin American keyboard layout besides the English - US one. Windows recently decided to add Spanish - Spanish (which is really different from the other one) and...