Windows 10: Insert a disk... Oh yeah how many times ?

Discus and support Insert a disk... Oh yeah how many times ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Bloody Windows 10.. sorry but I hate the thing and here's one reason why. I put a CD in and close the tray. Windows brings up a dialog: Inset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by James1093, Oct 20, 2016.

1. James1093 Win User

Insert a disk... Oh yeah how many times ?

Bloody Windows 10.. sorry but I hate the thing and here's one reason why.

I put a CD in and close the tray.

Windows brings up a dialog:

Inset a disk
    Please insert a disk into Drive I:
    Help me choose a Disk (what nonsense is this LOL ??)

and opens the drive.

You can repeat the above until you go mad , or move back to the XP computer which works perfectly.
    A Win10 reboot *may* fix the problem temporarily.

If I have EAC open, it will list the tracks and you've almost ready to go, but up comes that stupid dialog again.

Is there any way to get it to bugger off?

Thanks... and sorry to be so emphatic !

:)

James1093, Oct 20, 2016
  2. luckieb Win User

N80 NEW FIRMWARE V4.0623.0.42 AVAILBLE NOW VIA FOTA

Oh yeah.... that GOTO menu... I totally forgot about that.

Has anyone had any joy in being able to insert any shortcuts into that?

There are no instructions in the N80 manual and there is no help file associated in the phone...

luckieb, Oct 20, 2016
  3. left-handed

Oh yeah...

There is so many people , that uses left hand...

I'm other left hand user...

Greetings

lonelywolf---01, Oct 20, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Have you tried changing the data cable between the ODD and the motherboard? Could be either a SATA or a PATA type.
    Have you tried a different ODD? Could be it is losing communication with the motherboard.
    Did you have WinXP on that exact computer/hardware setup? If so did you get the proper Win10 drivers for the motherboard? Seldom will WinXP hardware drivers work properly with Win10.
    Adding to the issue, based upon the 8GB RAM, is that you are running the 64-bit version of Win10 while only the Pro version of WinXP was available as 64-bit and wasn't in much use by consumers as it was so new at the time there weren't as many 64-bit versions of software.
    Nearly all hardware drivers have to be 64-bit for 64-bit versions of Windows or 32-bit for 32-bit versions of Windows [or any other Operating System].
    Another possibility is the drive doesn't like a particular brand of discs, might try something more mainstream such as TDK, Sony, Verbatim, etc. The discs I've had the most issues with were the colored Memorex CDs and the Memorex Music CDs. The most reliable CDs for burning I've used were the DuraBrand from Wal*Mart and Kodak, DuraBrand was dropped and I don't see the Kodak in my area.

Berton, Oct 20, 2016
  5. Mystere Win User
    Is that actually drive I: ?

Mystere, Oct 20, 2016
  6. James1093 Win User
    Drive I is a Pioneer BDRW BDR 207D and Drive K a Plextor PX-L890SA. Both have had the same problem.

Are you saying they need a 64bit driver that is not native to Windows? If so that might be it as I never installed their own drivers (if there were any).

However the problem is intermittent... so a bit harder to debug. I did try uninstalling it from Device Manager, but then it wouldn't re-install without a reboot.

Thanks for the replies... looks like this isn't a known issue...

James1093, Oct 20, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    The Pioneer is a Blu-Ray drive that also works with CDs and DVDs and the Plextor is a DVD burner. Looks like both are SATA-connected. It's very possible that Windows does not have drivers for everything.

That is not uncommon, drivers need to unload from memory and the usual way is to reboot. Memory [RAM/Random Access Memory] is volatile, that is anything stored in it while in use is lost when a computer is shut down or rebooted. That's why when programs lock up the last solution is to shutdown or restart the computer, clears its mind to give a fresh start.

Berton, Oct 20, 2016
  8. Insert a disk... Oh yeah how many times ?

I realize why you think it may be Windows 10, but I can tell you that Windows 10 is not to blame here. You have something else loaded, either an application or a chipset driver, that is getting in the way of your drive access.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Insert a disk... Oh yeah how many times ? - Similar Threads - Insert disk yeah

2. Insert Disk in Drive (E:)

in Windows 10 Support
    Insert Disk in Drive (E:): I keep getting a pop up that says "Insert Disk Please insert a disk into Removable Disk (E:) Cancel" There is no Drive or Disk (E:) What is this all about? I see others have the same issue. I have Windows 10 Home version 1909 OS Build 18363.1256 170780
  3. Insert disk into Drive E:?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Insert disk into Drive E:?: I keep getting a pop up that says "Insert Disk Please insert a disk into Removable Disk E: Cancel" There is no Drive or Disk E: What is this all about? I see others have the same issue. I have Windows 10 Home version 1909 OS Build 18363.1256...
  4. Please insert disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please insert disk: Win 10 pro. Whenever I put a dvd in, it spins, ejects and says "please insert disk" I did a repair install with a usb stick, dvd's were recognized. Machine then updated, no dvd's recognized. Not even the win10 dvd I did the initial install from...
  5. Oh no!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Oh no!: I was using Chrome when I opened a new tab. I went to a website and the whole window went BLAMMO! I clicked some things and it become worse. Was it a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oh-no/cd13444d-56fe-4f89-b8e5-43c9b066017e
  6. Yeah read

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Yeah read: Please remove my subsription bro ik yall rat asses not giving me an option to remove it on purpose https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yeah-read/321edfa0-2287-4aa3-a8c3-3122fc8de94c
  7. Oh no....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oh no....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/murdered800times [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e8236g/oh_no/
  8. Sway ooohhh yeah

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sway ooohhh yeah: How to create a sway where can I look for information? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sway-ooohhh-yeah/30026683-c2f0-4efe-883b-6b16e647fa2f
  9. Why Oh Why Is This Happening All The Time

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Oh Why Is This Happening All The Time: Hi peeps, can you help? I run Revo Uninstaller and do a junk scan to remove, er, junk. But I have noticed that this always is in the list despite deleting... [img] I have tried, to reinstall Mail & Calender as suggested on some forums to no avail. I have also tried to...
  10. Yeah!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Yeah!!!!!!: I've finally got Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 10074! I like it except for the start menu mod by Brink doesn't work [img] . 5750