Windows 10: insert/eject USB and many notification sounds

Discus and support insert/eject USB and many notification sounds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been receiving multiples of the above mentioned sounds for a while now, without any attempt from me adding new hardware, inserting/ejecting a USB.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GRB70, Oct 5, 2016.

1. GRB70 Win User

insert/eject USB and many notification sounds

I've been receiving multiples of the above mentioned sounds for a while now, without any attempt from me adding new hardware, inserting/ejecting a USB. It mainly happens within an application (play diablo, wow, surfing the web, etc.) it's happened around 6 times just writing to here. When it happens it locks the mouse up and a couple of times so far, locked everything and hard booted. I disabled all sounds, then it just locked the mouse without telling me. Not sure if 6 HID keyboards and the 3 HID compliant mice in device manager have anything to do with it? Every time I uninstall them, they come back.

Please if anyone can help I'd appreciate it a lot

*Smile

:)

GRB70, Oct 5, 2016

2. How can I tell what's occupying my external USB ports and what they're for? I have 3 port taken up and I don't know what they do. They are not flash drives.

Hi,

Thank you for your update and response.

If you insert a USB into the system then you will get the autoplay option popup.

If you remove the USB from the system you won’t be getting any popup notification but you will be getting a sound, I suggest you to click on the notification area (right side of the taskbar pane) and then right click on the USB
    and eject.

Please get back to us if you have any further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Oct 5, 2016
  4. insert/eject USB and many notification sounds

The DM here shows slightly less items finding only two HD Keyboard Device listings for the AZIO backlit usb keyboard and only one HD-compliant mouse item for the MSI gaming mouse in use despite the software/drives for the 11 button programmable model. You could try dumping all but one item under each category followed by a full system restart and see what happens when Windows once again redetects all hardwares on starting up. If the excess items are found gone for good the connect/disconnect wav files assigned should no longer be a problem and not heard until the next usb device is plugged in or the Safely Remove option is used.

Night Hawk, Oct 5, 2016
  5. GRB70 Win User
    This is weird, but each time I uninstall 1, it comes back when I try to uninstall the next, keyboard or mouse. Would it make a difference if I try in safe mode?

Thx again *Smile

GRB70, Oct 5, 2016
  6. I would give the Safe mode a look there to see if you make any progress since the normal Windows will tend to remember the last configuration. Once in Safe mode anything nuked will tend to stay gone and once that takes the restart into a normal boot provided the 10 install you have doesn't have something else going on should properly detect the keyboard and mouse. If the 10 install has a hidden goober however you may be looking at a repair of some type.

Night Hawk, Oct 5, 2016
  7. There is the option in Device Manager, under the View menu, to show hidden items. I believe it's devices for which there are drivers but which aren't present eg removable drives.

Try that and see what appears (under all device headings).

markweatherill, Oct 5, 2016
  8. GRB70 Win User

Sorry I'm just getting back with you all. I booted into safe mode, then it would not accept my password, so I had to wait until my cousin got off work so he could check google. My only recourse that would let me in, was to do a reset and save nothing, and erased the window drive. I'm in and the only thing I installed was WOW since I play a lot and it was happening. So far I've only heard it a handful of times, to be sure I'm going to install something else and give it a day or so. Then I'll update you guys.

TYVM *Smile

GRB70, Oct 6, 2016
  9. Good point! The only problem would be finding the items hidden from default under other categories like Network adapters and hard disks where usb flash drives and a drive in a usb enclosure will then show in the list of drives. Under Network adapters you would then see multiple instances of one type of network item with the (2) and (3) following the first as one example as well as any virtual network items.

Under keyboards and mice however the list of items will likely remain unchanged being the problem since the mouse is already in plain view as the Logitech gaming mouse item. I suspect a printer or combo printer/scanner/fax or other usb item besides or including the software if any for the keyboard could be the source.

A total wipe of the drive and still not seeing a solution was rather a drastic step while a good screening of things like the keyboard software which in turns will put on startup device drivers along cross checking any other usb device almost omitting the mouse from the equation however as plugging and unplugging mice rarely trips the connect and disconnect wav files while other devices especially printers, printer/scanner/copier/fax combinations. flash drives, memory card readers, etc. including usb hubs can and will trip the device connect/disconnect alerts.

One suggestion is to simply unsound those two items in the Sounds portion of the Windows sound mixer. That can done easily by right clicking on the Volume icon in the hidden or shown portion of the System notification area or System tray on the main task bar and select the Playback devices option. Once the screen with tabs appears for Playback, Recording, Sounds which you want, and Communications you simply click to open the Sounds tab and scroll to the Device connect and Device disconnect items and at the left bring the dropdown list of choices for which sound to be applied for each and scroll directly to the top to select and apply the "none" option. Clicking the apply button then puts the no sound into effect while the new sound scheme can also be saved as the new default sound plan. Here I simply label that Default and regardless of how many times 10 has been upgraded to updated builds to now seeing the Redstone 1 update remain that won't change. This is how to disable those two sounds.

Night Hawk, Oct 6, 2016
  10. GRB70 Win User
    Can't seem to duplicate the sound so I'll mark as solved.

TY guys *Smile

GRB70, Oct 11, 2016
  11. Besides setting it for none you can also change from one wav file to another in the event one or two got corrupted in some way and hang in a loop at times unless not able to play. Or you can even copy additional wav files you come across into the same "C:Windows\Media" folder which I saw become a rather interesting collection over the years to have a number of alternates once the initial problem of unwanted playback is no longer seen. For now however the "none" should work.

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. insert/eject USB and many notification sounds - Similar Threads - insert eject USB

2. USB stick not ejecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB stick not ejecting: Hi I am running Windows 10 64bit 20H2 but this problem has been happening for the past few iterations of W10. Whenever I plug in a USB stick to delete some files and then try to safely eject the stick, I get the pop up message about "the device is currently in use". The...
  3. No notification USB has been ejected

in Windows 10 Customization
    No notification USB has been ejected: When I used to eject my USB I knew that it was done because the screen closed down and I also heard a sound. Recently when I eject my USB nothing happens to notify me that I can remove it. I know that it is not a good idea to just remove it but in the meantime what should I...
  4. Unable to eject USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to eject USB: I can't just eject a USB drive. To safely eject I'm having to shut down. Win 10 Pro x64 156341
  5. Eject USB not an option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Eject USB not an option: [ATTACH] When I try to eject my USB, it isn't an option. There are three dots instead. I've tried plugging in the USB to a different computer and it works there, so I think it is a problem with my device (x1c7). Any help is appreciated!!...
  6. No sound when I insert USB. Windows 10

No sound when I insert USB. Windows 10: There is no sound when I INSERT my USB. I can read everything on it and play any songs. The ONLY problem is no sound when inserting my USB. I have tried different USB but all the same. I have checked Device Mgr and they all say Device Working Properly. I am at a loss. Please...
  7. Cannot eject a USB.

Cannot eject a USB.: The "Safely Eject Hardware and Media" will not pop up on my Windows 10 laptop. I tried to open it a different way, but then it said it couldn't eject the USB. The USB has been read by the laptop. Any help on how to fix this?...
  8. USB EJECT

USB EJECT: When I try to eject a sandisk cruiser device I get a message saing that the volume12 sideband is being used..?what is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-eject/b5b258ae-7e86-4af9-8258-41775b2a4dfa
  9. USB insert sound not working.

USB insert sound not working.: Okay so I don't know what happened but today I had noticed that when I put in a USB driver it will be recognized but no sound will play when I do. I tried going into system sound events to see if I could fix it but it wouldn't work. Then I tried restarting and shutting down...
  10. Why am I getting the USB insertion sound without inserting anything?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why am I getting the USB insertion sound without inserting anything?: Why do my PC makes sound ( the sound on Windows 10 we get when an USB device is inserted ) even when no device is inserted ? Is this because of any malware ? I have done virus scans today but found none. 59081

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i eject a device there is no sound

2. eject notification sound not working