Windows 10: Inserting pictures

Discus and support Inserting pictures in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Word or excel no longer lets me insert a picture from on line- it comes up with an error. I use this feature OFTEN but now cant do one picture. Worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Beth Miller2, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Inserting pictures

Word or excel no longer lets me insert a picture from on line- it comes up with an error. I use this feature OFTEN but now cant do one picture. Worked Monday, tuesday it decided this wasnt an option anymore.

:)

Beth Miller2, Dec 6, 2023
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Oto_ Win User
    Unable to insert COM object as picture

In Windows 10 I am unable to insert object as picture. It shows only icon.

To reproduce the issue:

1. Open for example wordpad or any other application which supports object embedding.
    2. Choose insert object.
    3. choose insert from file
    4. Choose any jpeg picture.
    5. File is inserted but shows as icon only. This is regression from Windows 7 as previously it was possible to insert directly as picture.

Workaround is to insert Paintbrush object then open image and copy paste in paintbrush but it is very inconvienent. It seems the crappy Microsoft Photos app is interfering with this but not sure how to uninstall it.

Oto_, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Johan45 Win User

Inserting pictures

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

Inserting pictures

1. Inserting pictures - Similar Threads - Inserting pictures

2. Insert --> Pictures --> Stock Images & Online Pictures are BROKEN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insert --> Pictures --> Stock Images & Online Pictures are BROKEN: Insert --> Pictures --> Stock Images & Online Pictures - Tried both and both pop-up a blank window. I have a presentation tomorrow AM omg!!I've tried multiple computers, windows 10, windows 11, repairing Office, different Microsoft accounts, and nothing fixes this....
  3. Insert --> Pictures --> Stock Images & Online Pictures are BROKEN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Insert --> Pictures --> Stock Images & Online Pictures are BROKEN: Insert --> Pictures --> Stock Images & Online Pictures - Tried both and both pop-up a blank window. I have a presentation tomorrow AM omg!!I've tried multiple computers, windows 10, windows 11, repairing Office, different Microsoft accounts, and nothing fixes this....
  4. How do I unblock the format background picture insert that is causing a Bad Request

How do I unblock the format background picture insert that is causing a Bad Request: When I use PowerPoint and open "format background" and click "Picture or texture fill" and select Picture source "Insert" the program gives me "Bad Request - Request Too LongHTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long." I'm blocked form local and internet...
  5. How do I unblock the format background picture insert that is causing a Bad Request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unblock the format background picture insert that is causing a Bad Request: When I use PowerPoint and open "format background" and click "Picture or texture fill" and select Picture source "Insert" the program gives me "Bad Request - Request Too LongHTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long." I'm blocked form local and internet...
  6. How do I unblock the format background picture insert that is causing a Bad Request

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Inserting pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inserting pictures: Word or excel no longer lets me insert a picture from on line- it comes up with an error. I use this feature OFTEN but now cant do one picture. Worked Monday, tuesday it decided this wasnt an option anymore....
  8. Inserting pictures

Inserting pictures: Word or excel no longer lets me insert a picture from on line- it comes up with an error. I use this feature OFTEN but now cant do one picture. Worked Monday, tuesday it decided this wasnt an option anymore....
  9. The picture inserted, does it mean I've been locked by microsoft or hacked by someone.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The picture inserted, does it mean I've been locked by microsoft or hacked by someone.: The picture inserted, does it mean the computer is locked by microsoft or I've been hacked by someone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-picture-inserted-does-it-mean-ive-been-locked/4b01a34c-ee07-47a4-bcb6-da2cef5e85f7
  10. The picture inserted, does it mean I've been locked by microsoft or hacked by someone.

The picture inserted, does it mean I've been locked by microsoft or hacked by someone.: The picture inserted, does it mean the computer is locked by microsoft or I've been hacked by someone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-picture-inserted-does-it-mean-ive-been-locked/4b01a34c-ee07-47a4-bcb6-da2cef5e85f7