Windows 10: Inserting text with hotkey saves it to clipboard

Discus and support Inserting text with hotkey saves it to clipboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have some info assigned to hotkeys. When I enter into a form the string is also saved to the clipboard. How can I prevent this? 114471 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Jul 20, 2018.

1. tcebob Win User

Inserting text with hotkey saves it to clipboard

I have some info assigned to hotkeys. When I enter into a form the string is also saved to the clipboard. How can I prevent this?

:)

tcebob, Jul 20, 2018

2. Show contents of the clipboard

Not sure if this is the right place, but it seems that this would be a good function to have for some people

I have a program (Text Extractor) that will automatically insert text as it finds it in a visual novel or game to the clipboard, NOT deleting what is already there. I can then attach a machine translator to the clipboard which will then translate the text
    for me. The idea of having access to the clipboard is to save it at certain places.

SverreMunthe, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Where is the Clipboard?

The clipboard is not something you can find. It is (at least on the windows phone) an inaccessible part of the phone, where your last copied text is stored.

This is how it works.

• You highlight a text, and say COPY.
    • the phone OS puts information in the CLIPBOARD.
    • You go another area where text can be input and tap PASTE. Whatever information is in the CLIPBOARD gets pasted.

Jay_answers, Jul 20, 2018
  4. spunk Win User

How to Save Scans to Clipboard with Windows 10

Clipboard on All Windows OS's including 10, is used as a temporary space for Copying or Cutting a text, document or picture prior to Pasting it. Documents in the Clipboard are removed at the next copied text or document overwrites it or the computer restarts. It is not a location to Store any information.
    You can save your picture/document to your saved location, and then Copy it from there to put it into the Clipboard.

spunk, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Inserting text with hotkey saves it to clipboard - Similar Threads - Inserting text hotkey

2. The Information on the Clipboard cant be inserted into Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Information on the Clipboard cant be inserted into Paint: When I try to paste a PrntScr ; Snagit or Snippet object from my clipboard into paint, I get this error message: "The Information on the Clipboard can't be inserted into Paint". This has never happened on my systeme before. I have tried the following; and each of the attempts...
  3. The Information on the Clipboard cant be inserted into Paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Information on the Clipboard cant be inserted into Paint: When I try to paste a PrntScr ; Snagit or Snippet object from my clipboard into paint, I get this error message: "The Information on the Clipboard can't be inserted into Paint". This has never happened on my systeme before. I have tried the following; and each of the attempts...
  4. Problem with text insertion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with text insertion: I copy the text, then try to paste it, and inserts: C:\Users\yurri\AppData\Local\Temp\NahimicV3_CrashDump3-16-2023-10-19--18-17-10_.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-text-insertion/7ed5aa01-b8a3-412b-a825-e72f0a5d8012
  5. Problem with text insertion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with text insertion: I copy the text, then try to paste it, and inserts: C:\Users\yurri\AppData\Local\Temp\NahimicV3_CrashDump3-16-2023-10-19--18-17-10_.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-text-insertion/7ed5aa01-b8a3-412b-a825-e72f0a5d8012
  6. Insert text disappeared?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Insert text disappeared?: When I right-click, I usually have the option for "Insert Text." I have several phrases I use often in this, as well as key information I need for filling out forms and such. Then today, it just disappeared. The "Insert Text" option isn't in my right-click menu at all. How do...
  7. Recovering Clipboard text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovering Clipboard text: [this is pretty urgent, as i will lose hours of work as soon as i shut my computer down, and i'm always scared something could cause it to shut down, like an automated windows update at 3 am] So, i opened my code in an editor that i've been using for a long time. For some...
  8. Multiple texts in the clipboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple texts in the clipboard?: Hi folks, I wanted to know how I can manage to have several texts in the clipboard at the same time (i.e. copy and paste). I know a lot of people who do this but I am too stupid for it. Maybe someone can help me. Thanks Mehrere Texte in Zwischenablage?
  9. Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion: I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here. Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to loop though text suggestions insert the text suggestion...
  10. Unhealthy Data inserted into clipboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unhealthy Data inserted into clipboard: Title pretty much says it, I use MS Paint, and it can't CTRL + V, it knows I'm pasting, but it said something about unhealthy data. I use CTRL + V in video games, maybe that's why?...