Windows 10: Inside WDG - Branches and Rings

Discus and support Inside WDG - Branches and Rings in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] [img] [img] [img] Source: Insider Hub - "Inside WDG - Branches and Rings" 40448 Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Inside WDG - Branches and Rings

Brink, Feb 9, 2016

2. Where can I get Windows 10 build 14271 from?

You cannot in short. 14271 comes from development branch and as bulldogxx said these have bugs.

Media creation tool downloads 10586 which omes from current branch.

Understanding Windows 10 Insider Preview Branches, Rings and Release Channels

Understanding Windows 10 Insider Preview Branches, Rings and Release Channels - AskVG

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 9, 2016
  3. Where can I get Windows 10 build 14271 from?

irinelonofrei, Feb 9, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

Apart from a recent release where the progress bar was broken I haven't actually found any problems with the Windows preview / insider builds. I'm not sure whether remaining in the program is actually worth it any more as the recent builds seem as stable as a rock. I might say wait a few builds and then try a new one but I can't actually see any advantage unless you have some really weird hardware you want to test out.

I just wish above all that Windows networking could be made to work PROPERLY 100% of the time --that would be the greatest upgrade I could wish for.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 10, 2016
  5. linw Win User
    I, and MANY others, second the wish for the network discovery mess to be fixed. An MS employee, Adam Rudell, mentioned March for the fix. Hope it is the 1st of March!

linw, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Inside WDG - Branches and Rings - Similar Threads - Inside WDG Branches

2. Failed to parse WDG method

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to parse WDG method: I've been trying to dual boot Windows and Kali Linux multiple times in different ways now but I always get the same error while installing Kali. Once kali is installed and I boot into it, It loads for some time and sends me to a black screen with a white prompt and an error:...
  3. Win 11 update to insider dev branch failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 update to insider dev branch failed: Hi all,I was trying to update my windows from the beta branch to the dev branch, but there was some error with the update and the installer did a rollback. I'm unsure on why the update failed. Below I have copied the contents of my setuperr.log file2022-03-06 21:49:06, Error...
  4. Win 11 update to insider dev branch failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 update to insider dev branch failed: Hi all,I was trying to update my windows from the beta branch to the dev branch, but there was some error with the update and the installer did a rollback. I'm unsure on why the update failed. Below I have copied the contents of my setuperr.log file2022-03-06 21:49:06, Error...
  5. Windows 10 Insider Fast ring

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Insider Fast ring: i was using my laptop fine last night, and then this morning when i turned it on, it won't boot tried advanced startup, uninstall feature, and last installed updates - nothing tried booting safe mode - nothing please help...
  6. Cannot leave Fast insider ring

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot leave Fast insider ring: Following the instructions in this blog post, I went to change my Windows 10 PC to the Release Preview ring, so I can update to the May 2020 update release build and then leave the Insider program for the time being. However, every time I try to change the setting, Windows...
  7. Insider preview fast ring

Insider preview fast ring: I am currently stuck on 19592.1001 and even though on the fast ring not getting any updates. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-preview-fast-ring/a7ef9816-8c49-46eb-946b-10d60151a0c6
  8. Windows insider slow ring version?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows insider slow ring version?: I have has the same version since January? Is this correct? Does the slow ring get any updates? I tried just changing back to the release build but it wouldn't let me (kept jumping back to slow ring on the insider option). So I've switched to the fast ring for now. submitted...
  9. Unable to update (insider slow ring)

Unable to update (insider slow ring): Win10 (insider slow ring) installed on Dell Inspiron 546. Since July 2019, I'm unable to update Win10 (see the Update History attached). What's wrong? How to fix it and update Win10? [ATTACH]...
  10. Insider Preview Slow Ring Not Updating

Insider Preview Slow Ring Not Updating: Even though I am an Insider, the 18342.9 update will not install. I get a message that my device is not eligible even though I am enrolled in the Insider program....