Windows 10: Turn On or Off Security and Maintenance Messages in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Security and Maintenance Messages in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Security and Maintenance Messages in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Security and Maintenance Messages in Windows 10 By... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Security and Maintenance Messages in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Security and Maintenance Messages in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Security and Maintenance Messages in Windows 10

By default, Windows will automatically check for security and maintenance problems and send you a message (notification) if problems are found.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off specific security and maintenance messages for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Security and Maintenance icon.

2. Click/tap on the Change Security and Maintenance settings link on the left side. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Security and Maintenance Messages in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Check (turn on) or uncheck (turn off) the security and maintenance messages you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Security and Maintenance Messages in Windows 10 [​IMG]

4. You can now close Security and Maintenance if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 10, 2016
  2. Brink Win User

Hello, *Smile

You could try also disabling notifications from Windows Security to see if that may stop them.

*Arrow Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Security and Maintenance

I have a problem with security and maintenance in windows 10. It says both my firewall and antivirus are turned off, tried turning it on but nothing happened.

HJ Orines Osias, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Security and Maintenance Messages in Windows 10

How do i turn on my windows security services on Windows 10.

Hi Edehomon,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with turning on Windows Security services with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if third party security has disabled Windows Defender services.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "windows security services are turned off", have you installed any third party security software on the computer?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to try to turn on Windows Defender by following steps below and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar?

2. Type "Settings" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then click on Update & security.

4. Click on Windows Defender.

5. Then try to turn on the Windows Defender services.

Note: If a third party security software is installed on the computer, then it will disable Windows Defender.

Please get back to us with an update on turning on Windows Security services with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Arun B J Win User
    Security and Maintenance error. windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Method 2: Place your computer in clean boot state and check if it helps.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 27, 2019
  6. JosephS7 Win User
    Security and Maintenance

My Security and Maintenance was turned off, and I couldnt turn it on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JosephS7, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Security and Maintenance Messages in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Security

2. window security turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window security turn off: Window Security turn off and some issue face.Antivirus no Providers. Firewall no Providers. Web Providers no Providers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-security-turn-off/84635842-62aa-470c-a7d9-f9bfa1d048de
  3. window security turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window security turn off: Window Security turn off and some issue face.Antivirus no Providers. Firewall no Providers. Web Providers no Providers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-security-turn-off/84635842-62aa-470c-a7d9-f9bfa1d048de
  4. window security turn off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Security turned off

Windows Security turned off: By Mistake my windows security turned off by me.What can i do for this??Please help me.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-turned-off/59851a47-fbcf-433a-8038-e7c294f4dc29
  6. Cannot turn on security and maintenance’s in notifications and actions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot turn on security and maintenance’s in notifications and actions.: Hello, recently i noticed i wasn’t getting any notifications from windows defender even though i set it to sent me notifications in windows defender, i went to notifications and actions, when i attempt to turn it on, it switches back off automatic for no reason, please help...
  7. Cannot turn on security and maintenance’s in notifications and actions.

Cannot turn on security and maintenance’s in notifications and actions.: Hello, recently i noticed i wasn’t getting any notifications from windows defender even though i set it to sent me notifications in windows defender, i went to notifications and actions, when i attempt to turn it on, it switches back off automatic for no reason, please help...
  8. Cannot turn on security and maintenance’s in notifications and actions.

9. "Security and Maintenance cannot turn on Windows Firewall"

"Security and Maintenance cannot turn on Windows Firewall": Hello. I am running Windows 10 on desktop Dell system. Last week, I started having problems with Thunderbird not auto downloading new messages from Gmail. Someone advised me to restart my computer in Safe Mode and see if that fixed the problem, because he suspected is was a...
  10. Win 10 | Auto Maintenance | Power Options turned off?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 | Auto Maintenance | Power Options turned off?: Does it do that? The settings appear to "go back to normal" once I get back to the computer -> Monitor turns off after 15, system goes to sleep after a hour. But if its woken up by Auto Maint, that doesn't happen. Ideas? Otherwise I'm just gonna turn this thing off. 96749