Windows 10: Get More Information about Windows Spotlight Image in Windows 10

Discus and support Get More Information about Windows Spotlight Image in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Get More Information about Windows Spotlight Image in Windows 10 How to Get More Information about a Windows Spotlight Image in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Get More Information about Windows Spotlight Image in Windows 10

How to: Get More Information about Windows Spotlight Image in Windows 10

How to Get More Information about a Windows Spotlight Image in Windows 10

Get More Information about Windows Spotlight Image in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images from Bing each day and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. Windows Spotlight is available in all desktop editions of Windows 10.

Windows Spotlight fun facts, tips, tricks, and suggestions will only show on the signed in, and will not show on the lock screen at startup.

This tutorial will show you how to get more information about Windows Spotlight lock screen background images in Windows 10.

Tip Configure Windows Spotlight on the lock screen | Microsoft Docs

Here's How:

1. Lock the computer (Win+L) to see the current Windows Spotlight image on your lock screen.

2. Click/tap on the location in the Like what you see? link, or one of the other available information links you want on the Windows Spotlight image. (see screenshots below)

3. You will now be prompted to sign in to your account. (see screenshot below)

4. Once signed in to your account, Microsoft Edge will automatically open to Bing search results with more information about the Windows Spotlight image. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 15, 2017
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Windows spotlight images (Lock screen)

This is really dumb, but if you are like me and use spotlight for your windows lock screen images, I actually tend to like some of them alot. They rotate it seems every few days but it doesn't seem to delete them as often as it gets new ones.

With that said I couldnt find anything similar online so I made a script that would pull the files from the folder buried in app data that keeps the files. They dont have an extension normally so I append the JPG extension too them.

I create a folder on your desktop called spotlight and copy the files too it then run the conversion.

I didn't spend forever on this so be nice but otherwise;

Enjoy

Code for the crazies:
    Spoiler Code: @Echo off title Spotlight Image Converter cls :checkPrivileges :: Check for Admin by accessing protected stuff. This calls net(#).exe and can stall if we don't kill it later. NET FILE 1>NUL 2>NUL if '%errorlevel%' == '0' ( goto menu) else ( goto getPrivileges ) :getPrivileges :: Write vbs in temp to call batch as admin. if '%1'=='ELEV' (shift & goto menu) for /f "delims=: tokens=*" %%A in ('findstr /b ::- "%~f0"') do @Echo(%%A setlocal DisableDelayedExpansion set "batchPath=%~0" setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion Echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) > "%temp%\OEgetPrivileges.vbs" Echo UAC.ShellExecute "!batchPath!", "ELEV", "", "runas", 1 >> "%temp%\OEgetPrivileges.vbs" "%temp%\OEgetPrivileges.vbs" exit /B :menu Echo Windows 10 Lock screen image converter Echo. Echo Brought to you by Solaris17 of TPU Echo. Echo This will make a folder on your desktop called "Spotlight" Echo. Echo It will copy the lockscreen images to the folder then convert them to JPEG format. Echo. Echo Let me know when you are ready. Echo. Pause goto copy :copy @echo off CLS Echo. Echo Converting and copy in progress... Echo. mkdir %userprofile%\Desktop\Spotlight > nul 2>&1 timeout 5 >nul robocopy %userprofile%\appdata\local\packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets\ %userprofile%\Desktop\Spotlight /copyall /E > nul 2>&1 ren %userprofile%\Desktop\Spotlight\* *.jpg > nul 2>&1 Echo Done!! Echo. pause[/quote]

Solaris17, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Windows spotlight images (Lock screen)

I updated this to fix an issue where images already in the folder would be swapped back to no extension making them unreadable again.

CODE:
    Spoiler Code: @Echo off title Spotlight Image Converter v2 cls :checkPrivileges :: Check for Admin by accessing protected stuff. This calls net(#).exe and can stall if we don't kill it later. NET FILE 1>NUL 2>NUL if '%errorlevel%' == '0' ( goto menu) else ( goto getPrivileges ) :getPrivileges :: Write vbs in temp to call batch as admin. if '%1'=='ELEV' (shift & goto menu) for /f "delims=: tokens=*" %%A in ('findstr /b ::- "%~f0"') do @Echo(%%A setlocal DisableDelayedExpansion set "batchPath=%~0" setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion Echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) > "%temp%\OEgetPrivileges.vbs" Echo UAC.ShellExecute "!batchPath!", "ELEV", "", "runas", 1 >> "%temp%\OEgetPrivileges.vbs" "%temp%\OEgetPrivileges.vbs" exit /B :menu Echo Windows 10 Lock screen image converter Echo. Echo Brought to you by Solaris17 of TPU Echo. Echo This will make a folder on your desktop called "Spotlight" Echo. Echo It will copy the lockscreen images to the folder then convert them to JPEG format. Echo. Echo Let me know when you are ready. Echo. Pause goto copy :copy @echo off CLS Echo. Echo Converting and copy in progress... Echo. mkdir "%userprofile%\Desktop\Spotlight" > nul 2>&1 mkdir "%userprofile%\Desktop\Spotlight\Converted" > nul 2>&1 timeout 5 >nul robocopy %userprofile%\appdata\local\packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets\ "%userprofile%\Desktop\Spotlight" /copyall /E > nul 2>&1 ren %userprofile%\Desktop\Spotlight\* *.jpg > nul 2>&1 move "%userprofile%\Desktop\Spotlight\*.jpg" "%userprofile%\Desktop\Spotlight\Converted" > nul 2>&1 Echo Done!! Echo. pause[/quote]

Solaris17, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Alden Rey Win User
    windows spotlight

Hi Leland,

Windows Spotlight is a nifty feature in Windows 10. It can downloads pictures and advertisements from Bing and then displays them on your lock screen. Besides, you can mark whether you wish to see more or less images of a similar type.

To sort out your concern, simply follow the steps provided below:

• Go to privacy settings:
    • Background apps turn on
    • For spottlight setting app must be on.
    • You can now use spottlight in personalisation tab.

We also suggest to re-register your Windows Spotlight by following the steps provided by
    Kapil Arya MVP on this
    link

Should you need further information, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Get More Information about Windows Spotlight Image in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - More Information Spotlight

2. Windows Spotlight missing "Like What You See?" and image information.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Spotlight missing "Like What You See?" and image information.: To clarify the issue, when I lock my computer it is successfully showing the spotlight images and they change periodically. What it is failing to do is display the like/dislike and image information overlay. It is still showing the Date/Time in the lower left and network info...
  3. Windows Spotlight on the locked screen doesn’t show the information about the photo and the...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight on the locked screen doesn’t show the information about the photo and the...: I’ve made this question on several occasions now, I’ve collaborated in other forums and even got technical support, but with no success yet. My question is: when I first got my laptop with Windows 10, I could see on the lock screen photos from Windows Spotlight with...
  4. Windows Spotlight No Longer offering information about image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight No Longer offering information about image: Hi. I have Windows spotlight as my log on image. Until recently It would offer me the chance to read about where that image was in the world. I seem to have lost that functionality as now I only see the image prior to log on and no option to find out about it anywhere. Do I...
  5. Information on Windows Spotlight photos

Information on Windows Spotlight photos: Wondering how to get information on the Windows Spotlight pictures that appear on my lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/information-on-windows-spotlight-photos/5c0401f3-fd1e-4238-a633-2aa5479c07aa
  6. Windows 10 is finally getting desktop spotlight feature and more

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is finally getting desktop spotlight feature and more: As you may already know, the next feature update ‘October 2020 Update’ for Windows 10 is going to be a minor release, which means that you won’t get any exciting new features this year. However, if you’re still part of the Windows Insider program, you will soon be allowed to...
  7. Windows Spotlight images

Windows Spotlight images: Why are all the photos I see from the US and Europe? How do I broaden the range to include countries in Africa, Asia, Oceania, South America etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-images/4e07d6d6-d545-4898-880b-3f1fe0191041
  8. where do I find information about the Spotlight picture in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    where do I find information about the Spotlight picture in windows 10: where do I find information about the Spotlight picture in windows 10 ***Moved from Windows 10 / Performance & system failures*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-information-about-the-spotlight/61da6700-2812-4768-8353-d731ead03cc4
  9. where do I find information about the Spotlight picture in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    where do I find information about the Spotlight picture in windows 10: where do I find information about the Spotlight picture in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-information-about-the-spotlight/61da6700-2812-4768-8353-d731ead03cc4
  10. Windows Spotlight information missing - Windows 10

Windows Spotlight information missing - Windows 10: I really like the pictures that Windows 10 puts up on the lock screen. However, the part that gives me the information about the picture and where it comes from and asks if I like it often doesn't come up. If I move my mouse or hit the space bar it brings up the screen to...