Windows 10: Change Firefox Home Content Preferences

Discus and support Change Firefox Home Content Preferences in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Firefox Home Content Preferences How to Change Firefox Home Content Preferences in Windows Starting with Firefox Quantum (version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Firefox Home Content Preferences

How to: Change Firefox Home Content Preferences

How to Change Firefox Home Content Preferences in Windows

Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon.

The Firefox Home screen is what you see by default when you open your new tabs in Firefox.

The Firefox Home screen can display the Search bar, Top Sites (sites you visit most), popular articles Recommended by Pocket, Highlights (sites you've visited recently or bookmarked), and Snippets (updates from Mozilla) every time you open a new tab.

This tutorial will show you how to choose what content you want to show on the Firefox Home screen by default for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Firefox.

2. While you have a New Tab page (about:newtab) open, click/tap on the gear icon at the top right of the page. (see screenshot below)

Change Firefox Home Content Preferences [​IMG]

3. Under Firefox Home Content, check (show) or uncheck (hide) Web Search, Top Sites, Recommended by Pocket, Highlights, and Snippets for what you want. (see screenshot below)

Change Firefox Home Content Preferences [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 20, 2016

2. Can't change printer preferences in Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• What exactly happens when you try to go into printer driver settings from Control Panel?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

• Type change default printer and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Step 2:

• Type printers and scanners and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Change Firefox Home Content Preferences

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Firefox does not work on start up

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Firefox
    and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    Firefox:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for Firefox and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Change Firefox Home Content Preferences

1. Change Firefox Home Content Preferences - Similar Threads - Change Firefox Home

2. Unable to change sign in preferences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change sign in preferences: Hello, I believe someone else has access to my account. When I try to change account sign in preferences I am sent to https://account.live.com/names/Manage . When I get there, my email is listed as the primary alias, but the letters are lighter and I am unable to change it in...
  3. How to prevent users from changing Firefox Cookies preferences

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from changing Firefox Cookies preferences: If you do not want to allow users to tweak the cookie preferences in the Firefox browser, here is how you can get it done. It is possible to use the Local Group Policy Editor and the Registry Editor to prevent users from changing Firefox cookies preferences. At times,...
  4. How to prevent users from changing Camera, Location, Microphone preferences in Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from changing Camera, Location, Microphone preferences in Firefox: If you want to prevent users from changing Camera, Location and Microphone preferences in the Firefox browser, here is how you can do that. Although any user can allow or block a particular website from using the camera, location, and microphone, you can disable that...
  5. Why change my preferences?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why change my preferences?: Just finished a 10 hour+ update to Windows 10. Can't believe that it takes so long. Not so upset at the time as I am that the update changed my preferences. Who are they to think that I wanted a dark, black environment? Don't try to dictate what you think my preferences...
  6. change mail attachments preference

in Windows 10 Customization
    change mail attachments preference: I cannot open a email attachments as Adobe is the default and I want to change it. thanks BP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-mail-attachments-preference/e0220e60-ebe3-4cdc-a47a-551ed2c14cd6
  7. Firefox Site Content Issues

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Site Content Issues: Hi guys. Have a bit of a weird issue. Just realised that Firefox will not display a sites full content but it will do on Edge. I'm trying to place a bet and it won't let me view the full coupon but it will do on Edge. Just seems very strabge [img] Firefox is updated to...
  8. Sponsored content in Firefox Nightly and Beta and soon with Firefox 60

in Windows 10 News
    Sponsored content in Firefox Nightly and Beta and soon with Firefox 60: Content on the web is powerful. It enables us to learn new things, discover different perspectives, stay in touch with what’s happening in the world, or just make us laugh. Making sure that stories like these—stories that are worth your time and attention—are discoverable and...
  9. Change Theme in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Theme in Firefox: How to: Change Theme in Firefox How to Change the Theme in Firefox Quantum Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon. Firefox Quantum includes the Default, Light, and Dark themes, but you can get more themes to...
  10. Sponsored content in Firefox Nightly and Beta and soon with Firefox 60

in Windows 10 News
    Sponsored content in Firefox Nightly and Beta and soon with Firefox 60: Content on the web is powerful. It enables us to learn new things, discover different perspectives, stay in touch with what’s happening in the world, or just make us laugh. Making sure that stories like these—stories that are worth your time and attention—are discoverable and...