Windows 10: Turn On or Off Get even more out of Windows Suggestions in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Get even more out of Windows Suggestions in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Get even more out of Windows Suggestions in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Get even more out of Windows Suggestions in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by MorrisGray, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Turn On or Off Get even more out of Windows Suggestions in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Get even more out of Windows Suggestions in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Get even more out of Windows Suggestions in Windows 10

Occasionally when you sign in to Windows 10, you may see a Get even more out of Windows notification screen to suggest ways you can finish setting up your device.

These suggestions include setting up services powered by your Microsoft account:
    Starting with at least Windows 10 build 18945, a new "Suggest ways I can finish setting up my device to get the most out of Windows" on/off setting was added to the Notifications & actions page in Settings for this.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off the Get even more out of Windows screen at startup with suggestions to finish setting up your device for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off "Get even more out of Windows" Suggestions in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off "Get even more out of Windows" Suggestions using a REG file

EXAMPLE: "Get even more out of Windows" suggestions screen

Turn On or Off Get even more out of Windows Suggestions in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off "Get even more out of Windows" Suggestions in Settings
    1 Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2 Click/tap on Notifications & actions on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3 Check (on - default) or uncheck (off) Suggest ways I can finish setting up my device to get the most out of Windows for what you want under Notifications on the right side.

4 When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off Get even more out of Windows Suggestions in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off "Get even more out of Windows" Suggestions using a REG file
    The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UserProfileEngagement

ScoobeSystemSettingEnabled DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1 Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On "Get even more out of Windows" Suggestions
    This is the default setting.

A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Get_even_more_out_of_Windows_suggestions_at_startup.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off "Get even more out of Windows" Suggestions
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Get_even_more_out_of_Windows_suggestions_at_startup.reg

Download
    4 Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5 Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7 If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

MorrisGray, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Turn On or Off Get even more out of Windows Suggestions in Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  5. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Oct 27, 2019
  6. lorraine walsh, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Get even more out of Windows Suggestions in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Get even more out of Windows Suggestions in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off more

2. How to disable the "Get Even More Out of Windows" ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the "Get Even More Out of Windows" ?: The following screen pop-up irregularly when restarting Window 10.We have tried unchecking the box as indicated above as well as setting the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UserProfileEngagement\ScoobeSystemSettingEnabled to 0.It's...
  3. How to disable the "Get Even More Out of Windows" ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable the "Get Even More Out of Windows" ?: The following screen pop-up irregularly when restarting Window 10.We have tried unchecking the box as indicated above as well as setting the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UserProfileEngagement\ScoobeSystemSettingEnabled to 0.It's...
  4. Get even more out of windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get even more out of windows: what is this? If I go ahead with this, will I face problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-even-more-out-of-windows/05207769-26b5-434e-ba49-88fc00a916de
  5. Get Even More out of Windows <<--- annoying!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Get Even More out of Windows <<--- annoying!: [ATTACH] This is so annoying. It makes me want to figure out how to get rid of it, and then permanently disable any and all Windows 10 updates. I tried some fixes on the web and they do not work. Anybody? How does one stop this sort of thing from microsoft?...
  6. Disable Get Even More Out of Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Get Even More Out of Windows: Hello, we are a digital signage company and I have problems with this screen.[ATTACH] Currently trying to modify these records by sending them from CMD, but I have not been able to solve it. REG ADD "HKCU \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \...
  7. Get Even More Out Of Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Get Even More Out Of Windows: Does anyone know how to disable this? Its seriously annoying, because it's interrupting the power up of PC that's under remote control to power up! And of course it doesn't. The PC has the latest Windows updates, and is Windows 10 Pro machine. We have tried several of the...
  8. Disable Get Even More Out of Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Get Even More Out of Windows: Hello, I'm having a problem with this screen appearing on my computers. I want it, and anything related to halting startup disabled. [ATTACH] What I've tried so far is setting the registry key...
  9. How to disable "Get even more out of Windows" on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable "Get even more out of Windows" on Windows 10: Windows 10 may display a "Get even more out of Windows" prompt occasionally that displays additional services that users may set up. The prompt may be displayed on the first start of the device, after the installation of a feature update, or at random provided that it has not...
  10. Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10 Timeline is now available in Windows 10 starting with build 17063. It can be difficult to get back to stuff you were working on in the past. You might...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. finish setting up your device regedit annoy