Windows 10: Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10

Discus and support Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10

How to: Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10

How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10

Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Chrome. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar in Chrome that you can also add your favorite websites you visit frequently on to make opening them faster and more convenient.

This tutorial will show you how to import favorites, browsing history, saved passwords, and search engines from Internet Explorer to Chrome bookmarks for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Google Chrome.
    2. Click/tap on the Customize and control Google Chrome (More)
    . button, click/tap on Bookmarks, and click/tap on Import bookmarks and settings. (see screenshot below)

3. Select Internet Explorer in the drop menu, select (check or uncheck) the items you want to import, and click/tap on Import. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished importing, turn on or off to Show bookmarks bar in Chrome for what you want, and click/tap on Done. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 18, 2016

2. Import Chrome Favorites

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to import bookmarks from Google Chrome to Microsoft Edge. We will assist you with it.

Follow the step provided below and check if it helps.

• First, export the favorites from google chrome to a file and save it on your computer.
    • Next, open Internet Explorer.
    • Press F10 key.
    • Click on file.
    • Select Import and Export.
    • Follow the instruction on the screen and import the bookmarks in Internet Explorer.
    • Now, open Microsoft Edge,
    • Go to setting.
    • Click on Import favorites from another browser.
    • Select Internet Explorer and import the favorites.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Dr JWR Win User
    Import Chrome Favorites

For some reason, when I try to import Favorites to Edge from Chrome, Chrome does not appear in the "Import" list, only "Internet Explorer" appears: Settings > Import Favorites from Another Browser > Internet Explorer. Have also tried having Chrome open
    when looking in Edge (similar to what one must do to add search engine other than Bing).

Running recently purchased (kids' secondary) desktop; Win 8.1 upgraded to Win 10; no user adaptation whatever.

Dr JWR, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Can't Import Internet Explorer Favorites into Edge

Vardhaman,

I'm having the same problem importing favorites from Internet Explorer. Your answer totally ignores his question.

"Please make sure you are following correct steps to import favorites."

• Select More actions (...) > Settings.
      (STOP: At this point EDGE says: ""couldn't import favorites", so we CANNOT GO TO STEP 2)
    • Select Import favorites from another browser and choose from the list.
    • To see your favorites, select Hub > Favorites.
    Kenny

KennethMeeks, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Import Favorites Internet

2. Transfering favorites from Internet Explore to edge

in Browsers and Email
    Transfering favorites from Internet Explore to edge: How can I Transfer favorites from Internet Explore to edge? 175754
  3. How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge: When I try to import Favorites from Windows Favorites folder, by going to Edge Settings > Import or Export > Import from file. Then select: C drive > Users > User name > Favorites folder. It only shows the URL short cuts in the Favorites sub-folder, with no way to select...
  4. Import favorites in Edge from Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Import favorites in Edge from Chrome: Hi, I am admin om my computer with Windows 10. My wife is second user. We both have accounts on Google and use chrome. I am logged in and open Edge to import favorites from Chrome. I get my wifes chrome favorites from her google account, and not my own??? This happens...
  5. Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: How to: Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to...
  6. Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Chrome. The bookmarks bar...
  7. Import or Export Internet Explorer Favorites with HTM in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import or Export Internet Explorer Favorites with HTM in Windows 10: How to: Import or Export Internet Explorer Favorites with HTM in Windows 10 How to Import or Export Internet Explorer Favorites with HTM file in Windows 10 [img] Information Keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as favorites in Internet...
  8. Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Firefox. The...
  9. Internet Explorer - Import Bookmarks from Firefox in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Internet Explorer - Import Bookmarks from Firefox in Windows 10: How to: Internet Explorer - Import Bookmarks from Firefox in Windows 10 How to Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Internet Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as favorites in Internet Explorer. The...
  10. Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer: How to: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as favorites in Internet Explorer. The...