Windows 10: Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10

Discus and support Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10 How to Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10

How to: Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10

How to Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10

You can use the standard user account on a PC so that it only has access to a single Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app you select.

When you set up and account with the assigned access feature, the user does not have access to the desktop, Start Menu, or any other part of the PC. The account can only access and use the selected UWP app.

*note To exit assigned access, press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys.

Starting with Windows 10 version 1809, Microsoft introduced a simplified assigned access configuration experience in Settings that allows device administrators to easily set up a PC as a kiosk or digital sign. A wizard experience walks you through kiosk setup including creating a kiosk account that will automatically sign in when a device starts.

For more information about assigned access, see:
    This tutorial will show you how to add and remove a kiosk account using assigned access for kiosk mode in Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Enterprise, or Windows 10 Education.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to turn on or off assigned access for a local standard user account.

Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Note For a more secure kiosk experience, you can make the following configuration changes to the device:

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] Set up a Kiosk Account for Assigned Access
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

2. Click/tap on Family & other users on the left side, and click/tap on Assigned access under Set up a kiosk on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Get started. (see screenshot below)

4. Do step 5 (create account) or step 6 (choose existing account) for the account you want to use in kiosk mode.

5. To Create an Account for Kiosk
    A) Type a name (ex: "Kiosk") you want to use to create an account for kiosk, click/tap on Next, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

6. To Choose an Existing Account for Kiosk
    A) Click/tap on the Choose an existing account link. (see screenshot below)

B) Select an existing account (ex: "Brink2") on the PC you want to use, click/tap on Next, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. Select an available app (ex: "Tips") you want to use in kiosk mode, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

*tip Guidelines for choosing an app for assigned access (Windows 10) | Microsoft Docs

8. If you selected the Microsoft Edge app, you will need to select how this kiosk app displays when running in kiosk mode, and click/tap on Next: (see screenshots below)

*tip Deploy Microsoft Edge kiosk mode | Microsoft Docs

*note As a digital sign or interactive display, the default URL shows in full screen, without browser controls.

As a public browser, the default URL shows in a browser view with limited browser controls.

9. Click/tap on Close. (see screenshot below)

10. To use this device as a kiosk, sign in with the kiosk account (ex: "Kiosk") you set up. (see screenshots below)

*tip If you like, you could set Windows 10 to always automatically sign in to the kiosk account at startup to not see the sign in screen.

OPTION TWO [/i] Remove Kiosk Account for Assigned Access
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

2. Click/tap on Family & other users on the left side, and click/tap on Assigned access under Set up a kiosk on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the kiosk account name (ex: "Kiosk"), and click/tap on Remove kiosk. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Remove to confirm. (see screenshot below)

5. You can now close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 6, 2017

2. Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 kiosk mode issue

Hello Ashley, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

I recommend that you follow the steps from the article ‘Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues’

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/config...

Alternatively, try to remove and then reinstall the Kiosk account. Please, follow the steps provided below:

1. Open Settings, locate Accounts, then Family & other people.

2. Tap on Assigned access that is under Setup a kiosk option.

3. Find Kiosk info and click on the account name, then tap on Remove kiosk.

4. Press Remove.

Once done, refer to the article on how to set up a single-app kiosk

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/config...

Best regards,

Alexander B.

Alexander Bertnikov, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10

Shawn Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Naresh_K Win User
    Windows 10 Pro V 1803 - Assigned Access mode - cannot add account

Hi Mike,

Thank you for writing back. I really appreciate your time and patience.

Yes, the steps are valid for Windows 10 as well, however you can also refer to the section “To set up assigned access in PC settings” in article:
    Set up a single-app kiosk

As you mentioned that you are receiving: "Something went wrong” error message. This can be if your current Administrator account is corrupted. I would request you to enable hidden administrator account and then try to setup Assigned Access. Here
    is how you can Enable Hidden administrator:

1. Open Command Prompt (search CMD on start menu) and run it as administrator.
    2. Then type: net user administrator /active:yes
    3. Close the Command Prompt.
    4. Then Log off from this user account sign in the account which says
      Administrator.
    5. Try to setup Assigned access mode.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Assigned Access of Powerpoint Presentation

I was hoping that by downloading the PowerPoint Mobile app in windows store, that I would be able to use it to setup assigned access on a Windows 10 computer and display a powerpoint presentation. Our issues is, we need this to be a Kiosk that no-one can
    close out the presentation. Powerpoint allows you to turn most functions off, but you can still access the ease of access toolbar, and can also close the presentation out. When I go to assigned access though, Powerpoint Mobile does not appear in the list of
    Apps. I have downloaded other Supposed PowerPoint Presenters, but none of them show up in the list either.

Can anyone tell me how to achieve this! I do not understand how to setup the Power Shell code to set this up, too technical for me. But I really need this as Kiosk computer. Any suggestion?

Drew Patterson, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10

1. Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Setup Remove Kiosk

2. I can't use MS Teams in Kiosk Mode using Assigned Access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use MS Teams in Kiosk Mode using Assigned Access?: I have everything set up correctly.But when I attempt to set up assigned access, MS Teams does not appear in the list of programs I can use for it.How can I fix this?...
  3. I can't use MS Teams in Kiosk Mode using Assigned Access?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't use MS Teams in Kiosk Mode using Assigned Access?: I have everything set up correctly.But when I attempt to set up assigned access, MS Teams does not appear in the list of programs I can use for it.How can I fix this?...
  4. Cannot setup Kiosk account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot setup Kiosk account: Hello,so at work I have couple PC to setup as a Kiosk PC.Meaning that they will be used to play a game and only that. I used regedit to create new string and it launch the game as soon as you login to account. Now where i got stuck is two places:Need to make that none of the...
  5. Problem with: Removing Single app KIOSK/Assigned access

Problem with: Removing Single app KIOSK/Assigned access: I have been testing the KIOSK mode in windows 10 pro through: Open settings Click on Accounts Click on Family & other users Under "Set up a Kiosk" click the Assigned Access option Click Get started and follow the steps The KIOSK mode is working, however, I only wanted...
  6. using kiosk mode/Assigned Access for signage - losing wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    using kiosk mode/Assigned Access for signage - losing wifi: I'm using the "Assigned Access" or kiosk mode of Windows 10 with a Pocket PC / mini PC stick https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QXV8T53/ attached to a TV, to display a particular web address for digital signage. Normally it works great. Problem is, if the wifi connection...
  7. Cannot Setup Kiosk Mode Assigned Access

Cannot Setup Kiosk Mode Assigned Access: I have a tablet that I need to setup as kiosk on Microsoft Edge. It was on 1607, but that version did not support Kiosk Mode on MS Edge, so I proceeded to update to version 1909 which at this time is the latest one. So I went once again try enabling Assigned Access but...
  8. windows 10 kiosk mode assigned access

windows 10 kiosk mode assigned access: Hi, im running around on the internet looking for solutions, what I need to know is in assigned access windows 10 kiosk mode can I run specific program like software from win32 app or like a software company....
  9. Printer Driver settings in Windows 10 Assigned Access Kiosk?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Driver settings in Windows 10 Assigned Access Kiosk?: Hello, First post. I hope this is in the correct place :) .I have set up my first kiosks using Windows 10 Assigned Access. everything works fine, but I am having a mild inconvenience I am hoping someone has some insight on. I have thermal printers connected by USB to each...
  10. Assigned Access kiosk and copy/paste

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Assigned Access kiosk and copy/paste: I have an in house kiosk app that we set up using "set-assignedaccess" The app itself works great. The app runs as a regular non-admin user. Also, when the app is run as an admin or regular user outside of being set up with assigned access, copy/paste works, so I presume...