Windows 10: insists on a password and says it is wrong

Discus and support insists on a password and says it is wrong in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Similar sort of problem, tried to set up No Passwords but it insists on a password and says it is wrong (but it isn't). Then I can get into another... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by alc3261, May 19, 2016.

1. alc3261 Win User

insists on a password and says it is wrong

Similar sort of problem, tried to set up No Passwords but it insists on a password and says it is wrong (but it isn't). Then I can get into another "me" but only with a PIN. I cannot delete the first "me" or get into it but in Users only one"me" appears. There is no built in Admin account that I can see.
    It is driving me nuts to have 2 "me"s and the constant requests for login passwords/PINs.
    As other people have said if someone else is trying to get onto my Desktop then my house is being burgled and I have bigger problems!!

:)

alc3261, May 19, 2016

2. multiple users - where is the screen that allows you to choose which user to log on?

If by "do the reverse" you mean to check the box saying "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" and that is supposed to force the login screen - WRONG!!! It might work if you require a password, but if no password is needed the
    stupid system insists on logging in the last user automatically.

WHY DOES MICROSOFT MAKE THIS SO HARD TO FIX?????? Completely inexcusable...

GoldenGuyCO, May 19, 2016
  3. Unable to login to Windows with a new password

Original title: Barb

I forgot password and had to reset on my laptop, Windows 10. I have new password that works with Microsoft account, but will not open my windows. Insists it is wrong

Barb.Hruza, May 19, 2016
Thema:

insists on a password and says it is wrong

1. insists on a password and says it is wrong - Similar Threads - insists password says

2. My computer says "wrong password"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer says "wrong password": So my computer earlier this day wasnt working and then i send it in to somebody who i thought could fix it. Just for it to come back completely reset everything, so i log'd back in and download a lot of things. Non bad things just: Minecraft, steam and brave browserSo i turn...
  3. Update of OneDrive insists on a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update of OneDrive insists on a password: I use a Mac. Today my computer offered me the opportunity to update some applications, and I just clicked the option to "Update all". One of the applications that was updated is OneDrive. As a Mac user who tries to avoid anything to do with Microsoft, I am not sure how or why...
  4. Update of OneDrive insists on a password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update of OneDrive insists on a password: I use a Mac. Today my computer offered me the opportunity to update some applications, and I just clicked the option to "Update all". One of the applications that was updated is OneDrive. As a Mac user who tries to avoid anything to do with Microsoft, I am not sure how or why...
  5. Update of OneDrive insists on a password

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Sign in on laptop says wrong password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in on laptop says wrong password: My laptop asked me to sign in..so I used my Microsoft password and it told me it was incorrect…this happened the last time I had to sign in . So I changed it says wrong Using Windows 10...
  7. Sign in on laptop says wrong password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in on laptop says wrong password: My laptop asked me to sign in..so I used my Microsoft password and it told me it was incorrect…this happened the last time I had to sign in . So I changed it says wrong Using Windows 10...
  8. windows saying my password is wrong

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows saying my password is wrong: hi i started my computer today and when the sign on screen comes up and i enter my password it says password is wrong, ive had the same password for a year and dont know how to get past the sign on screen, i tried to do a restore but when i get to the account information is...
  9. Windows says my password is wrong

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows says my password is wrong: I normally sign into windows 10 on my computer using a local account. I have been using the same password for years so I know that the password is correct. Last night I wanted to download and install a desktop theme and my computer asked me to login to my Microsoft live...
  10. says password is wrong when it's right

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    says password is wrong when it's right: When I started my wife's computer this morning it was doing an update and then when it finished, her password didn't work any more. When I click the "reset password" box it says I had to have set up a disk ahead of time. The box is labeled "password reset wizard". I don't...