Windows 10: Install as admin, can't uninstall from Settings

Discus and support Install as admin, can't uninstall from Settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, just came across this- I installed a program as admin (rt click, run as admin), hoping that might resolve a small snag, then wanted to uninstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dalchina, Aug 17, 2018.

1. dalchina Win User

Install as admin, can't uninstall from Settings

Hi, just came across this- I installed a program as admin (rt click, run as admin), hoping that might resolve a small snag, then wanted to uninstall it. From Settings I could not, nor is there a way there to start the uninstallation as admin.

Was this just an odd one-off? (Just curious really- I uninstalled it another way). Thanks.

:)

dalchina, Aug 17, 2018

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Install as admin, can't uninstall from Settings :confused:

oli_ramsay, Aug 17, 2018
  3. IMA
    ima Win User
    ATITool 0.24 in non-admin user

Hmm, strange thing. I uninstalled v0.24 and installed v0.23, which works fine. After I read your advices, I installed v0.24 again and "Voila!", it starts in PowerUsers (non-admin) without errors/complains.
    Thank you for your suggestions and sorry for the post.

4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Install as admin, can't uninstall from Settings - Similar Threads - Install admin can't

2. Mystery Admin? Can't change settings!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mystery Admin? Can't change settings!: Ok so, been having this issue for a few months where I can't change my password or security settings because "Security Policies on this PC are preventing you from changing this setting". This is very strange as I should be the only admin and I'm not sure what to do. I also...
  3. Can't delete Icloud from the system as it does not appear in the uninstall settings, but...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't delete Icloud from the system as it does not appear in the uninstall settings, but...: In the Microsoft store when I open ICloud, it says that I own this product, however, when I check my files and programs and even the uninstall programs settings feature, I am unable to locate for ICloud. When I go to My Library in the Microsoft store, it shows that I have...
  4. Uninstalled GPU from device manager and can't install it back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalled GPU from device manager and can't install it back: Tried DDU and everything but Windows Update, Device Manager and AMD Catalyst all give an error when installing. Comment if you need more information. Trying to install the INF manually from AMD Catalyst gives "One of the installers for this device cannot perform the...
  5. Can't set a program to run as Admin automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't set a program to run as Admin automatically: I have a virus-removal program which suddenly started needing to be run as Admin. (BTW, why did this happen?) When I right-click on the link, there's no "Run as Administrator" option visible. When I try to set the program to automatically run as Admin, that option is grayed...
  6. Can't uninstall from D:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't uninstall from D:: I can't uninstall Epic Games Launcher from D: (which no longer exists, turned into OS (C:) and OS (F:) I found a similar forum question, told to run CMD as administrator, but it was F: to A: attempted the same thing, subst D: to C:\ it appeared to work, but I still...
  7. Win10 - Can't Install Anything As Admin.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win10 - Can't Install Anything As Admin.: Windows updated and my MSI gaming laptop went from about 5 seconds boot to about 60 seconds. I figured I screwed something up in the update and anything I found online suggested that I do a repair.... so I ran a repair - the option that kept my data on a my laptop. Now, I...
  8. Install as admin, can't uninstall from Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install as admin, can't uninstall from Settings: Hi, just came across this- I installed a program as admin (rt click, run as admin), hoping that might resolve a small snag, then wanted to uninstall it. From Settings I could not, nor is there a way there to start the uninstallation as admin. Was this just an odd one-off?...
  9. Can't Uninstall software (ESET) from "Uninstall a program"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Uninstall software (ESET) from "Uninstall a program": Hi everyone I want to update my eset nod but i can't uninstall the previous version of this program. when i want to change or remove this program, windows 10 show Windows Installer alert: "This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to...
  10. Domain Admin can't set Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Domain Admin can't set Desktop Icons: A brand new Win 10 Pro (64-bit) from DELL. FWIW, BOTH DOMAIN ADMINs and DOMAIN USERS were added to the Local Administrators Group. I (DOMAIN ADMIN) wanted to add "This PC" and "Network" to the local Desktop. I couldn't open Themes | "Desktop Icon Settings" to do that....