Windows 10: Install Debian GNU/Linux using the commandline, microsoft store broken

Discus and support Install Debian GNU/Linux using the commandline, microsoft store broken in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro machine that has been hardened for security reasons. The result of this is that the Microsoft Store is unable to connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ozzyknox, Jun 27, 2018.

1. ozzyknox Win User

Install Debian GNU/Linux using the commandline, microsoft store broken

Hi,

I have a Windows 10 Pro machine that has been hardened for security reasons. The result of this is that the Microsoft Store is unable to connect properly. I have tried to fix this, but to no avail.

I want to install GNU/Linux distribution under the WSL. I have added the WSL feature for my Windows instance.

So, the question I have, which I have researched extensively and cannot find an answer for is: What commands can I execute on the commandline to install Debian GNU/Linux distribution under WSL?

All the links I have found online lead me back to the Microsoft Store, which is not an option for me on this machine.

Any help will be appreciated.

Best
    Ozzy

:)

ozzyknox, Jun 27, 2018
  2. Felix-F Win User

Microsoft Store not working

I tried installing the Linux subsystem (tried Ubuntu and Debian/GNU Linux) via the Microsoft Store. Whenever I click "get", it quickly flashes "working..", then just refreshes the page and nothing happens.

Yes, I did activate the subsystem via powershell. I did try restarting. I did try resetting the store with wsreset.

The only other instance I ever used the store was to install Netflix, which worked, but that was a while back.

Windows version: Win10 Pro 10.0.16299

Felix-F, Jun 27, 2018
  3. blckwlf Win User
    debian linux

can anyone tell me wats the best version of debian to download for an old gateway solo laptop with windows 98 and a pentium 2 processer and where/how to get that version of debian linux

blckwlf, Jun 27, 2018
  4. Install Debian GNU/Linux using the commandline, microsoft store broken

Can NOT install Linux from Windows store!

I am currently using Windows 1803[17134.81] and I can NOT install Windows from Store! Whenever I run the powershell command to turn "Windows sub-system for Linux" on, the machine takes a reboot and then "Working on Updates We couldn't apply the updates"
    then another restart and then 'undoing changes' kinda thing. HOW TO ENABLE LINUX INSTALLATION FROM STORE?!

*Steps followed so far---

• Re-installed Windows, 100% clean. Still nothing.
    • Created another user account, no help.
    • Deleted theme, reset Windows Store, and store cache too. NO HELP!

DeepanChatterjee, Jun 27, 2018
Thema:

Install Debian GNU/Linux using the commandline, microsoft store broken

1. Install Debian GNU/Linux using the commandline, microsoft store broken - Similar Threads - Install Debian GNU

2. How to install window 11 from Linux Debian 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install window 11 from Linux Debian 12: So I had previously installed Debian 12 and decided to re-install windows 11, the computer came with windows 10 before Debian. My problem comes when I insert the Bootable drive, I have 3 partitions EFI - 512 MbDisk - 237 GB - GPT formatLinux Swap- 977 MbWindows installation...
  3. How to install window 11 from Linux Debian 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install window 11 from Linux Debian 12: So I had previously installed Debian 12 and decided to re-install windows 11, the computer came with windows 10 before Debian. My problem comes when I insert the Bootable drive, I have 3 partitions EFI - 512 MbDisk - 237 GB - GPT formatLinux Swap- 977 MbWindows installation...
  4. Installed Debian Linux -

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed Debian Linux -: Several months ago I installed Debian Linux on my Windows 10 computer with dual multiple boot. The systems were working well together where I could select and boot into either Debian or Windows from the Debian GRUB selection screen. In the past week, I updated Debian with the...
  5. Installed Debian Linux -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed Debian Linux -: Several months ago I installed Debian Linux on my Windows 10 computer with dual multiple boot. The systems were working well together where I could select and boot into either Debian or Windows from the Debian GRUB selection screen. In the past week, I updated Debian with the...
  6. Installed Debian Linux -

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Debian is a Linux based OS and OSes likes Ubuntu are based on Debian. Does this mean they...

Debian is a Linux based OS and OSes likes Ubuntu are based on Debian. Does this mean they...: Debian is a Linux based OS and OSes likes Ubuntu are based on Debian. Does this mean they use the source code of Debian? Or they use source code and Kernel of Linux?...
  8. How to get rid of Debian/Linux install at startup

How to get rid of Debian/Linux install at startup: Hi Due to the fact that Microsoft is stopping updating Windows 7 from the beginning of 2020 I thought I'd get an early start and upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago. Everything went well, but there are a couple of thing's that I find irratating when the Win 10 starts...
  9. How to get rid of Debian/Linux install at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of Debian/Linux install at startup: Hi Due to the fact that Microsoft is stopping updating Windows 7 from the beginning of 2020 I thought I'd get an early start and upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago. Everything went well, but there are a couple of thing's that I find irratating when the Win 10 starts...
  10. C drive showing GNU/Linux

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive showing GNU/Linux: Hi, My PC C: Drive is showing as below picture as GNU/Linux. When I tried to dual boot the PC, suddenly booting got interrupted. And PC got restarted. From then onwards it was showing as below picture. Could you please help me out and get back my C: Drive to my original...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installing debian gnu linx for windows via command prompt