Windows 10: Install gone BAD! Can't boot to USB anymore to install Win 10 fresh

Discus and support Install gone BAD! Can't boot to USB anymore to install Win 10 fresh in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A friend gave me a PC with 2 internal hard drives, one being partitioned. I purchased a brand new Win 10 Pro license and want a clean start. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by webdevguy, May 7, 2018.

1. webdevguy Win User

Install gone BAD! Can't boot to USB anymore to install Win 10 fresh

A friend gave me a PC with 2 internal hard drives, one being partitioned. I purchased a brand new Win 10 Pro license and want a clean start. I downloaded Win 10 to my USB jump drive and rebooted. I was unable to install due to "the selected disk has an MBR partition table". So, I found this youtube video: Windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk has an MBR partition table - YouTube

I followed the instructions, namely....
    Ran "diskpart"
    Selected each disk, 1 and 2
    Did a "clean" for each
    Did "convert GPT" for each

Now when I reboot I can't even boot to the USB drive anymore. Some errors on the black screen....

For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2.1.1.3
    Check cable connection!
    PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE Rom.
    Reboot and Select proper Boot device
    or insert boot media in selected Boot device and press a key
    I made sure my USB drive (with Win 10 installer) is in and hit a key. Same error.

I rebooted and went to boot menu and made sure USB was set for first boot sequence.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I can't boot off my USB drive anymore so that I can run my Win 10 free install!

My goal:

• Remove any partitions that were created in the past
    • Boot to USB install drive
    • Install Win 10 on my SSD drive

Can you help???

:)

webdevguy, May 7, 2018
Thema:

Install gone BAD! Can't boot to USB anymore to install Win 10 fresh

1. Install gone BAD! Can't boot to USB anymore to install Win 10 fresh - Similar Threads - Install gone BAD

2. Why can't my PC open fresh installs anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't my PC open fresh installs anymore?: I'll keep it brief; if I download ANY new file it will NOT open and will just take up memory in my PC until I use task manager to intervene. Anything I've used before works the same, but if I download any type of installer, portable app, or anything launched through File...
  3. Why can't my PC open fresh installs anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't my PC open fresh installs anymore?: I'll keep it brief; if I download ANY new file it will NOT open and will just take up memory in my PC until I use task manager to intervene. Anything I've used before works the same, but if I download any type of installer, portable app, or anything launched through File...
  4. Why can't my PC open fresh installs anymore?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't install Win 11 with USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Win 11 with USB: The USB is UEFI, but attempting to boot it during bios will say that I'm in legacy/CSM mode, and will not work. After disabling legacy mode/CSM, I can't get any prompt to allow me to boot from the USB at all. Is there a way around this, or could I make the USB a MGR? Would...
  6. Bugcheck - on fresh Win 10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bugcheck - on fresh Win 10 install: Hi Guys and gals, I've encountered my first BSOD after a fresh install of Win10, before it, i was getting consistantly different BSOD's. I will start off by saying, temperatures are fine, RAM is tested and fine (memtest 4.5 hours and Windows memory diagnostic). I'm dying...
  7. System reserved is gone on fresh install, and windows boot usb won't install it no matter...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System reserved is gone on fresh install, and windows boot usb won't install it no matter...: I am very confused on how this happens. I'm being told that installing over unallocated space on a disk will automatically create a system reserved file and a recovery point file. Unfortunately everytime I install windows 10 on this disc, I just have on partition on it....
  8. Fresh install of Win 10

Fresh install of Win 10: I have an 2014 vintage ASUS Transformer that I would like to wipe clean and buy/install Windows 10. The problem is the original Win 8.1 install seems to be corrupt. It will not update, and if I try to refresh or reinstall, it wants the installation media, which I do not have....
  9. Fresh Install Win 10

Fresh Install Win 10: My two PC were free upgraded to Win 10 last year. I want to re install the Win 10 on one of that PC due to virus in that PC which is not getting removed. My question is, how to re install Win 10 and how it will be activated. Do I need to note down some thing from this PC to...
  10. BSOD boot loop in spite of fresh Win 10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD boot loop in spite of fresh Win 10 install: edit: Some awful grammar Hi folks, I did read the "post instructions" thread but I cannot actually boot in to windows presently (typing this from my work computer) so the DM Log collector won't help. System: i5 6600K @4.5ghz, 16 Kingston Hyper X 2666mmhz RAM,...