Windows 10: Install GOW4 on Games HDD, but keep other Apps on Windows SSD.

Discus and support Install GOW4 on Games HDD, but keep other Apps on Windows SSD. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; JUst as the title suggests. I finally finished GOW3 and GOW Judgement via backwards compatability on my xbox one, and now was install GOW4 on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Groggubus, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Groggubus Win User

Install GOW4 on Games HDD, but keep other Apps on Windows SSD.

JUst as the title suggests. I finally finished GOW3 and GOW Judgement via backwards compatability on my xbox one, and now was install GOW4 on my desktop, but haven't got the space on the SSD(C:\) and want to install the game to my Games HDD.

Is there a way to install a single game/windows 10 app to a different hdd, yet keep the majority of the smaller ones on the windows drive? A quick search/google only told me how to change the default location. I dont want to do this.
    I just want to install GOW4 (and Halo Wars 2) on my Games Drive.

Thanks,

:)

Groggubus, Aug 18, 2017

2. FH3 and GOW4 0x80073cf9

I have a problem with FH3 and GOW4. My OS is on a SSD (C), and I have 2 others drives (1 SSD 250GO (S) and 1HD 1TO (E) for my games.

I can dl the game on my SSD (C) with my OS without problem, but if I decide to dl them on my other drives (S or E), after 29mb for FH3 and 47mb for GOW4 :

0x80073cf9

The problem is that I have only 120GO on C, so I can't install FH3 and GOW4 at the same time. And GOW4 is just too big for 120Go.

I install all my steam games on E or S without any troubles for 3 years.

BouvetRémi, Aug 18, 2017
  3. code 0x80073cf9

Same problem with FH3 and GOW4. My OS is on a SSD (C), and I have 2 others drives (1 SSD 250GO (D) and 1HD 1TO (E) for my games.

I can dl the game on my SSD (C) with my OS without problem, but if I decide to dl them on my other drives (D or E), after 29mb for FH3 and 47mb for GOW4 :

0x80073cf9

The problem is that I have only 120GO on C, so I can't install FH3 and GOW4 at the same time. And GOW4 is just too big for 120Go.

I install all my steam games on E or D without any troubles for 3 years.

But apparently it is too COMPLICATED for MICROSOFT.

Don't buy the game untill its fix, if it is in the future.

BouvetRémi, Aug 18, 2017
  4. Install GOW4 on Games HDD, but keep other Apps on Windows SSD.

Some program installers let you choose the installed location.
    Often the choice is offered in some sort of "advanced" screen inside the installer.
    Use that to override the default (probably C:/Program Files) with something else (like D:/whatever).

If the installer does not offer a choice then it's tough luck.

margrave55, Aug 25, 2017
  5. I do have GOW4 installed on my D drive, not my OS C SSD primary drive.

However, if I remember correctly, I wasn't given an option from the Windows store as to where to install the game or maybe didn't find it. What I did was change the default location where new apps are installed from my SSD C drive to my storage D drive. Windows settings\system\storage\change where new content is saved. I changed new apps will be saved to D and then when I installed GOW4 my D drive showed up as the install location. You can always change the default location where new apps are installed back to C or wherever once GOW4 is installed.

Install GOW4 on Games HDD, but keep other Apps on Windows SSD. [​IMG]

specialkone, Aug 25, 2017
  6. Groggubus Win User
    oh ok thanks. I find windows store products very behind the times, in that you can't decide individually where they go unlike say, every other installer since windows 95 :S

Groggubus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Install GOW4 on Games HDD, but keep other Apps on Windows SSD.

1. Install GOW4 on Games HDD, but keep other Apps on Windows SSD. - Similar Threads - Install GOW4 Games

2. Window keeps thinking that it is installed on HDD not SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window keeps thinking that it is installed on HDD not SSD: Hi everyone, I am having really weird problems with windows 10 pro 2004.My OS is installed on 500GB SSD WD750, My games is installed on 500GB ADATA SU800I turn off all of my HDD by HDDSCAN, but everytime I run any Windows utilities paint.exe, calculator Windows wakes all of...
  3. HDD 100% usage on a game which is installed on the SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD 100% usage on a game which is installed on the SSD?: Hello everyone, lately I've engaged a problem with several games. Alot of my games suddenly got tons of performance issues. I've checked my Task Manager during game sessions and noticed that my HDD just spikes up to 100%, mainly consistently on 100% actually. Games are...
  4. HDD to SSD while keeping files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD to SSD while keeping files: Hello, I want to switch from an HDD to an SSD. My intention is to use the bootable media to install a clean copy of windows on to the SSD, and drag and drop files from the HDD. However, I am concerned about dragging and dropping files from the HDD to the SSD, namely, whether...
  5. How to keep my files and games on my HDD with an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to keep my files and games on my HDD with an SSD: I recently purchased an M.2 SSD 120GB just to be a boot drive for my Windows 10 so it's faster, but I'm not sure about how to keep my files and games on my 1TB HDD but it still has Windows 10 on it and I'm not sure on how to tackle this situation. I want to keep everything on...
  6. Confused With SSD And HDD Installation of Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Confused With SSD And HDD Installation of Windows: I have a laptop with SSD and HDD in it. My drivers look like this[ATTACH] how Can i know weather windows is installed in SSD or HDD ? I am also using Intel Optane Memory which looks like this [ATTACH] As you can see i have one SSD and one HDD how can know where is...
  7. Windows 10 Installation to new SSD while keeping old HDD

Windows 10 Installation to new SSD while keeping old HDD: Installed a new SSD, so my PC now has two drives. Have been running Windows 10 on the old HDD. I want to install Windows 10 on the new SSD. Using the Windows ISO DVD I made there is no choice where to install WIndows 10. I am not sure how to remove Windows 10 from the old HDD...
  8. Installing Windows on m.2 ssd keeping old hdd

Installing Windows on m.2 ssd keeping old hdd: Hi I purchased a new m.2 ssd .I want to install windows 10 on it.But i also want to keep my old hdd for storage (which currently has win 10) .How can I format the old and install win 10 on new ssd? Also link the necessary resources and links please.My dell laptop is...
  9. Install Windows on SSD with bootloader on HDD

Install Windows on SSD with bootloader on HDD: I have Dell Inspiron 7566 with built-in Toshiba HDD which had three partitions: C:/ for Windows 10 , U:/ for Ubuntu 18.04 and D:/ for other stuff. Ubuntu was installed in UEFI mode and on every boot computer loaded to GRUB and asked which system it should start. Recently I...
  10. Installing Windows 10 on HDD, then on SSD

Installing Windows 10 on HDD, then on SSD: I have recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit to Windows 10 (because I took advantage of the free upgrade offer last year), but have created an ISO file for a full install as I want to fully install Windows 10 by itself. My plan is, if the install works and...