Windows 10: install issue is now a booting issue

Discus and support install issue is now a booting issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I’m having a terrible issue where my pc stopped loading after a windows 10 update. Now when turn my PC on, it shuts off after it reads the HD. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ColombianLove41, May 29, 2018.

1. install issue is now a booting issue

I’m having a terrible issue where my pc stopped loading after a windows 10 update. Now when turn my PC on, it shuts off after it reads the HD. I was able to clear it off and install 8.1 but when I got to install windows 10, it does the same thing and shuts off and tries to boot again. It also does this after I try to boot from a windows 10 installed USB thumb drive. Have you ever run into this or heard of this? I don’t know where to turn or what to search to find the answer. I have obviously figured it out a long time ago because I got windows to run and install on my machine.

:)

ColombianLove41, May 29, 2018

2. Windows 10 boot and system issue

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10
    using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
    • bootrec /fixmbr
    • bootrec /fixboot
    • bootrec /scanos
    • bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring
    of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

This will help you to recognize the bootable drive and boots the operating system. Once you are able to boot the device, we will be to resolve further issues.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Anup Karkal, May 30, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Boot issues.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Are you able to log in to the operation system which was installed on the second hard drive?

• Which was the previous Operating system installed on the computer?

• Is the hardware error for the new hard drive or the old hard drive?

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    The steps mentioned below is for the old hard drive.

I suggest you to remove all the external devices connected to the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, follow these steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

a. Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 USB or DVD.

b. Click on Repair your computer.

c. Click on Troubleshoot and in theAdvanced options.

d. Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

bootrec /scanos

bootrec /rebuildbcd

I also suggest you to include the screenshot of the hardware error that you receive.

Refer: How to include a screenshot in your post.

How to include a screenshot in your post

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 30, 2018
Thema:

install issue is now a booting issue

1. install issue is now a booting issue - Similar Threads - install issue booting

2. boot issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot issue: 1I have following issue in start of window.2i have installed window 11, but now i want to reverse back to my previous version i-e window,that came with my laptop. so how can i restore back that window......
  3. booting issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    booting issues: OK so long story short i tripped over my mic cord and pulled my PC down it stayed on and everything was working.but i decided to restart and now it will not boot if i leave my second HDD plugged in it did once and it. wouldn't open programs on it or they kept crashing any...
  4. USB Windows Install Booting Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Windows Install Booting Issues: Hey guys...I have spent the past two days going through different youtube videos and threads on this website for answers but haven't had any luck.I have a basic HP Pavilion laptop that is about 3 years old. Model 15-cd001ds. I installed a new 500gb SSD in it this week and...
  5. Drive, Boot, & OS Install Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drive, Boot, & OS Install Issues: Just bought my daughter a new laptop (Acer 5 Aspire). I've already exited S mode and now would like to take the 256GB SSD from her old HP laptop and install it in the Aspire as the boot drive instead of the installed 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD which I'll leave in place. The current...
  6. Intel Optane installation / Boot Issue

Intel Optane installation / Boot Issue: Hi, I'm having a hard time installing the intel optane that was pre-installed with the device. I had my laptop reinstalled with Windows 10 Pro because the HDD i was using broke and I had to buy an SSD. Then I saw that their is an intel optane installed in my laptop but it...
  7. boot issues??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    boot issues??: after updating to 2004 feature update, every time i boot up after shutting down i get the welcome prompt you get after a fresh install. every single time. submitted by /u/Mikey9405 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hodhbg/boot_issues/
  8. Booting issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting issue: While booting, my PC gets to the lock screen but it fails to get to the login screen. Thus I am unable to enterlogin and password and cannot run it in the Safe Mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-issue/2f656b9c-0c2e-4118-9086-1e1e562e690c
  9. Clean install - now network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clean install - now network issue: my sons PC has been getting very slow .... Dell E521 but no errors and no network issues. Decided to do a clean install of all. So used the Dell OS re-install to put in a clean install of XP-Professional Obviously first thing to do is to get network connectivity all OK...
  10. Media Tool installation boot issue

Media Tool installation boot issue: I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 and used the media creation tool on my usb flash drive. I've changed the fast boot option in my bios to disabled. When I run the program, I choose not to check for updates now, because I've already been through it on this Windows....