Windows 10: Install "Lite" Windows

Discus and support Install "Lite" Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an HP 360 Convertible laptop running Windows 10 Home. It only has a 32Gb SSD hard drive. Windows is taking up over 25Gb of the hard drive. There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ComputerGranny, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Install "Lite" Windows

I have an HP 360 Convertible laptop running Windows 10 Home. It only has a 32Gb SSD hard drive. Windows is taking up over 25Gb of the hard drive. There are 2 other partitions created by HP for recovery, I think. Given the size of Windows, there is very little hard drive capacity left to install any other applications that I need. This was not a good purchase, but now that I have it, I would like to get some use out of it.

I have found some information about "Lite" versions of Windows, but information on how to use them is very sketchy. I need a basic functionality of Windows, ability to see and use USB ports, networking, etc. I don't care about anti-virus, and all the bells and whistles loaded into Win 10.

I have created an image of the original install so I have a fall-back if I need it.

I have some questions:

1. What is the best way to combine all the partitions into 1, and is there any reason I shouldn't do this?

2. Does anyone have a recommendation of a "Lite" version?

3. How do I install something like this? All I can find is upgrade info. I see the Media Creator, but am not sure if I can use it for this purpose.

Thanks for any info you can provide. I really appreciate it.

:)

ComputerGranny, Sep 1, 2017
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Sep 1, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Install "Lite" Windows :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Install "Lite" Windows :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Install "Lite" Windows :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Install "Lite" Windows :)

musum, Sep 1, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Install "Lite" Windows

1. Don't want to do that, may need the data on partitions other than C: if having problems. Don't have an answer about a 'Lite' version.

I have 3 Tablets with Win10 [one is a 2-in-1] and have added a 64GB MicroSDXC memory card [Drive D:] to each of them to get necessary storage [same as used in SmartPhones]. I am also doing a Custom install of programs and putting them on the D: drive, might work to uninstall some and reinstall on the added drive.

Berton, Sep 1, 2017
  5. Thank you. I wondered if that might be the case. I have an sd card like yours. Just havent pursued finding programs that can run from it. I'll look into it. I appreciate your help.

6. Tony K Win User
    Tony K, Sep 1, 2017
  7. Thank you. I'm not home right now, but will get it to you as soon as I get home.

8. Install "Lite" Windows

Settings > Apps & Features > remove all that you don't use. Well, the ones that will let you uninstall them anyway. The ones with no uninstall option can be removed via powershell. Uninstall Apps in Windows 10
    Explorer > This PC > Right click the drive and select Properties. Then click Disk Cleanup. Not the best option but may get you a little more free space. Better than nothing.

alphanumeric, Sep 1, 2017
  9. NTLite or WinReducer can be used to limit the size of OS, but it might break some functionality.

TairikuOkami, Sep 1, 2017
  10. Tony K Win User
    Great advice. If I may add: Open and Use Disk Cleanup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Heed the red warning if you have previous Windows files of an earlier version. If you do have them I suggest to delete them, for they take up a lot of space. We can show you how to mirror you drive instead in case something goes wrong.

Tony K, Sep 1, 2017
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    I've got two computers with 32 GB eMMC drives. One Azulle stick computer and a Nextbook Tablet. What I did on each of them was to first back up the manufacturer provided drivers using the dism /online /export-driver command. Then I also used Macrium Reflect Free to make an image of the entire 32 GB eMMC drive. Once I had those backups made, I then clean installed Windows 10 by deleting every partition on the eMMC memory drive and installing to unallocated space. Any drivers that were not installed by Windows, I manually installed from the drivers exported previously. I think I also had to run the "compact /compactos always" command to get Windows into the compressed install state. Windows 8 had a compressed install state, I can't remember what it was called, that is different than Windows 10. When Windows 8 was compressed, it required the recovery partition to run. Windows 10 has moved those files from the recovery partition to the WinSXS folder in the OS partition, so a specific recovery partition to run in compressed state is no longer required. Vanilla Windows 10, compressed, runs in about 10 GB of space.

NavyLCDR, Sep 2, 2017
  12. All of you, this is wonderful information! Thank you so much. I'm still away from home unfortunately. *Sad Can't wait to get back and look into these. Thanks!!!!

ComputerGranny, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Install "Lite" Windows

1. Install "Lite" Windows - Similar Threads - Install Lite

2. I installed windows 10 lite Tiny windows but store is missing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I installed windows 10 lite Tiny windows but store is missing: I installed windows 10 lite Tiny windows but store is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-installed-windows-10-lite-tiny-windows-but-store/270b60bf-7a00-44c4-93ad-c769153ca7bd
  3. I installed windows 10 lite Tiny windows but store is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed windows 10 lite Tiny windows but store is missing: I installed windows 10 lite Tiny windows but store is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-installed-windows-10-lite-tiny-windows-but-store/270b60bf-7a00-44c4-93ad-c769153ca7bd
  4. I installed windows 10 lite Tiny windows but store is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Installing win10 lite through IPMI/KVM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing win10 lite through IPMI/KVM: hey to all ! complete noob here and didn't really know where to post this, I just bought a dedicated server from gorilla servers. It's a ryzen 5 3600 with 32gigs of ram and I am installing win10 lite on it. now that windows Installation is completed, the network is not...
  6. SAntivirus Realtime Protection Lite Digitalcom.inc is installed on my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SAntivirus Realtime Protection Lite Digitalcom.inc is installed on my laptop: SAntivirus Realtime Protection Lite Digitalcom.inc is installed on my laptop and it won't uninstall. It's a rogue program and I'm disappointed windows defender didn't deal with it. How can I uninstall this?...
  7. Plz help guys i try to install windows 10 lite by ghost to boost some fps and it keep...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Plz help guys i try to install windows 10 lite by ghost to boost some fps and it keep...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Yehmanthatcool [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dzl2tn/plz_help_guys_i_try_to_install_windows_10_lite_by/
  8. Install Microsoft silver lite on iPhone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Microsoft silver lite on iPhone: How do I install Microsoft server on my iPhone please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-microsoft-silver-lite-on-iphone/48356138-0665-4109-a42f-eeae0be4cc81
  9. Bluetooth button shown and lited up on notification bar, but no bluetooth devices installed...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth button shown and lited up on notification bar, but no bluetooth devices installed...: Windows 10 latest build, fresh install, still this button shown and blue. I cant disable it anyway and nowhere. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-button-shown-and-lited-up-on/e534d06b-525a-495b-a095-fb976fa14d3f
  10. I purchased a tripp lite 3.0 ehternet adaptor without a cd and it won;t install and I did...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I purchased a tripp lite 3.0 ehternet adaptor without a cd and it won;t install and I did...: I purchased a tripp lite 3.0 ehternet adaptor without a cd and it won;t install and I did everything to get it to work, its says it disabled...