Windows 10: install macrium back-up

Discus and support install macrium back-up in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; last night i reset my computer to as new when bought condition and i forgot i had the macrium backup, is it still possible to use the back-up and get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by dmesal, Jun 25, 2016.

1. dmesal Win User

install macrium back-up

last night i reset my computer to as new when bought condition and i forgot i had the macrium backup, is it still possible to use the back-up and get everything back from three weeks ago? all programs that were not on the computer when bought are gone.

all help and info greatly appreciated

:)

dmesal, Jun 25, 2016
  2. Taffy087 Win User

initiating Seagate backup

If you are referring to Macrium is it the Free version? If it is, Macrium will tell you that there is no Support for the Free product but will provide you with their operation manual/instructions.

(I think this is a generous response from them.)

I know because I had the same problem a few weeks back. It seems that I didn't carry out a pre-installation task to set up a special folder. I'm working on it at the moment.

Taffy087, Jun 25, 2016
  3. in my ethernet private network of windows 10 systems (build 16229.98), one system does not show up (e.g. with File Explorer, under Network)

Follow the guide I gave to restore the image, browsing into that folder until it picks up the .vhd file for each System partition.

But for a more flexible app that doesn't require backing up to the same position on disk, I prefer free Macrium:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7363/macrium-ref...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jun 25, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

install macrium back-up

If you have already made the usb and/or dvd Macrium Reflect boot, boot it, pick the image and restore it. If you haven't, install Macrium Reflect, then make the usb and/or dvd MR boot.

RolandJS, Jun 26, 2016
  5. dmesal Win User
    well i tried the Macrium and was not able to continue the total size of the macrium was just under 300 mb so i was a little leary of that but it did have a .wim file for later more than 200 mb.

also noticed that i bought the laptop in feb/mar time frame and that the restore to new in the box was 1511 so did the update get picked up when i activated the laptop. im sure the unit was on the shelf for quite a while? maybe?

also ran SFC and all checked out good so maybe this was a good thing waiting on redstone for any major changes.

many thanks not solved but its ok

dmesal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

install macrium back-up

1. install macrium back-up - Similar Threads - install macrium

2. Fresh re-install OS, Suddenly slow D: drive, Restore w/ Macrium Reflect?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh re-install OS, Suddenly slow D: drive, Restore w/ Macrium Reflect?: I had 1 SSD with win10 OS + 2 HDDs for data. Both HDD were fine. I decided to reinstall win10 from scratch so I made an SSD C: drive image backup in D drive using Macrium Reflect. After fresh install of win10, I found the D drive is extremely slow (100% usage in Task...
  3. Macrium image of a brand new pc - possible without installing?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium image of a brand new pc - possible without installing?: I just bought a new laptop and i would like to use Macrium Free to make an image of the SSD before i do anything. Is it possible to download or create a bootable Macrium USB drive without installing Macrium first? Can this be done on a different pc? 164149
  4. Macrium Reflect Installation/Usage Guide + Rescue Disk Creation

Macrium Reflect Installation/Usage Guide + Rescue Disk Creation: Macrium Reflect Usage Guide: https://youtu.be/AjPbuc2akp0 Here is how to create a bootable Flash Drive and partition it to have a single USB Stick containing both the Macrium Reflect Rescue Disk and a Backup Image partition in that rescue disk itself. So if you have a...
  5. Boot problem after installing Macrium

Boot problem after installing Macrium: I installed the current version of Macrium free today. I ran the rescue media creator and set a Windows boot menu. I also made a boot dvd. Then made an image and verified. I rebooted and got the boot error for an external drive. I opened the bios, exited without changes and...
  6. When installing Macrium Free, what is the "Log" option?

When installing Macrium Free, what is the "Log" option?: Hi, When I start the installation of Macrium Free, in the bottom left corner is a little checked box with the word Log next to it. What does this refer to and should I leave it checked or unchecked? Thanks. 148656
  7. Macrium Download and install

Macrium Download and install: I normally try to find the full Macrium installer, but as of today only the 5 mb version of v7.2.3957 was available. It gives you the option to include both the Reflect installer and the PE components in the download. To me, this action might indicate that the two...
  8. Cannot install Macrium Reflect 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install Macrium Reflect 7: I have win10 1809. When I try to install macrium reflect 7 message tells me that I am trying to install with a 32bit installer on a 64 bit system and will not load. When I download the installer it says I am running a 64 bit installer I have checked this on about six attempts...
  9. delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image

delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image: I installed Macrium Reflect free version on a USB stick last year. Now I would like to totally "empty" that stick and install the current data/info onto a "new" Macrium Reflect free version again (in the same, now emptied stick). I am aware of this: Backup and Restore with...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free 7.1.3317 not installing after W10 v1709 updates

Macrium Reflect Free 7.1.3317 not installing after W10 v1709 updates: I tried to make this first post earlier but maybe it went to the wrong location. Try again... Macrium Reflect Free version 7.1.3317 (64-bit) will not install correctly in my Windows 10 Pro Fall Creators Update (version 1709). There were no problems installing Reflect V6.3...