Windows 10: install of win10 wont go passed the boot screen before the lockscreen

Discus and support install of win10 wont go passed the boot screen before the lockscreen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I started having problems with my pc so I decided to do an in place install chosing to keep my files and programs after it completed I noticed my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ravvker520, Aug 15, 2018.

1. install of win10 wont go passed the boot screen before the lockscreen

I started having problems with my pc so I decided to do an in place install chosing to keep my files and programs after it completed I noticed my desktop files were all gone it was still acting weird so I restarted it and when I did it would get to the lock screen I would input my code and it would loop me straight back to the login screen over and over..I was able to log in through my wifes account though which was weird why was I getting hung up but her user account logged in fine? I finally decided to just reinstall fresh not keeping files or anything when I tried it would not install just keeps getting hung up on bootscreen..I am nowhere near tech savvy not sure what else to do I have read some of the people with same problems post's and tried some of the directions they were given but nothing....Any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

Ravvker520, Aug 15, 2018
  2. andrewsmc Win User

Comp wont boot..

So.. Earlier (last week) I posted that the computer will die, Freeze and go black screen but the comp will still be on. I thought it had to be the MOBO, I just got a new one and installed it. Now the comp freezes... What can be wrong. It wont even get to the actual MOBO boot screen. it stays at express gate.. CAN THIS BE THE CPU!??!

No its not overclocked. All stock. I will list specs ina min

andrewsmc, Sep 25, 2018
  3. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Sep 25, 2018
  4. KBD
    KBD Win User

install of win10 wont go passed the boot screen before the lockscreen

Comp wont boot..

i would guess video card. I dont know how a PC with a bad CPU would behave but i assume it wont boot at all. My advice would be this, disconnect everything from the board but the PSU, 1 stick of RAM, GPU and try to run it. If it still wont boot up try putting GPU in another slot or try another stick of RAM. If that wont help use known good components (RAM, GPU, PSU) and see if it will boot. Also make sure heartsink is seated properly as the person above said.

Thema:

install of win10 wont go passed the boot screen before the lockscreen

1. install of win10 wont go passed the boot screen before the lockscreen - Similar Threads - install win10 wont

2. Win10 20h wont install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 20h wont install: wont install the update, gets to 25% then stops. I get a window that says some settings need changing but it doesn't say what. I close this window and it takes me back to the Update Page, I then press the Fix Issues button and it starts the Install again, then the whole cycle...
  3. Win10 Pro wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Pro wont boot: When I turn on my computer, it shows the win10 icon and the spinning dots. After some time the windows logo dissapears and only the spinning dots are left. Left it like that for 3h and nothing. The same windows used to work fine, this was all of a sudden. My friend suggested...
  4. Windows 10 won't start. Laptop wont go pass the black screen with yellow writing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't start. Laptop wont go pass the black screen with yellow writing.: My laptop wont go pass the black screen with yellow writing, i hit esc button repeatedly when i turn my laptop on but nothin and i did the same with F1- F12 and nothing * Original title: Windows 10...
  5. Blank Lockscreen win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Lockscreen win10: My pc is just showing blue blank screen on the lockscreen like this:[ATTACH] And when im trying to change the picture I just got some infinity loading like this: [ATTACH]any solution? thank you...
  6. Apps wont show on lockscreen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Apps wont show on lockscreen: Hello, None of my apps will appear on the lockscreen. My system is all up to date and I have ran windows diagnostic checker as well as attempted some of the fixes already posted. PLEASE HELP. Im running windows 10. I have also had issues with updates not being able to...
  7. latest Win10 boot medium wont boot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    latest Win10 boot medium wont boot: The USB is detected and selected in the boot priority, but the monitor merely shows a flashing dash, with no progress to the display of the windows icon. UNlike a USB boot stick I made months ago with version 1607, the unbootable boot stick was made only yesterday - the whole...
  8. Black screen before log in on cold boot, without cursor in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen before log in on cold boot, without cursor in Win10: Hello. For a period of one month, I’m facing a black screen problem without a cursor before the login screen. I have a windows 10 installed PC, with an asus nvidia gt630 graphics card with the latest driver installed. I tried to uninstall the graphics card and reinstalled...
  9. Long boot start / black screen before login WIN10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long boot start / black screen before login WIN10: Hello, today I updated Windows 7 to 10 . After configuring the system, I decided to restart it. During startup, the Windows logo is displayed for about 5 seconds, then black screen for half a minute ... which is pretty damn annoying. Then login screen (automatic login ) and...
  10. win10 installation does not go on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 installation does not go on: I intended to do a clean install on a Acer Aspire 3660 so that I created a 32 bits Windows 10 install pen drive , changed the boot order on BIOS and booted the machine to start the setup. It booted from the pen drive , started to read from the device (pen driver's led...